Am I a member of the NRA?

Discussions and announcements related to the NRA.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ShaneHD
Posts in topic: 1

Am I a member of the NRA?

Post by ShaneHD »

I signed up for the NRA on 01/28/2012. Since then, I have received the following:

1st - A sweepstakes letter/drawing for guns. No membership card/ID
2nd - NRA Hat. No membership card/ID (came in a brown lunch sack stapled together)

I have still yet to receive anything else (ID card, sticker, magazines, etc). Should I be worried? The reason I ask is I want to activate my $2500 coverage on my guns. I may buy more coverage as well, as today I spent taking pictures and writing down all serials of all of my guns.

Just curious if I am being too impatient here.

JustMe
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Am I a member of the NRA?

Post by JustMe »

It took almost 6 weeks for me to get my card. My problem(that I will call them about tomorrow) is that I logged on yesterday and it said that my status is inactive.

I did recieve an email about 2 weeks in that had my member number on it
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

ShaneHD wrote:I signed up for the NRA on 01/28/2012. Since then, I have received the following:

2nd - NRA Hat. No membership card/ID (came in a brown lunch sack stapled together)

I have still yet to receive anything else (ID card, sticker, magazines, etc). Should I be worried? The reason I ask is I want to activate my $2500 coverage on my guns. I may buy more coverage as well, as today I spent taking pictures and writing down all serials of all of my guns.

Just curious if I am being too impatient here.
Are you sure you didn't throw out the membership card with the flotsam? Call/e-mail 'em and ask where the important stuff is.

JustMe

Post by JustMe »

Oh--the range bag that I got came totally seperate--about 3 weeks before I got the card
Mary Ellis
TX CHL Instructor NRA Instuctor--Basic Pistol,Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, RTBAV,Home Firearm Safety,Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection outside the Home. ,RSO, CRSO,TP&&W Hunter Ed Instructor

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

If you got a hat - you ARE a member. They don't give those to just anyone. ;-)

You will get your membership packet soon. In the meantime, your membership number is on the address label of all the other stuff you got.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Wes

Post by Wes »

They're slow, ts just how it goes. Took quite a while to get my card too.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

Yeah, it was the opposite for me. They sent my membership card in a couple of weeks, but took 4 months to send me my hat. I had to call them several times for that doggone NRA baseball cap.

So, yeah, you're a member alright. Welcome aboard!

:patriot:

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

All I got was a card...I feel left out.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

gigag04 wrote:All I got was a card...I feel left out.
They probably figured your work hat trumped their hat. ;-)
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

C-dub wrote:
Last night my hat was a double stiched fleece lined beanie. It was stupid cold out.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

gigag04 wrote:
C-dub wrote:
Last night my hat was a double stiched fleece lined beanie. It was stupid cold out.
Did it have a properller on top?? :mrgreen:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

NRA lifetime member

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

ShaneHD wrote:I signed up for the NRA on 01/28/2012. Since then, I have received the following:
I have still yet to receive anything else (ID card, sticker, magazines, etc). Should I be worried?
I joined by giving the sales agent $25 at the FW Gun Show on 12-17-11. Got the hat, then. Haven't gotten anything in the mail, yet - have gotten a couple of NRA-ILA emails. Finally called the membership folks and they said they didn't receive the package from their agent until 1-23-12. So, it'll be 6-8 weeks from that time.

Saw the lady at the FW Gun Show this last week end, and of course "the fault is with the NRA HQ - they're slow in everything they do."

Guess I'll wait some more.

UPDATE - 2/29/12 - Guess I didn't wait long enough to crab about it - got the latest ish of American Rifelman in the mail last week, and early this week, the 'credentials envelope' with the ID and insurance info arrived..... along with another envelope saying "It's Time To Renew!" "rlol"
Last edited by n5wd on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

I received a "Welcome to the NRA" mailing yesterday, but no membership card. I called member services and they told me the same "6 to 8 weeks." She did give me my membership number. While on the phone I donated toward free memberships for military men and women, who I thank for their service.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

ShaneHD,

If you received your hat, then take a look at the brown envelope your hat came in. Your member number is on the top left of the mail label. Use this member number to register for an online account on nra member services: https://www.nramemberservices.org/ . Log in to member services and you will see the contact info, your membership type (life, annual, etc), and your magazine (american rifleman, american hunter, or 1st freedom).

There is no need for the membership card if you have your member number.

No need to be on forever hold. Cool, eh?

Welcome to the NRA!
:tiphat:

Return to “National Rifle Association”