Back Up Gun

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Tow2500
Posts in topic: 3

Back Up Gun

Post by Tow2500 »

For those of you that carry a bug, what do you carry and where thanks.

Kiowa Scout

Re: Back Up Gun

Post by Kiowa Scout »

Tow2500 wrote:For those of you that carry a bug, what do you carry and where thanks.
I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380) in my weak hand front pocket of my pants. I carry an extra mag in my strong side front pocket.
"They all handle the sword and are expert in war; every man has his sword on his thigh, that fear be not excited in the night" Song of Solomon 3:8

Topic author
Tow2500

Post by Tow2500 »

Thanks, I have a ruger lcp, i just dont ever carry it, and was wondering how many people carry a back up gun

LabRat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LabRat »

I carry a Walther PK380, weak side pocket carry.

(What can I say? I got big hands...)
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I do not, but just wait until some of the folks here see this thread. There are several that carry a back for their back up. I've thought about a BUG, but haven't done anything about it yet. I think it would be a small semi-auto .380, but I don't have a preference for which model yet. I did shoot someone's .380 last summer out at Elm Fork that was really nice and I liked very much, but can't remember what it was. It's probably just as well, though, my wife rolled her eyes when I told her my boss sent me a link to that double barrel Italian 2011 .45. She knows my boss and said she might thank him for costing her another gun because after TAM let me shoot his .45 I've made the switch from .40.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Taurus 85 Ultra Lite in pocket holster in my front weak hand pocket.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Oh, but if and when I do I'm thinking about inside left ankle in my boot with spare mag(s) on the other ankle.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

karateclarinet

Post by karateclarinet »

I carry a Ruger LCR on the inside of my weak side ankle. During the summer when it get's too hot for jeans, I'll make move stuff out of the weak side front pocket of my cargo shorts and the LCR will go there in a pocket holster. The stuff I moved out of the front pocket will go into the cargo pockets.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

NRA Life Member

Topic author
Tow2500

Post by Tow2500 »

thanks for all the replies :tiphat:

Kiowa Scout

Post by Kiowa Scout »

I read an article recently in the American Handgunner Personal Defense Magazine (May 2012 issue) about carry two BUGs. Jame Yeager was the author of the article. I really liked what he had to say. The only problem is that he recommended carrying a sub-compact version of your primary gun as BUG1. That means I have to convince the XO (wife) that I need another pistol right now.
"They all handle the sword and are expert in war; every man has his sword on his thigh, that fear be not excited in the night" Song of Solomon 3:8

shootthesheet

Post by shootthesheet »

Kiowa Scout wrote:
Tow2500 wrote:For those of you that carry a bug, what do you carry and where thanks.
I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT (.380) in my weak hand front pocket of my pants. I carry an extra mag in my strong side front pocket.
Me too.
http://gunrightsradio.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

normally a Keltec P11 with 12 round mag in front pocket is BUG #1 and PF9 as Bug #2 in other front pocket, but the next few days I'm wearing wrangler/Rustler jeans instead of my Duluth Trading Co deep pockets jeans so carrying an AMT backup 380 front pocket Bug #1 and Seecamp in other pocket as Bug #2
Primary is Glock 26 with a 15 round mag and +3 base plate for 19 rounds (including chambered) initially.

Thanks for asking, reminded me to put on calendar to call a buddy to field test my XD45 and a few other new guns I am not carrying until I test them, the XD may become new primary and Glock 26 in my deep pocket Duluth Trading Co jeans front pocket ... we'll see .....He has the "membership" at the outdoor range I get into free when I go with him ;-)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Sunny45

Post by Sunny45 »

My primary is the Taurus PT145 or Taurus 24/7 C DS .45. My BUG is the Ruger SR9c or LC9 depending on the weather.

karder

Post by karder »

I have been trying to make carry a bug part of my routine, but it is hard for me as I carry a lot of stuff already and my waistband and pockets are pretty full. I have tried ankle carry, but I really don't like it much as I find it a bit uncomfortable. For the last few months, I have been carrying a Walther TPH .22lr in the SOB position. I know it is not the greatest choice, but it is all I have at this time that is small enough to cram into my waistband along with everything else. I had a Ruger LCR that would have been perfect, but my 90 year old father "borrowed" it to try it out a couple of years ago and has adopted it. I am seriously considering getting another. I would guess I am carrying a bug about 75% of the time and I am going to try and keep at it.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

10mmillie

Post by 10mmillie »

When wearing jeans my S&W 640 rides weak hand front pocket with speedloader in other pocket.
Wearing casuals a Kahr CM9 weak side spare mag in other pocket.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”