Sights for Glock

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dleiwig
Posts in topic: 2

Sights for Glock

Post by dleiwig »

Need some help and am once again drawing on ALL the experience here in the forum. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the XS Sight Systems 24/7 Big Dot Tritium Sights. I've heard they are outstanding for fast target acquisition and great for low-light conditions. I've also heard that accuracy at longer ranges sometimes suffers compared to the factory sights. I like the factory sights and shoot well with them, but like these sights too. It could just be an excuse to buy a new toy, and I keep hearing the old saying "don't fix it if it ain't broke" in my head. Anyone have these? Pros/cons?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/7GL0002S5-1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As always, I appreciate any advise. This forum is just friggin' awesome! :thumbs2:
ARMED INFIDEL
Glock 23
Para 1911
M&P 9c
CHL since March 2008

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Sights for Glock

Post by C-dub »

I think there is a few guys around here that have those sights. They seem to like them really well. What do you mean by "long range?" How far are thinking you'll need?

I have the Trijicon HD sights on my G21 with the orange around the front sight. The green dots are smaller than Meprolite's, but I'm adjusting. The orange around the front sight is very easy to pick up during the daytime, which is why I went with these this time.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
dleiwig
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dleiwig »

Well, I really wanted to take the ol' Glock elk hunting for some nice 300-400 yard shots! "rlol" Most defensive situations are very close range, and I guess I could have worded that better. I just didn't want to sacrifice accuracy for fast target acquisition. I just watched some of the James Yeager videos, and he totally blows the "accuracy" myths out of the water...looks like a non-issue. I was just curious if anyone has them and if they have experience any issues, or any issues gutting used to them. They are a totally different sight picture than I'm used to, so any change will take some getting used to. I've looked at the Trijicons too, and I really like the contrast of the front sight. So many choices, so little cash!! :lol::
ARMED INFIDEL
Glock 23
Para 1911
M&P 9c
CHL since March 2008

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I have the XS Big Dot on all of my pistols for the exception of a Browning Hi Power and one of my Glock 21's. Every pistol I carry has them and I love them. They are simple to use and are also very easy to install.

Iunnrais

Post by Iunnrais »

I've got a pair on my G29. Love em. I don't generally shoot further than ~50ft (indoor range) with a pistol and it will put them all in the right spot on the target if I do my part using them. Not as pretty groups as I get with my full size colt and it's 5" barrel, but definitely gets the job done.

smilner01

Post by smilner01 »

I have trijicon on my 26. Factory on my 23 and 34. I don't care for the factory sights at all, one of these days I need to pick up some new sights.
NRA Life Member
GSSF Life Member
CHL Holder-34 days class-to-card

texanron

Post by texanron »

I had the XS sights on a Glock 23 that I use to own and had no complaints about them.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

barres

Post by barres »

I'm not a big fan of Big Dot sights. Yes, they do have their place for SD sights, but sometimes, I just like to see how accurate I can be with even my little Glock 26. Big Dots are meant for "minute of man" accuracy, not precision. My preference for night sights is Meprolight Tru Glo night sights. Having only recently acquired the G26, I will soon be putting Meps on it. You need to get the sights that will serve you best, though.
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

cubbyjg

Post by cubbyjg »

I plan on installing XS sights on my pistols very shortly. I think i will go with the standard size though. I have trijicon 3 dot sights on my g19 and i find it really difficult to get a clear sight picture quickly in low light situations.
Hook'em Horns!
Class of 2007

“I am actually for gun control. Use both hands." - Gov. Rick Perry

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”