RIP Paul Gomez

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

RIP Paul Gomez

Post by pbwalker »

Not much detail right now (that I can find) but Paul Gomez has passed away.

http://gomez-training.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The gun training community has lost a great person.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

mescobar_rpls

Re: RIP Paul Gomez

Post by mescobar_rpls »

Wow. That is sad. I really enjoyed his YouTube videos.

fm2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by fm2 »

Sad, Sad news. I am heart broken over his passing. He was a passionate trainer, scholar, historian, innovator, mentor, and friend.

He has had a lasting effect on the training community and probably everyone who met him. He was a voracious reader, curious and always willing to listen and search for the details of a technique or method, the "why" interested him. That passion was only exceeded by his gift and willingness to share his insights and teachings with the good people. I am a better person for knowing him and I am grateful for his wisdom & friendship over the years.
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

Please keep us informed if you get any additional details.

Thanks,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I speculate he was a victim of cancer.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

fm2

Post by fm2 »

Here's an update.

Services for Paul Gomez will be held Friday June 8, 2012. Viewing will be from 10am-12pm with a memorial service at 12pm at Greenoaks 9595 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, La 70815

There are other things in the works like getting a trust set up for his kids and some benefit events/items, like his AK book, notes & thoughts, being worked on.

1. PAUL-E-PALOOZA (aka, "The Paul Gomez Tactical Conference Memorial") For those of you that knew Paul well, you knew that he would be less than pleased to hear that anything closely resembling a memorial golf tournament, even in name only, would be dedicated to him! Thus, the more appropriate, "PAUL-E-PALOOZA," name is chosen, and so mote it be. Paul's birthday is August 19th, and serendipitously, the 19th falls on a Sunday this year. So the conference will be set for August 17, 18 and 19. The location is STILL tentative. It's just a matter of measuring how the logistics line up. So stay tuned.

2. Uncle Paul's Bonfire Tribute Service will be July FRIDAY THE 13th at 7:00 p.m. CST in Camden, TN.
“It is the belief that violence is an aberration that is dangerous because it lulls us into forgetting how easily violence may erupt in quiescent places.” S. Pinker

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPB »

He was a member of the forum
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=11192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

Paul will be missed
Tribute videos
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I learned a lot from him on one-handed operation, which is handy if one hand injured, busy with something else ... or missing.

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

[youtube][/youtube]

Others http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... tzl2Id8NVk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

PR1042

Post by PR1042 »

I was actually looking at taking one of classes just the other day

Terrible news

apostate

Post by apostate »

I was very sorry to hear of his passing. I met him at the Rangemaster conference this year and, in addition to his accomplishments as both a trainer and student of these arts, he seemed a truly decent man. Farewell.

egonpax

Post by egonpax »

Saw this elsewhere... Sad sad news.

apostate

Post by apostate »

fm2 wrote:1. PAUL-E-PALOOZA (aka, "The Paul Gomez Tactical Conference Memorial") For those of you that knew Paul well, you knew that he would be less than pleased to hear that anything closely resembling a memorial golf tournament, even in name only, would be dedicated to him! Thus, the more appropriate, "PAUL-E-PALOOZA," name is chosen, and so mote it be. Paul's birthday is August 19th, and serendipitously, the 19th falls on a Sunday this year. So the conference will be set for August 17, 18 and 19. The location is STILL tentative. It's just a matter of measuring how the logistics line up. So stay tuned.
Paul-E-Palooza will be held at a private range in Garrettsville, OH run by Raven Concealment Systems.
Cost is $200 for two full days of training with all the money going to a fund for his kids.
Contact paul.e.palooza@gmail.com for details.

Trainers volunteering their time include Craig Douglas (Southnarc), Rob Pincus, Cecil Burch, Tom Givens, Andy Stanford, Dr. Keith Brown, Dr. Sherman House, Greg Ellifritz, Aaron Little, Paul Sharp, Larry Lindemann, Steve Fisher, Michael DeBethencourt, Bobby Mac, Jeremy Decker, Jeffrey Bloovman, Chris Fry, Spencer Keepers, Taylor Mock, Tom Fineis, Michael Goerlich, Claude Werner, Shane Gosa, John Hearne, William Aprill, Caleb Causey, Morgan Atwood, Chuck Haggard, Shay VanVlymen, Jay Hinton

RubenZ

Post by RubenZ »

What was his cause of death?

fm2

Post by fm2 »

apostate, thanks for posting the details for the Paul-E-Palooza event. I know most of the trainers listed and have trained with them. They are ALL great trainers and are really personable folks. They take the material they teach very serious, but don't take themselves too serious. This is a very good chance to sample some training from some of the best trainers available and help out a good cause. I am looking forward to being a part of this event.

In addition to the lectures & training there will be raffles and auctions for donated gear. I am donating some books, AK shirts, and a few other things that I had planned to mail to Gomez.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”