What will you load next?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 4

What will you load next?

Post by G.A. Heath »

Its been over a week where the crickets have dominated this forum, so I'll fix it. I just loaded some .45 Colt but to answer the question in the topic I think I will break out the Progressive to load about 200 rounds of .45 ACP. Who knows I might not stop there and just load all 1000 in that box.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Don2
Posts in topic: 5

Re: What will you load next?

Post by Don2 »

G.A. Heath wrote:Its been over a week where the crickets have dominated this forum, so I'll fix it. I just loaded some .45 Colt but to answer the question in the topic I think I will break out the Progressive to load about 200 rounds of .45 ACP. Who knows I might not stop there and just load all 1000 in that box.
Sounds good, I really need to load some 38 specials.
I plink and target shoot out back all the time and run through them fast.
My favorite load is using a 158gn LSWC that I cast. You know, it seems like SWC bullets have taken off in the last several years with all the different type of shooting sports these days. If you look for "store bought" swc either jacketed or plated, they often are out of stock. ( at least when I have looked checking prices ) Especially 45 acp's.

So far, I have casted for all the guns I have. It's a hobby all to itself ;-)
Just found another good deal on a couple of used Lyman molds yesterday. Both a 200 gn SWC 45cal and a 230 gn RN 45cal.
A reloading friend of mine had them laying in a drawer and does not load 45 auto's so I will be adding them to my collection soon. They will be my back-ups......Nothing wrong with having a spare right ?

:txflag:
Don2

michael e

Post by michael e »

Been loading 9mm, I have enought of them ready to go now for a while.
I need to play with some 357sig loads and 45GAP loads the most. So next will more than likely be 45GAP.

Don2

Post by Don2 »

michael e wrote:Been loading 9mm, I have enought of them ready to go now for a while.
I need to play with some 357sig loads and 45GAP loads the most. So next will more than likely be 45GAP.
Thats something I always wanted, 357 sig pistol..!!
Is a 357 sig a .357 dia bullet like the 38/357?

I load a lot of 38/357's and if so, that would cut down on the bullet stock needed for reloading?
I guess they should be about the same weights??? 110'ish gn to 150'ish gn ?? ;-)

Don2

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

Well if I decide to buy a RIA or Citadel 1911, then it will be .45 ACP. If I buy the Ruger 10/22 takedown then it'll be more 9mm. .22 is cheap so no sense reloading it. I never thought I'd like reloading because it's dirty and boring. I'm still not a big fan of the dirty part but I've reloaded about 300 rounds now and I find it relaxing. I prefer casting but I won't be doing it in this heat. Besides I still have plenty that my reloading friend casted for me during the winter. I wonder why more women don't reload. :headscratch
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by NcongruNt »

I'll be developing several .458 SOCOM test loads while my builder makes me a barrel and several other items for my new upper.
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

michael e

Post by michael e »

Don2 wrote:
michael e wrote:Been loading 9mm, I have enought of them ready to go now for a while.
Thats something I always wanted, 357 sig pistol..!!
Is a 357 sig a .357 dia bullet like the 38/357?

I load a lot of 38/357's and if so, that would cut down on the bullet stock needed for reloading?
I guess they should be about the same weights??? 110'ish gn to 150'ish gn ?? ;-)

Don2
.355 so same as 9mm, weights I got to play with right now are 124 125 147s . I have had 3 357sigs for over a year and havent really shot them due to ammo prices, finally found a place with some 1x fired brass so jumped on it , not for the fun part of finding what I like the best in them.

michael e

Post by michael e »

urnoodle wrote: .22 is cheap so no sense reloading it.
My dad used to say I was so cheap I would reload 22lr if it was possible. Sadly he is probebly right.

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

If my gun wishlist doesn't stop growing I may find myself reloading .22 as well. Who would have thunk that the first firearm purchase would lead to another, and another and another. I think I need to join a support group. :mrgreen:
U R Noodle

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I think I need to join a support group

I thought this was a support group :-)

oh, and 38spl +P for me.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Don2

Post by Don2 »

michael e wrote:
urnoodle wrote: .22 is cheap so no sense reloading it.
My dad used to say I was so cheap I would reload 22lr if it was possible. Sadly he is probebly right.
I was reading a while back that back in the day, they use to have a kit to reload 22lr's ??
Problem would be getting good priming compound without taking it from another primer. And maybe a 22lr roll crimp die?
Heck all the dies. I guess you can always do it the old way by hand and a hammer :roll:
Never seen any for sale...

Don2

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

ghostrider wrote:I thought this was a support group :-)
I think I need the other kinda support group. The kind that doesn't support you in your new purchase. :biggrinjester:
U R Noodle

michael e

Post by michael e »

urnoodle wrote:
ghostrider wrote:I thought this was a support group :-)
I think I need the other kinda support group. The kind that doesn't support you in your new purchase. :biggrinjester:
Whats the fun in that?

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I think I need the other kinda support group. The kind that doesn't support you in your new purchase.
NYC mayor's office?
:-)
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Return to “Reloading Forum”