Checkout line encounter...

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Checkout line encounter...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

So I bopped over to the local Best Buy this afternoon to pick up a couple of accessory items to my new GoPro camera, and I had the following encounter in the checkout line.....

There's a youngish guy in front of me in the checkout line who looks to be maybe 30 or so, and he's wearing a black fleece jacket and it is pretty obvious that he's got a big ol' sumkinda handgun under that fleece jacket, and it's printing pretty bad. I don't say anything until he turns a little partially toward me as he's looking at something off to the right, and I lean in just a tad and say in a low voice, "Uuuuhhh, I don't know if it matters to you or not, but you're printing pretty badly there. Thought you might want to know." He turns the rest of the way around, grins, and pulls up the front of his jacket just a little bit, revealing the badge on his belt. :shock: Then he says, "I don't worry about it one little bit."

Says I, "Good for you!" and I grinned back, feeling a little bit sheepish. So we got to talking a little bit, and I said how I hope we get an open carry law passed so I don't have to worry about it if I ever take my jacket off or something. He agreed that it's got to be a lot harder for CHL holders. I added that I am a big supporter of the RKBA. He nodded and said, "Absolutely.....it's your right."

Just then he got called to one cashier, and I got called up to the other.

Not really the typical kind of encounter that gets reported here. It was really just a chance casual conversation. I think it might be the first time I ever pointed it out to somebody else that they were printing, and stupid me, the other guy's a cop. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Thomas

Re: Checkout line encounter...

Post by Thomas »

The Annoyed Man wrote:He turns the rest of the way around, grins, and pulls up the front of his jacket just a little bit
Oh man, you got my heart rate up a little bit. I thought you were going to say he flashed his gun. :oops:

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

or his colostomy bag. :lol:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

mojo84 wrote:or his colostomy bag. :lol:
:smilelol5: Well, that colostomy bag was shaped exactly like a Glock 22, slide rollmarks and all. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

I love the GoPro Camera. My wife got me one for my birthday 2 years ago (before anyone knew about them and they were hard to find) when my buddy and I were going on our epic mountain biking weekend to Palo Duro Canyon. That thing takes AWESOME video. I got great video of our rainout as we were stuck in the canyon fearing being lost forever. I'll post it here for your enjoyment:
[youtube][/youtube]
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

I too have a GoPro Camera. Awesome piece of equipment.

The GoPro3 has my :drool:

But I'm still very happy with my original.
I use it mounted on the windshield of my car.

Just an extra eye watching and recording the road.

TAM, enjoy the camera. They're just a bunch of fun.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

cheezit

Post by cheezit »

you sure it wasnt a "chl" badge

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

cheezit wrote:you sure it wasnt a "chl" badge
Yeah, it was Grapevine PD.

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
cheezit wrote:you sure it wasn't a "chl" badge
Hopefully it wasn't in the Grapevine Mills Mall. ;-)
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

You mean you didn't point at it and loudly exclaim "IS THAT A GUN?!"
Psalm 91:2

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Keith B wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Hopefullyly it wasn't in the Grapevine Mills Mall. ;-)
That's funny right there!! :biggrinjester:

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

PUCKER wrote:
Keith B wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Hopefullyly it wasn't in the Grapevine Mills Mall. ;-)
That's funny right there!! :biggrinjester:
I wouldn't make water on that place if it were on fire. No, this happened at the Best Buy next door to the Academy at 114 and Ira E. Woods.

#TINVOWOOT

starrbuck

Post by starrbuck »

The Annoyed Man wrote:No, this happened at the Best Buy next door to the Academy at 114 and Ira E. Woods.
That's the one I shop at the most often, although this has never happened to me! Sounds like you both handled it well. Were you carrying at the time?
Springfield XD(m) 9mm 3.8 | Springfield XD-45 Compact | Springfield XD-9 Service
Kimber Pro CDP II .45 ACP | Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm w/Crimson Trace | Walther PPS 9mm
Bushmaster AR-15 w/Magpul pistol grip and foregrip, Bushnell holosight

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Fangs

Post by Fangs »

starrbuck wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:No, this happened at the Best Buy next door to the Academy at 114 and Ira E. Woods.
That's the one I shop at the most often, although this has never happened to me! Sounds like you both handled it well. Were you carrying at the time?
I'd bet good money that he was carrying. :tiphat:
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Fangs wrote:
starrbuck wrote:
I'd bet good money that he was carrying. :tiphat:
Yeah, I was carrying an XDm45 Compact in a OWB holster from Hopp Custom Leather with a matching mag carrier on the off-side. Too bad I can't OC with that holster. It's got full quill ostrich trim on it and it matches my Lucchese boots. :mrgreen:

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”