ATF raid in Lewisville. Guns, ammo confiscated.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Re: ATF raid in Lewisville. Guns, ammo confiscated.

Post by AEA »

sjfcontrol wrote:What's a "sealed federal search warrant"? What's the point of sealing it, which I presume means nobody can know what's in it.
Is that so you can change it later to match whatever you find in the search? :headscratch
BINGO!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

AEA wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:What's a "sealed federal search warrant"? What's the point of sealing it, which I presume means nobody can know what's in it.
Is that so you can change it later to match whatever you find in the search? :headscratch
BINGO!
Doggone if they ain't figgerd out another one of our Liberal conspiracies. :oops:

Jim

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

Sounds like the kind of thing that the BATFE is noted for doing. Its what happens when you create laws that can be "interpreted" into just about anything those doing the interpreting want to make it.

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Heartland Patriot wrote:Sounds like the kind of thing that the BATFE is noted for doing. Its what happens when you create laws that can be "interpreted" into just about anything those doing the interpreting want to make it.
BATFE? That describes the entire Obama Administration. :mad5
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

mdoan300
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mdoan300 »

The media messed it up as usual...

http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforum.cgi?read=113575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HK / FN / BCM

JeepGuy79
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JeepGuy79 »

there you go. that makes sense. Hope he gets cleared up soon.

Heartland Patriot

mdoan300 wrote:The media messed it up as usual...

http://sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/semiforum.cgi?read=113575" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So, no one really knows what this is about in the very least, and folks are now confused about it, thanks to the wonderful efforts of the "free press" to stay on top of things, getting that "scoop"... :mad5

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
mdoan300 wrote:The media messed it up as usual...

So, no one really knows what this is about in the very least, and folks are now confused about it, thanks to the wonderful efforts of the "free press" to stay on top of things, getting that "scoop"... :mad5
Funny how the press can say something wrong, and is protected by freedom of speach. Yet, I say something and its slander.

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

If unsealed documents come up on PACER we should be able to see what was going on.
NRA Member

PUCKER
Posts in topic: 4

Post by PUCKER »

Two follow-up articles on the subject...

"Man Pleads Guilty After Feds Find Stolen Weapons, 405,000 Rounds of Ammo, Lewisville man admits possessing stolen military weapons"
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Lewisv ... 29012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Lewisville Arsenal Seized; Man Pleads Guilty in Gun Trafficking Case"
http://lewisvilletexan.com/xoops/module ... oryid=3048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

:cryin :cryin 405,000 rounds of ammo back to the feds. Oh man!!!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Stolen Feds' Property: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The judge will throw the book from cover to cover on this offender. Long days and night ahead in the lovely iron-door hotel.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Heartland Patriot

PUCKER wrote:Two follow-up articles on the subject...

"Man Pleads Guilty After Feds Find Stolen Weapons, 405,000 Rounds of Ammo, Lewisville man admits possessing stolen military weapons"
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Lewisv ... 29012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Lewisville Arsenal Seized; Man Pleads Guilty in Gun Trafficking Case"
http://lewisvilletexan.com/xoops/module ... oryid=3048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Lewisville Texan article at least gave a good breakdown of the stuff the man was busted for...I'd think the stolen SAW barrels were enough, though. He wasn't simply a collector or prepper getting busted, or someone who bought a weapon he didn't realize was stolen. This guy was actually a crook going by the info provided.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Sometimes a sealed warrant means somebody snitched and they don't want an identity revealed as there is an ongoing investigation.

Heartland Patriot

texanjoker wrote:
Sometimes a sealed warrant means somebody snitched and they don't want an identity revealed as there is an ongoing investigation.
Yeah, I understand that LEOs wouldn't have as many good "busts" if people didn't snitch on each other...but that sealed warrant stuff is EXACTLY the kind of thing that ticks people off. Its not that any of us have a problem with ACTUAL CROOKS like this man getting arrested for stealing government property. But if the BATFE had a pretty good idea the guy had a bunch of stolen machine-gun barrels, then they should have just busted him for the barrels instead of playing all this cloak-and-dagger behind the scenes stuff. If the system is so twisted they feel they HAVE TO play these sorts of "games" to "win", well they need to take a good long look at how it got that way in the first place...mostly because of people of the same political persuasion as they are working for right now.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”