application - frustrating !

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Whisky
Posts in topic: 2

application - frustrating !

Post by Whisky »

my Wife and I have started the Tx CHL process and I'm finding it to be a nasty ordeal.

did the on-line thing (and paid the $s) and today we attempted (on line 'cause nobody available to do it over the phone) to get an "appointment" for finger printing. had questions about that and found that 1) nobody there to talk with 2) left message with question and NO call-back 3) called the DPS number, as suggested on the site, everybody there is busy - "please call back at another time"

we've got something that gives our requested appointment times but not sure if our paperwork is in order - guess we'll find out when we show up on the 16th..... :banghead:

jayinsat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: application - frustrating !

Post by jayinsat »

Don't worry. They will get it all strait at the appt. relax and enjoy he process. :leaving

Seriously, thank you for becoming a responsibly armed citizen.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Congrats on taking the necessary steps to become a more responsible member of society! And welcome to TexasCHLForum.com!

If I recall correctly, you cannot get to the point in the process of scheduling your finger prints unless you have correctly submitted your application to DPS. You should have received an email from the DPS when you filed your application. That email will have your checklist and your application number (I can't remember what they actually called it, but it equates). That number is what the fingerprint company will use to match your prints with the application. If the DPS website frequently asked questions don't have specifically what you're looking for, you'll probably have to play with the DPS's or L-1's phone tree. But be patient as the number of applications has gone through the roof lately.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AEA »

You will get a letter in the Mail too......within one or two days!

MUCH quicker than you get your CHL (when they mail it). :roll:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Topic author
Whisky

Post by Whisky »

Wife and I both did the DPS on-line application - including paying the fee - got the page that says "print this", did that

but then, when making the finger print appts, there was a "number" that was on the appointment application that didn't compare to anything on the DPS "print this" page

we have gotten the appts so we'll see on the 16th if all, to that point, is "ok"

just sayin' - typical bureaucratic jumble puzzle !

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

You should be good to go. Just remember to print out everything that you're directed to & bring it with you to the appointment.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”