Former Texas official arrested in probe of prosecutors' slay

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
JALLEN
Posts in topic: 8

Former Texas official arrested in probe of prosecutors' slay

Post by JALLEN »

KAUFMAN, Texas (Reuters) - A former justice of the peace in Kaufman County, Texas, whose home was searched as part of the probe into the killings of the local district attorney, his wife and a prosecutor, has been arrested on suspicion of threatening violence, officials said on Saturday.

Eric L. Williams, 46, was arrested on Friday on charges of making a "terroristic" threat, which generally involves a threat to commit violence, according to the Kaufman County jail website. Kaufman County is just east of the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
http://news.yahoo.com/bigger-reward-sou ... 59211.html
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
JALLEN

Re: Former Texas official arrested in probe of prosecutors'

Post by JALLEN »

A former justice of the peace is reportedly set to be charged with three murders, including a former Texas district attorney and assistant DA, after he was arrested on Saturday.

Eric Williams, 46, has been arrested by authorities investigating the murders of District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, last month - and the fatal shooting of ADA Mark Hasse in late January.

Williams was booked into Kaufman County Jail early Saturday morning for making terroristic threats and 'insufficient bond.' He is being held on a $3million bond.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... stant.html
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I'm surprised this story hasn't attracted more comment here.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith B »

He has not been charged with the murders, but is being held on charges of making terroristic threats. This JP was fired for stealing county office equipment (computers) and the the murdered individuals prosecuted him. I think they believe there may be a connection, but they haven't been able to link it yet.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

JALLEN wrote:I'm surprised this story hasn't attracted more comment here.
We're withholding judgment until we have more details.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This just in, they have now arrested the ex-JP's wife and charged her with capital murder http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/22000165/ ... kaufman-jp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

This case is a real head scratcher. It will be interesting to see what details come out regarding the evidence they have pointing to this woman being the killer. If it's true, all the earlier speculation was completely off base. And it seems such a petty reason for killing someone like that.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

extremist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by extremist »

Man they sure have buried that story now that it doesn't have the "Aryan Nation" angle to it.
TX LTC Instructor, NRA Endowment Life Member, USPSA CRO
NRA Handgun/Rifle/Shotgun/Home Firearm Safety, Chief Range Safety Officer

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

extremist wrote:Man they sure have buried that story now that it doesn't have the "Aryan Nation" angle to it.
There was earlier info that members of the Aryan Brotherhood had actually been talking to law enforcment and the focus was off of them.
Keith

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

The wife of the accused ex- judge of the peace, was arrested on Capital Murder charge!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Beiruty wrote:The wife of the accused ex- judge of the peace, was arrested on Capital Murder charge!
Yep. says so above with a link.
Keith

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

I was just reading the news on that..interesting.

Topic author
JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

"Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't."
-- Mark Twain

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

You know what they say about a woman scorned and their fury. Retaliation is a real common tactic by family members. I was in a jury selection for a retaliation case where a young man threatened and actually went after a deputy sheriff and his family for arresting his brother.
Keith

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

They now have a confession from the wife that they committed the murder of all three individuals and that the husband was the one that pulled the trigger. All over being fired for stealing computer monitors. :mad5
Keith

Return to “The Crime Blotter”