Shots Fired at Bush Intercontinental

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Shots Fired at Bush Intercontinental

Post by Keith B »

http://www.inquisitr.com/645710/houston ... -breaking/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apprently this was a suicide
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
Keith B

Re: Shots Fired at Bush Intercontinental

Post by Keith B »

http://fox4kc.com/2013/05/02/shots-fire ... n-houston/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This update is confusing. First says the guy fired two shots in the air, then shot himself. Next paragraph says an air marshal fired at him but missed and THEN he pulled out the gun and shot himself. Me thinks the air marshal probably shot at him after the first 2 shots, then the guy shot himself. Sounds like the air marshal needs more practice too.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

All of this begs the question. If you're going to commit suicide, why go to the airport and get in the security line and then shoot yourself? I suspect there's more to this story that will come out later.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

xb12s

Post by xb12s »

As usual, lots of conflicting, confusing or missing information in the beginning. Seems like bad timing and bad press with the NRA coming to town.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Sounds like the air marshal needs more practice too.
Careful Keith, you may get accused of picking on LEOS. :biggrinjester:

Interesting timing of this incident.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

JeffT72

Post by JeffT72 »

Good to hear that no others were involved or hurt at least according to the current reports.

Dan20703

Post by Dan20703 »

One report says it was an AR-15. It was that evil gun that caused this. :roll:

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston-ne ... -11250550/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How did it not get noticed before he reached the security area?
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

mojo84 wrote:

I'm sure everyone here could draw from concealment and hit a man sized target amidst the chaos of an active shooter in a busy airport terminal. This guy clearly sucks. :clapping:
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

gigag04 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

I'm sure everyone here could draw from concealment and hit a man sized target amidst the chaos of an active shooter in a busy airport terminal. This guy clearly sucks. :clapping:
No. He may be an excellent shot. I said nothing about his shooting ability or anyone here being able to do better. But thanks for proving my point and living up to my expectations.
Last edited by mojo84 on Thu May 02, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

DocV

Post by DocV »

Dan20703 wrote:One report says it was an AR-15. It was that evil gun that caused this. :roll:

http://www.ktrh.com/articles/houston-ne ... -11250550/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:headscratch Pulled out an AR-15 :headscratch :headscratch

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Being that this was Texas, which has a long standing successful CHL program, and since the election of the new President Cruz, who had recently ended security screenings, many passengers in the terminal quickly drew their concealed carry weapons at the sound of the gunfire and ended the man's attempted mass murder before it started.

Thank goodness there was a prepared sky marshal in the area. Well done.

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Dan20703 wrote:One report says it was an AR-15. It was that evil gun that caused this. :roll:

They must have updated the article. Nothing mentioned about an AR-15 now.
Keith

Bennies

Post by Bennies »

All flights to terminal B ground stopped. Update from airtraffic control @ 16:00. I wonder if there is more to the story bc this seems like a bit of an over reaction. Hopefully we will be headed to IAH soon.
GOA member
NRA member
TSRA member
Glock 23 w/Crossbreed Supertuck

Topic author
Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The link in my second post at the top now says he had two guns, a military style weapon and another gun. Apparently shot into the air with the rifle, then when marshals started shooting at him he pulled another (assumed to be a pistol) and shot himself.
Keith

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Keith B wrote:The link in my second post at the top now says he had two guns, a military style weapon and another gun. Apparently shot into the air with the rifle, then when marshals started shooting at him he pulled another (assumed to be a pistol) and shot himself.
Could be a case of an active shooter in the making and then he woosed out when he realized there was somebody there to stop him...I can see TSA wanting guns now.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”