Texas CHL stats that prove CHL Holders are menaces.

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TREKFAN
Posts in topic: 6

Texas CHL stats that prove CHL Holders are menaces.

Post by TREKFAN »

Just kidding, about the menacing part that is. :tiphat:

I went ahead and went onto the Texas DPS website and looked up, added, and divided the total amount of convictions committed by general public versus CHL holders. This went back as far as 1996, and ranges to 2011. DPS waits two years to release stats.

Total amount of convictions (population size) from 1996-2011 = 852,270
Total amount of convictions from CHL holders from 1996-2011 = 1,972. !!!!!!

When dividing CHL by general, 1,972/852,270, we see that since 1996, CHL holders accounted for only .23% !!!!!!! :smash: :txflag:

Now tell me how there will be blood in every classroom if I'm legally protected from carrying on campus. I mean, we are all crazy, redneck, bible thumpers who don't know pink slime meat from a t-bone but its just my silly observation. I'm darn proud to be a Texas CHL holder with these stats, you know why? BECAUSE THE GUN-GRABBERS CAN'T REFUTE STATISTICAL, UNALTERED DATA!! :rules:

Thank you for your time. I wish our leaders were as wise as some on this forum. :patriot: :tiphat:

Edit. ** I changed the word "crime" to "convictions" since that's what is listed on the stats per DPS.
Last edited by TREKFAN on Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

bizarrenormality

Re: Texas CHL stats that prove CHL Holders are menaces.

Post by bizarrenormality »

calmglock.jpg

Topic author
TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

bizarrenormality wrote:
calmglock.jpg

Lol!! Chivers are here too. This is great. :fire

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by steveincowtown »

KCCO

FLBP refers to holster position on this forum though! :cool:
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

Not to say I don't like our topic but it took a whole 20 minutes worth of effort to get that stat and no one even cares
< =(

Jkjk

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

TREKFAN wrote:Not to say I don't like our topic but it took a whole 20 minutes worth of effort to get that stat and no one even cares
< =(

Jkjk
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

sjfcontrol wrote:
TREKFAN wrote:Not to say I don't like our topic but it took a whole 20 minutes worth of effort to get that stat and no one even cares
< =(

Jkjk

Lol and here I was thinking I was doing everyone a service. Chas, you beat me again. :tiphat:

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

< =(

Jkjk
It was already known by the vast majority here. However, those facts are indeed indisputable.
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

JKTex
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JKTex »

TREKFAN wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
< =(

Jkjk

Lol and here I was thinking I was doing everyone a service. Chas, you beat me again. :tiphat:
Yep, by 5 years. :txflag:

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

TREKFAN wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
< =(

Jkjk

After I joined there forum there was a 10 month gap between my 3rd post and my 4th post. I spent that 10 months reading every post on the forum. I encourage everyone to do the same. You will be amazed at all the things you will learn.
And you won't spend time reinventing the wheel either. :mrgreen:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

SlickTX

Post by SlickTX »

Its true that gun grabbers can't refute clear data, but they can (and do) ignore such data. They have a 'feeling' that those bad looking guns are just bad as a general proposition, that you don't need that many guns for hunting, that you don't need that many rounds for hunting or target practice, that we will all be closer to a wonderful Utopian society if the gun nuts would just realize they are wrong and give up those naughty guns and join the rest of the world in its search for Nirvana. Can't we all just sit down and talk over an extremely expensive cup of coffee and work out all our differences? Can't we use your money to make the lives of others better (of course 'we' get to decide how much and what to spend it on because we are more intelligent and caring than you and that is where our legitimacy springs from).
[Insert pithy witicism here]

Proudly carrying since 09/10.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

TREKFAN wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
< =(

Jkjk

Not directed at you TREKFAN, but everyone in general. This forum has been around for a while and there's a good chance that whatever question someone would like to ask has already been asked and answered. That rings true for just about anything I've been curious about. The only time that is usually not true is when it comes to new legislation.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

C-dub wrote:
TREKFAN wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
< =(

Jkjk

Not directed at you TREKFAN, but everyone in general. This forum has been around for a while and there's a good chance that whatever question someone would like to ask has already been asked and answered. That rings true for just about anything I've been curious about. The only time that is usually not true is when it comes to new legislation.
Would you OC if they passed the law?

:biggrinjester:

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Purplehood »

TREKFAN wrote:Just kidding, about the menacing part that is. :tiphat:

I went ahead and went onto the Texas DPS website and looked up, added, and divided the total amount of convictions committed by general public versus CHL holders. This went back as far as 1996, and ranges to 2011. DPS waits two years to release stats.

Total amount of convictions (population size) from 1996-2011 = 852,270
Total amount of convictions from CHL holders from 1996-2011 = 1,972. !!!!!!

When dividing CHL by general, 1,972/852,270, we see that since 1996, CHL holders accounted for only .0023% !!!!!!! :smash: :txflag:

Now tell me how there will be blood in every classroom if I'm legally protected from carrying on campus. I mean, we are all crazy, redneck, bible thumpers who don't know pink slime meat from a t-bone but its just my silly observation. I'm darn proud to be a Texas CHL holder with these stats, you know why? BECAUSE THE GUN-GRABBERS CAN'T REFUTE STATISTICAL, UNALTERED DATA!! :rules:

Thank you for your time. I wish our leaders were as wise as some on this forum. :patriot: :tiphat:

Edit. ** I changed the word "crime" to "convictions" since that's what is listed on the stats per DPS.
Just to be a fly-in-the-ointment, what figure do you get if you divide the total number of CHL convictions by the total number of CHL holders?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Topic author
TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

First off, thanks everyone for the polite "we already knew that, stop and research before posting". This is why this is my favorite forum, people are polite and courteous and have everyone's best interest at heart.
Second, I will have to get the latest numbers and run them. Will do so tonight and post them in regards to chl population versus chl convictions and what the overall percentage is.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”