FBI gets DL database.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TXCO
Posts in topic: 1

FBI gets DL database.

Post by TXCO »

http://www.wnd.com/2013/06/smile-fbi-sc ... se-images/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Does this mean they also have CHL info? Hopefully, as stated, they only have photo info.
TSRA Life member
NRA Life member
CPO-Retired

flechero

Re: FBI gets DL database.

Post by flechero »

In memorandums obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, the FBI is authorized to search state databases, which include images and personal information.
As I read your post I thought it would be too labor intensive to remove the info and just share photos.... besides, the photos are probably of little value without the accompanying names, etc.

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

From the article
“The information involved … may identify U.S. persons, whose information is protected by the Privacy Act of 1974,” it noted. “The FBI will ensure that all such information will be handled lawfully pursuant to the provisions thereof.
"rlol" "rlol" :smilelol5: "rlol" "rlol" :rolll "rlol" "rlol"
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

android

Post by android »

I used to laugh and make fun of conspiracy theory people, but I've changed my ways and now I'm hoarding tin foil.

CoffeeNut

Post by CoffeeNut »

android wrote:I used to laugh and make fun of conspiracy theory people, but I've changed my ways and now I'm hoarding tin foil.
Hear, hear!
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

“The information involved … may identify U.S. persons, whose information is protected by the Privacy Act of 1974,” it noted. “The FBI will ensure that all such information will be handled lawfully pursuant to the provisions thereof.”
Boy, am I glad my water-resistant keyboard finally arrived.
Byron Dickens

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

We're from the FBI. You can trust us.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

mojo84 wrote:We're from the FBI. You can trust us.
My name is Eric Holder. I never do anything wrong.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

baldeagle wrote:My name is Eric Holder. I never do anything wrong.
And if you think I did something wrong, don't worry, I will have my Justice Department investigate me
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

flechero wrote:
In memorandums obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by the Electronic Privacy Information Center, the FBI is authorized to search state databases, which include images and personal information.
As I read your post I thought it would be too labor intensive to remove the info and just share photos.... besides, the photos are probably of little value without the accompanying names, etc.
From the article:
These potential matches (candidates) will be forwarded to the FBI, along with any associated information stored with the photo.

dinolord

Post by dinolord »

gthaustex wrote:
flechero wrote:
From the article:
These potential matches (candidates) will be forwarded to the FBI, along with any associated information stored with the photo.
so they know exactly who we are, where are, and what we look like...

...along with probably whether or not we like the 2nd amendment...great.

screaminz2002

Post by screaminz2002 »

You didn't think the department of Homeland Security was getting dressed up for nothing did you?

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Facial recognition software will soon be part of security systems in lots of places we come and go. Between that, traffic cameras, drones with ultra HD imaging, the surveillance of our electronic communications, use of credit cards, and whatever else the gov has up it's sleeve, none of us will enjoy a shred of privacy. Not for what we think, not for what we own. The gov does not need gun registration. It is putting together a system that is far better. Tin foil hat? Nope, just reading the current news.
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

android wrote:I used to laugh and make fun of conspiracy theory people, but I've changed my ways and now I'm hoarding tin foil.
I have been chastend many time over "Conspiracy Theorys" "Black Helicopters" by several in my church & here to. The CTs are now headlines & the Choppers are flying over Miami, Houton, & Beaumont.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”