One in the pipe - do you do it?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

hawk44
Posts in topic: 1

Re: One in the pipe - do you do it?

Post by hawk44 »

Always have one in the chamber and safeties on. I will give a new gun quite a work out before I'll carry it and, if it doesn't work every time it's not staying for long.I'm sure not going to trust it with my life.

JMPJr

Post by JMPJr »

I always keep one in the chamber. I don't carry anything with an external safety. I sometimes carry a revolver... What's the terminology there, all the chambers are loaded? =)

AEA
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AEA »

JMPJr wrote:I always keep one in the chamber. I don't carry anything with an external safety. I sometimes carry a revolver... What's the terminology there, all the chambers are loaded? =)
There's still only one "Pipe". And "modern" revolvers no longer present a possible problem with AD by firing pin located on hammer. So, no need to carry with an empty chamber lined up with the "pipe".
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

This topic came up the other day while we were visiting family. My brother in law is home for a few days before deploying to Afghanistan ( US Army). He asked why we felt the need to carry one in the pipe as they are taught not to. Took me by surprise that our soldiers in a combat zone are being taught to not carry one at the ready!
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Dirthawking wrote:This topic came up the other day while we were visiting family. My brother in law is home for a few days before deploying to Afghanistan ( US Army). He asked why we felt the need to carry one in the pipe as they are taught not to. Took me by surprise that our soldiers in a combat zone are being taught to not carry one at the ready!
That's horrific! :mad5
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cb1000rider »

TexasCajun wrote: That's horrific! :mad5
It might just be common sense statistically... Ref: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-age ... e-injuries" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm curious for those on active duty in combat zones: Do the rules change when you go off base on patrol/etc?

3dfxMM

Post by 3dfxMM »

Dirthawking wrote:This topic came up the other day while we were visiting family. My brother in law is home for a few days before deploying to Afghanistan ( US Army). He asked why we felt the need to carry one in the pipe as they are taught not to. Took me by surprise that our soldiers in a combat zone are being taught to not carry one at the ready!
Not all Soldiers are taught that. My son and the rest of his team always carried with one in the pipe, decocked, and safety off.

Capt Jeff

Post by Capt Jeff »

At the risk of sounding like a bandwagon jumper here, one in the pipe, always. My EDC is a Kahr CW9, so the extra bullet is welcome (an extra 14.2%). Never have had a second thought about carrying this way.
NRA Life (Patronage) Member

US Merchant Marine - The Fourth Arm of Defense

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

when I carried my 1911, it was in condition 1 ALWAYS.

now that I've switched to the XDs, its full of 230 hollow points with a spare mag full of FMJ and one hollow point I the chamber... ALWAYS.

carrying without a round chambered is like trying to drive a car with no motor.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

If one ain't in the pipe and it ain't ready to press the trigger (safeties considered of course) then you are not carrying prepared for self defense. What are you carrying it for? Since OC ain't legal in Texas it can't be looks.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

txglock21

Post by txglock21 »

Times must have changed. I carried a M-16 or 9mm sidearm in the Air Force almost everyday for 4 years with one in the pipe on both. Granted this was over 23 years ago and in peacetime. It seems like in a hostal envirionment this would be even more important to be ready to fire if needed. Praying for all soldiers safety. :patriot:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

Live Free

Post by Live Free »

absolutely.

Dirthawking

Post by Dirthawking »

By the way.......why is this in the "Never Again" forum?
Some people simply need a high five, to the face, with a chair!

Xian55

Post by Xian55 »

I started with Condition 3.

Quickly adopted Condition 2 with mag -1.

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Dirthawking wrote:By the way.......why is this in the "Never Again" forum?
Because those who don't carry with one in the pipe should realize the error of their ways from this discussion and "never again" carry an unloaded gun. :biggrinjester:
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

Return to “Never Again!!”