Video from Patrick Requesting Campus Carry

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 2

Video from Patrick Requesting Campus Carry

Post by JJVP »

Dan Patrick is requesting that Perry adds Campus Carry among other bills to the 3rd special session. "Let's not wait for 2015, let's pass it now". Hope he means it. :smash:

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

ALCSTUDIOS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Video from Patrick Requesting Campus Carry

Post by ALCSTUDIOS »

I hope he does mean it, I'm not ready to give up yet.
NRA,GOA,TFC TSRA & SAF member

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

I think the transportation bill passed the house...if the senate can get it taken care of timely, we have a chance at carry bills maybe?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

JCole

Post by JCole »

The special session is over.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

after 7 days?
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Topic author
JJVP

Post by JJVP »

RogueUSMC wrote:after 7 days?

Yes, apparently so. Like I have said before, Perry will never get my vote again, no matter what he runs for. :mad5
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- The Texas Legislature ended its third special session Monday after passing a bill and a proposed constitutional amendment that would boost spending for roads and bridge.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-leg ... 28498.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

JJVP wrote: Like I have said before, Perry will never get my vote again, no matter what he runs for. :mad5 l
I agree. Neither will Patrick, Carona or Straus.

I have also taken the extra step to warn every pro gun person I know in other states how little Perry is willing to do to help pro gun laws get to his desk. The ones in early primary states especially deserve to know he's all talk and no action when it comes to gun rights.

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

Perry would like to be President - everything else is secondary to that " like".

He knows he doesn't have a chance in 2016 .....but he can serve as a schill for the establishment GOP to lessen the chances of someone " dangerous" like Rand Paul, or Ted Cruz getting the nomination. I'm ready to jump ship to the Libertarian Party if the GOP serves up another candidate like the last 5.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

bayouhazard wrote:
JJVP wrote: Like I have said before, Perry will never get my vote again, no matter what he runs for. :mad5 l
I agree. Neither will Patrick, Carona or Straus.

I have also taken the extra step to warn every pro gun person I know in other states how little Perry is willing to do to help pro gun laws get to his desk. The ones in early primary states especially deserve to know he's all talk and no action when it comes to gun rights.

I understand and agree with Straus and will do what I can to make sure he isn't re-elected as his district is right next to mine, but why would you be upset with Patrick? he's proposed pro-gun leg every chance he's had, not only that he's fought for it, loudly!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

JCole wrote:The special session is over.
It's just as well. Patrick probably would have changed the campus carry bill at the last minute so it only applied to elected officials. :roll:

Pyron27

Post by Pyron27 »

Campus carry is important to me, even though I'm new to this and am still waiting on my CHL (few days more, hopefully). I am going to school as a non-traditional student that has over 11 years in the Army and I really don't feel comfortable leaving my pistol in my vehicle while I am in class. Additionally, what affects me day to day is having to unholster it and store it every time I park on campus, which to me is an unnecessary stress. I DO NOT like giving up POSITIVE control of my weapon and I do not want to be defenseless while travelling to and from school.

booze97

Post by booze97 »

SewTexas wrote:I understand and agree with Straus and will do what I can to make sure he isn't re-elected as his district is right next to mine, but why would you be upset with Patrick? he's proposed pro-gun leg every chance he's had, not only that he's fought for it, loudly!
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=68117. Patrick had a big part in killing HB508.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

from what I read it was Patrick and Corona both, but without Perry and Strauss it wasn't going to happen anyway, not enough to wreck a man in my book, sorry. He's pro-gun and pro-life, and he has a record....1) you'd have to find someone willing to run against him, good luck on that, 2) that person would have to win, I doubt that would happen 3) then you would have an unknown in the position with no record

Put that energy to work down here trying to get Strauss out, PLEASE!!!! let's get the ones out that need getting out. If someone made a mistake, let them know, but meanwhile, there are much more important battles to fight.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

paperchunker

Post by paperchunker »

SewTexas wrote:from what I read it was Patrick and Corona both, but without Perry and Strauss it wasn't going to happen anyway, not enough to wreck a man in my book, sorry. He's pro-gun and pro-life, and he has a record....1) you'd have to find someone willing to run against him, good luck on that, 2) that person would have to win, I doubt that would happen 3) then you would have an unknown in the position with no record

Put that energy to work down here trying to get Strauss out, PLEASE!!!! let's get the ones out that need getting out. If someone made a mistake, let them know, but meanwhile, there are much more important battles to fight.
Patrick is running for Lt. Governor. He may be OK, but Jerry Patterson is a better first choice.
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

SewTexas wrote:from what I read it was Patrick and Corona both, but without Perry and Strauss it wasn't going to happen anyway, not enough to wreck a man in my book, sorry.
I'm not going to forgive somebody who shoots at me, even if they miss. :nono: Not sorry.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”