Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Post by Maxwell »

SC1903A3 wrote:Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. This is just another case of the "all about me" syndrome.
:iagree:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

VMI77 wrote:Some people don't get all freaked out by people with rifles slung over their backs.....and they live in a more gun controlled country than we do. The freak outs are a gun grabber's dream. No freaking out evident in these photos --just sayin'.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Don't let the libs denormalize gun possession.
Unless I am mistaken I only see loaded weapons, i.e. magazines in them, in the first picture. All of the others look like they are missing mags. :confused5

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

JJVP wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
JJVP wrote:. . .Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
Everyone who does not agree with your opinion or open carry are not "idiots."
So you wouldn't mind if TX made CC illegal, no more CHL, just because some people did not like guns or agreed with your opinion about CC, right?

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth! JJ, you're almost as bad as the anti's jumping tracks to irrational conclusions based on little to no facts! Rhetorical question: How in the world did you get from "(we) are not idiots" to banning CHLs?!?!?

:headscratch

Topic author
JJVP
Posts in topic: 6

Post by JJVP »

Maxwell wrote:
JJVP wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
JJVP wrote:. . .Why be afraid of doing legal things just because some idiots don't like it.
Everyone who does not agree with your opinion or open carry are not "idiots."
So you wouldn't mind if TX made CC illegal, no more CHL, just because some people did not like guns or agreed with your opinion about CC, right?

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth! JJ, you're almost as bad as the anti's jumping tracks to irrational conclusions based on little to no facts! Rhetorical question: How in the world did you get from "(we) are not idiots" to banning CHLs?!?!?

:headscratch
IMO it is those who complain about those who open carry who are as bad as the anti's. They use the same arguments. "We don't like open carry, therefore those who do are nothing but "In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad". Please tell how is that any different from the anti's complaints. "We don't like guns, therefore we believe that no one should be carrying a gun in public".

Every time someone is video taped open carrying I hear the same comments from a lot of so called "gun rights" people. They are labeled as " self aggrandizing idiots" , "drama queens wanting attention", "they make the rest of us look bad", "they are doing it to get a reaction". How about they are exercising their 2A right.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CoffeeNut »

Maxwell wrote:
VMI77 wrote:Some people don't get all freaked out by people with rifles slung over their backs.....and they live in a more gun controlled country than we do. The freak outs are a gun grabber's dream. No freaking out evident in these photos --just sayin'.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Unless I am mistaken I only see loaded weapons, i.e. magazines in them, in the first picture. All of the others look like they are missing mags. :confused5
It's Israel in those pictures and they have a mag carrier that goes in the magazine well and keeps a loaded magazine at the ready on the side of the rifle. The lady guarding the kids with the M1 Carbine likely has her magazine elsewhere. Also all of the pictures of the people with the M4 are military personnel as they're required to have their rifles with them so it's not really a fair example when compared to the general American public.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

CoffeeNut wrote:Frankly if I were Walmart and I saw someone wandering around with a firearm and a buddy in tow with a camera I'd ask them to leave the property as well. It's pretty clear that people like this want nothing more than attention and YouTube views. If they wanted to encourage a different store policy they'd arrange a sit down with the manager and discuss the law and even bring handouts for him like most people do when pushing a cause or they'd get permission to stand out front of the store like the Salvation Army, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and veterans groups do.

On a positive note I OC'd in New Mexico and no one cared or asked me to leave. The people at IHOP were just as friendly as ever, then again I didn't strap an AR-15 to my back nor was I being videotaped the entire time I had my coffee and pancakes.
Agreed on all points.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

VMI77 wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Texsquatch wrote:
Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:

Dude is a drama queen wanting attention "rlol" . If I ever feel it is that dangerous that I need my rifle to go to Walmart then I am not going. He should be glad the employees were not freaking out. Instead they approached him like men and asked him to leave. Most would simply call 911 about a MWAG, who is wearing a hat and keeping his sunglasses on inside the store. He may have then gone to jail for having that weapon in the walmart (see Keith's post)

I also wonder what condition the rifle was in.
Have you gone liberal on us? That's the exact same thing the libs say about concealed carry: why do you need a gun to go to Walmart? One obvious reason I can think of is that he was headed somewhere to hunt or shoot and he didn't want to leave it in the car where it might get stolen.
Yup - even put a NObama sticker on my truck ... "rlol" I think his one reason is to be an instigator and that was why he had the camera going and wore his sun glasses....There is nothing wrong with a concealed hand gun. It doesn't freak people out. In reality one could walk up to this person and easily disarm him from behind... The question I ask myself when I read these threads and see support for these guys, have the supporters also gone to walmart or whataburger with their ar15?

I noted in those what appeared to be IDF Israel photos that for the most part the rifles didn't have magazines in them.

On the post about IF Texas ever passed open carry. We'll worry about that "what if" when the time comes. IMO videos like this WILL cause politicians to not vote for open carry.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 7

Post by VMI77 »

texanjoker wrote:I noted in those what appeared to be IDF Israel photos that for the most part the rifles didn't have magazines in them.

Yep, Israel, and what difference does it make if they're IDF? They're not in uniform and they're carrying rifles in public places....and yes, the mags aren't in the gun, but they have loaded mags with them...in some cases as described above, in special mag carriers that keep them at the ready. Furthermore, since they're in civies, there is nothing to stop a criminal or nut case from carrying the same way, as I doubt the police are stopping every person with a rifle and asking for ID everywhere they go. Israel has stricter gun than we do, and people aren't freaking out, because they're used to seeing people carrying weapons.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

CoffeeNut wrote:
Maxwell wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Well, it's not an exact example, but the point is simply that people aren't freaking out seeing guns in public. Yes, they're assumed to be IDF, but they're in civies, so it would be very easy for someone to carry that way who isn't IDF. So, anyone with a rifle COULD be a potential criminal or nut case. People are used to seeing weapons openly displayed so they're not freaking out. Here, even though we have fewer restrictions than Israel, people aren't used to seeing guns in public, and freak out. A good number even freak out seeing cops with guns.

It's Israel in those pictures and they have a mag carrier that goes in the magazine well and keeps a loaded magazine at the ready on the side of the rifle. The lady guarding the kids with the M1 Carbine likely has her magazine elsewhere. Also all of the pictures of the people with the M4 are military personnel as they're required to have their rifles with them so it's not really a fair example when compared to the general American public.
Last edited by VMI77 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

Robert*PPS wrote:I understand what Texanjoker is saying in that there is nothing really practical about this. In this case, the carrying of a rifle in Walmart is being done specifically for the reaction. I guess the danger of that is people vote for law changes that prohibit open carry of long guns when it is practical and useful. Of course other side of that coin is, if we don't exercise the right, we may lose it altogether.

I'm still stuck, high-centered, on this fence about this type of expression.

I agree, and I'm not advocating doing what this guy did, just challenging the logic of "you don't need a gun in Walmart." I wouldn't carry a rifle into Walmart precisely because I know people would freak out. OTOH, if I was on my way to shoot somewhere, and was stopping off at Walmart for ammo or some other supplies, I'd prefer to be able to carry my rifle with me rather than leave it in the car and risk it being stolen. People didn't freak out about stuff like this when I was a kid, so something has clearly been lost.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

VMI77 wrote:
texanjoker wrote:I noted in those what appeared to be IDF Israel photos that for the most part the rifles didn't have magazines in them.

Yep, Israel, and what difference does it make if they're IDF? They're not in uniform and they're carrying rifles in public places....and yes, the mags aren't in the gun, but they have loaded mags with them...in some cases as described above, in special mag carriers that keep them at the ready. Furthermore, since they're in civies, there is nothing to stop a criminal or nut case from carrying the same way, as I doubt the police are stopping every person with a rifle and asking for ID everywhere they go. Israel has stricter gun than we do, and people aren't freaking out, because they're used to seeing people carrying weapons.

I only knew they were IDF because of the fact they were chicks with AR's... :smilelol5: It is also common knowledge in Israel that off duty soldiers carry their rifles.

I have to ask since you are a definite supporter of these open carry guys. Do you open carry a rifle?

A LOT has been lost since we were kids. Life was good before the internet and cell phones... These guys wouldn't have an audience w/o the net......

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

Open carry antis and Long Rifle Open carry antis are really hypocrites. Often Police would deploy with full auto rifles all the time, Cops carry sidearms all the time. Why the Antis do not freak out when they see a police officer at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? When deployed with full auto rifles, why the liberals do not start crying out of fear and call the police in? wait a sec, the police are already deployed. :banghead: :banghead:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

texanjoker wrote:
VMI77 wrote:

I only knew they were IDF because of the fact they were chicks with AR's... :smilelol5: It is also common knowledge in Israel that off duty soldiers carry their rifles.

I have to ask since you are a definite supporter of these open carry guys. Do you open carry a rifle?
I agree that people who do this and video it have an agenda. I'm not a supporter of "these guys" and I haven't open carried a rifle since I was a teenager. Back then people didn't freak out. I sure wouldn't do it now because people would freak out. I'm not really interested in provoking a police response and trying to make some kind of political argument with the responding officers, as even if it wasn't potentially dangerous, it would be pointless, since the police don't write the law. I'd like to have the option though, so, for instance, if I needed to stop off on my way to go shooting, I wouldn't have to leave my rifle in the car. I really have mixed feelings about open carry. I'm not going to open carry a handgun if open carry passes here because I think it sacrifices tactical advantage. OTOH, the fact that people freak out is a product of the fact that they're not used to seeing people carrying guns in public, and if it was normal, people wouldn't be freaking out. My mixed feelings come from the fact that I think normalizing the open possession of guns would be good for gun owners, but I don't know how we get from where we are now back to the atmosphere of the 50's and 60's where you frequently saw people --even kids-- carrying around rifles and shotguns.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Beiruty wrote:Open carry antis and Long Rifle Open carry antis are really hypocrites. Often Police would deploy with full auto rifles all the time, Cops carry sidearms all the time. Why the Antis do not freak out when they see a police officer at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts? When deployed with full auto rifles, why the liberals do not start crying out of fear and call the police in? wait a sec, the police are already deployed. :banghead: :banghead:
It's the uniform.

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

Finally a well dressed Wal-Mart shopper
walmart shopper.jpg
Just a housewife out shopping in Alaska .
No permit required in Alaska for either open
(must be 18) carry or concealed (must be 21) carry.
CHECK THEIR CRIME RATE, LOWEST IN OUR NATION?
Why would that be??
NOT one school shooting either.
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Return to “Off-Topic”