Who has been disarmed?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Texsquatch
Posts in topic: 1

Who has been disarmed?

Post by Texsquatch »

I received my license yesterday and met some family at a burger joint, then actually went to Wallyworld for my first extended walk in public while carrying (this was not by design, we needed some last minute items). I must admit, it was a little odd at first, and I caught myself figiting with my shirt and being a little self conscious in general.

Anyway, after reading a bunch of posts over the last week, I began to wonder how many CHL'rs have been disarmed. I've read mostly positive LEO encounters, but I'm sure there are those out their who may have a different tale.

Anyone willing to share? How did the LEO proceed? Where you frisked? Did they search your vehicle? Did you handle the gun? I think your comments would be educational and entertaining.

Warhorse545

Re: Who has been disarmed?

Post by Warhorse545 »

I am lazy and do not want to retype it all. You can my statement in 2004 about getting disarmed.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To quote myself at the time :) I love cut and paste

Been stopped by DPS, RRPD and APD. All were courteous and DPS were the only ones that felt a need to disarm me. Got some funny look standing by the road with my hands on my head with DPS Trooper taking a pistol off me. Placed my pistol on the bumper of my truck, we talked for a bit and then we wrote me a warning and told me not to forget to get my pistol on the way back to my truck. RRPD and APD just told me to keep my hands in site and no fast moves.

And further responses in that link.
TSRA Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Been stopped several times & a couple of tickets. Never disarmed.
Wife stopped & ticket, not disarmed.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

ammoboy2

Post by ammoboy2 »

I had a State Trooper disarm me but he had me hand it to him. I thought it was tactically stupid of him but that is what he wanted. Why bother disarming if you are going to have the guy remove it from his holster and hand it to you, it is totally baffling. Much safer for all concerned to just leave it in the holster.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

Most recent thread I can remember, including a link to my own account, is here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60179
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”