Active shooter on loose in US Navy yard.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Active shooter on loose in US Navy yard.

Post by philip964 »

TV news is reporting that the AR15 was not his, he took it from a dead guard he had shot is what they are saying.

Whole thing is very sad.

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CHLLady »

CNN piers Morgan is saying he bought the gun and is going on and on about the AR 15.

The man needs to go back to the UK. :mad5
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

What about shoot-them up computer simulators(games)?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Poldark

Post by Poldark »

CHLLady wrote:CNN piers Morgan is saying he bought the gun and is going on and on about the AR 15.

The man needs to go back to the UK. :mad5
Yup :iagree:
Term Limits, Please.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

Beiruty wrote:What about shoot-them up computer simulators(games)?

I heard him mention them, but by then he was being tuned out. :nono:

He just gets more and more snarky and obnoxious as he goes on. Best interview ever was with GZ's brother. He was not railroading him.

What is really hitting me is that the shooter was at Carswell JRB, my family and I are on that base often throughout the month. Scary he was so close at one time. NO conceal carry on base.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dragonfighter »

Every base I've entered in the last few years has 100% ID check. Even Bellows AFS on Oahu which is a "reserve base" checked all of our IDs and scanned them as well. Here we have a man, not current as either reservists or contractor (from several MSM reports) enters one of the most secure bases in a city with the most restrictive gun laws with a shotgun and proceeds to take people out, get their weapons and take more people out.

Pelosi take your multi-lifted face back under the slimy rock you crawled out from. Piers, shut up. NCIS and FBI, find out who dropped the ball and nail them.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

AEA

Post by AEA »

Dragonfighter wrote: Pelosi take your multi-lifted face back under the slimy rock you crawled out from. Piers, shut up. NCIS and FBI, find out who dropped the ball and nail them.
:iagree:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Keith B
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Keith B »

They say now he entered on his valid contractor ID and they are investigating if he used the shotgun he bought in a Virginia sporting goods store was used to kill a guard and take his AR-15 and 9mm pistol.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... games.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Played call of duty for up to 16 hours a day.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nightmare69 »

Keith B wrote:They say now he entered on his valid contractor ID and they are investigating if he used the shotgun he bought in a Virginia sporting goods store was used to kill a guard and take his AR-15 and 9mm pistol.
Why would a soldier be carrying a civilian AR-15 and not a M4?
philip964 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... games.html

Here we go.... Ive played COD, Battlefield, Halo and GTA for years and never had a problem. 99.9% of people who play first person shooters know that its just a game, not real life. I do not think games have anything to do with it. These games are rated M for mature (age 17+) for a reason. If they ban these games then they would have to do the same to tv shows and movies that show violence.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

nightmare69 wrote:
Keith B wrote:They say now he entered on his valid contractor ID and they are investigating if he used the shotgun he bought in a Virginia sporting goods store was used to kill a guard and take his AR-15 and 9mm pistol.
Why would a soldier be carrying a civilian AR-15 and not a M4?
philip964 wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... games.html

Here we go.... Ive played COD, Battlefield, Halo and GTA for years and never had a problem. 99.9% of people who play first person shooters know that its just a game, not real life. I do not think games have anything to do with it. These games are rated M for mature (age 17+) for a reason. If they ban these games then they would have to do the same to tv shows and movies that show violence.
1: The media rarely gets weapon description correct.
2: Lots of M16A3 still in use, Airforce, Navy, Marine and Army units
3: Been on a Military installation lately? Not a whole lot of Military "Guards" these days, though with cutbacks,, more and more every day.
Last edited by E.Marquez on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

bdickens
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bdickens »

nightmare69 wrote: Why would a soldier be carrying a civilian AR-15 and not a M4?
Any time the military has something really important to guard, they hire civilians.
Byron Dickens

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longhorn_92 »

CNN is now reporting that Federal agents retrieved 3 weapons... (1) shotgun and(2) handguns that he got from officers shot... There was no AR15.
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

dubya

Post by dubya »

I wonder what ole Joe Biden will say to the shooter's weapon being a shotgun? Joe?

Mentally ill, anger issues, sleep problems, HEARING VOICES....
known attacks on others...

No AR-15 involved but they all jump on it (Feinstein almost first)... It will be amazing to see what sputtering gun control advocates try to spin into another defective person attacking unarmed victims. Joe...what day is it? Mental health day.
Last edited by dubya on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
JW, Sons of the Republic of Texas
NRA, TSRA

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

CNN which I never read, but due to the quotes above, is speculating if he even had an ar15.... They said he had a shot gun.
What we know: Federal law enforcement sources say authorities have recovered three weapons from the scene of the mass shooting, including one -- a shotgun -- that investigators believe he brought in to the compound. The other two weapons -- handguns -- the sources say, may have been taken from guards.
What we don't know: The sources, who have detailed knowledge of the investigation, cautioned that initial investigation information that an AR-15 rifle was used may have been incorrect. It is believed that Alexis had rented an AR-15, but returned it before Monday morning's shootings. Authorities are still investigating precisely how many weapons Alexis had access to and when.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/us/navy-y ... ?hpt=hp_t1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “The Crime Blotter”