Wait 'til next year

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Wait 'til next year

Post by steveincowtown »

tomneal wrote:
Texas Speaker of the House - It Means Power!
Postby Charles L. Cotton » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm
I agree.
So what do we need to do to get a new Speaker of the House?
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texa ... Joe-Straus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"51% of the laws sent to the governor’s desk from the House were Democrat-written or co-written. This means the MINORITY party in the House, outnumbered by nearly 2-1, was the MAJORITY when it came to laws passed. How can this be? There is one probable answer: Speaker of the House Joe Straus.

#1> Actively support any true conservative that steps up and challenges Straus in either his district, or in his bid to become next speaker of the house.

#2> Let your reps (once elections occur) know that you do not want Straus as Speaker of the House as he is using his power to block the will of the people of Texas and their elected representatives.

#3> Make sure every gun owner you know realizes that even thought Straus has a "A" rating with the TSRA, this rating is only based on his voting record. Since he hasn't allowed much pro gun legislation to even come up for a vote, this doesn't say much.

#4> Make sure every member of your Church (if you are church going folk) knows that Straus has never really taken an official Pro Life stance. He is not a true conservative.

#5> Make sure every conservative you know realizes Strauss is letting the liberal Minority present bills more often then the overwhelming Conservative base.

#6> When you get calls asking for your support for Greg Abbott for Governor, ask them if Greg Abbott will be telling Joe Straus to let pro 2A bills come to the floor, and if not is he committed to calling a special session focused on increasing the 2A rights of Texans.

Assuming Joe Straus gets re-elected in his district, we need to organize a "Straus has got to go" before Speaker of the House is decided. 20 phone calls over 10 days is one thing. 20 phone calls per hour for a full day will make a greater impact.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

hillfighter
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by hillfighter »

Joe Straus didn't elect himself Speaker of the House. His supporters in both parties knew his record.
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by steveincowtown »

hillfighter wrote:Joe Straus didn't elect himself Speaker of the House. His supporters in both parties knew his record.
They did know his record, but first and foremost they knew that if they didn't cave he would keep any dissenters of of all committees/special appointments. I guess for our elected officials this mean more than doing the right thing...
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

Sadly there are no incumbents whose voting record last year earned my vote this year.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tomneal »

My list in no particular order

- CHL's allowed to carry anywhere LEO's are allowed to carry.

- Require CELO's to sign off on BATFE Class III paper work in a timely fashion.

- No-Knock warrants / Dynamic-entry-during-the-night-time warrants. In recent years this seems to have gotten out hand (even in Texas). I am not sure what the solution is but I think it's time to dial-them-back. Maybe requiring on-officer video. Maybe only allowing No Knock warrants for selected felonies. Both Law Enforcement and innocents are dying. Yes, this is firearm related. See: Does Exercising the Second Amendment Invalidate the Fourth Amendment?
Replace the current speaker of the house

Moving the tread back to my original topic. What other gun related issues would you like the Texas legislature take up in 2015?
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

tomneal wrote:Moving the tread back to my original topic. What other gun related issues would you like the Texas legislature take up in 2015?
Repeal 46.035. It's both insult and injury to place restrictions on me carrying a handgun that do not apply to my unlicensed neighbor carrying an AK.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

HB 3128

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 03218I.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbs2:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 7

Post by tomneal »

See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

I would like to see the law modified reguarding the posting of the 30.06. If the building that is posted has multiple customer entrances then all must be posted. This will solve the problem with our local mall having 20 public entrances and only 3 posted.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

I prefer the law in many other states where it's not a crime to carry a concealed handgun at a public accommodation until management gives trespass warning in person and the licensee refuses to leave.

I would also like to see the 51% rule repealed. If that's not possible I want it modified so 51% locations are off limits to everyone under 21, like some other states. If it's not the kind of place I should be allowed to carry a handgun, it's definitely not the sort of place where children should be running around. :mad5
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:I would like to see the law modified reguarding the posting of the 30.06. If the building that is posted has multiple customer entrances then all must be posted. This will solve the problem with our local mall having 20 public entrances and only 3 posted.
I disagree. I don't see it as a "problem" if mall owners do not give people proper notice.
NRA Endowment Member

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

WildBill wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:I would like to see the law modified reguarding the posting of the 30.06. If the building that is posted has multiple customer entrances then all must be posted. This will solve the problem with our local mall having 20 public entrances and only 3 posted.
I disagree. I don't see it as a "problem" if mall owners do not give people proper notice.
It's a problem if you get arrested for CT and never knew there was a sign.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

nightmare69 wrote:
WildBill wrote:
It's a problem if you get arrested for CT and never knew there was a sign.
Then you haven't been given proper notice.
NRA Endowment Member

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”