A meeting place for CHL instructors

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

New Instructor Site: Automated forms and online registration

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

To help fund the Texas Firearms Coalition, I have developed an online registration service for Texas CHL instructors. CHL-100s and CHL-8's are also automatically. This service is fully described at http://www.demo.chlregistration.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, but in a nutshell, it provides
  • 1. Online registration system for your students;
    2. Automatic confirmation email with any attachments you like (ex. CHL-16, photoholder, outline, etc.);
    3. Automatic admin email to you containing any information on your students you desire;
    4. Option to require or allow your students to pre-pay class fee online using PayPal or other services);
    5. Direct link to only your classes that can be placed on your website;
    6. Automated creation of all CHL-100's and CHL-8 for classes with the click of one button (including electronic instructor signature).
To log into the demo site, Username: instructor; Password: chldemo. There are a series of videos under the "Features" tab that demonstrate the service as well as tutorial videos. I have to add two more videos that explain new features that have been added during testing.

Thanks,
Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: New Instructor Site: Automated forms and online registra

The customized spreadsheet that comes with CHLregistration.com has some new features, as does the registration software. With one button, you not only import the data for your classes and create all CHL-100s and CHL-8, you are also creating an alphabetized sign-in sheet with pertinent information as well as a name badge table to use in merge printing. We call this the "Do Everything" button and your paperwork is completed with a single mouse click.

Another feature has been added to help people who have two or more instructors, one for the classroom and one for the range. The CHL-100 and CHL-8 have the instructor's signature imaged so you don't have to sign each form. (DPS accepts these for instructors.) Now, you can have additional instructors added to the form and you select the person who will sign the CHL-100 from a drop-down list. The appropriate signature will be automatically be placed on the CHL-100.

You can see a demonstration of CHLregistration.com, including videos by going to http://www.demo.chlregistration.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and loggin in with this information: Username: instructor; Password: chldemo. This login only works on the demo site. Please note, these new features are not yet in the demo videos.

A portion of the proceeds from CHLregistration.com support the mission of the Texas Firearms Coalition.

Chas.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: New Instructor Site: Automated forms and online registra

For a limited time, CHLregistration.com offered 6 month subscriptions to let instructors try our service. This limited time offer is now closed, but we have made available a monthly subscription at $39.95/month in addition to the regular 12 month subscription. (The annual subscription saves you a little over 12%.)

You can see feature videos as well as tutorial videos at http://www.Demo.CHLregistration.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and you do not have to log in using the demo instructor credentials. If you decide that CHLregistration.com is for you, click on the "Subscribe" button where you will be redirected to the live site to register. There you will have to log in using "instructor" as the username and "chldemo" as the password.

Obviously I'm prejudice, but automating everything from student registration to creation of all CHL-100s and CHL-8 is a game-changer for instructors. No-shows seem to be an increasing problem and having the option to require either full payment or a deposit is becoming more popular with instructors. I've been using the system myself even before it was made available to all instructors and I'd use the service even if I didn't own it!

Setting up classes is also easy since we take care of that task. You can choose to set up your own classes, but why bother when you can submit an online form in less than a minute?

Chas.

Return to “Instructors' Corner”