Look who donated to Wendy Davis

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Look who donated to Wendy Davis

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

I don't see a problem. I have no problem when hollywood wastes money in Texas. It helps the economy. :cheers2:

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
JP171 wrote:Charles, who would be the one that surprised you as none of the people there surprised me in any way?
Tom Hanks.

Chas.
Hanks is actually a major lefty. Don't let Forrest Gump fool ya, he's really Trostsky! :biggrinjester:

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jim Beaux »

If you have ever bought a Willie Nelson album or paid to watch a Tom Hanks movie, you have just contributed to obama & davis.

A major issue for me is giving Hollywood the money to use against me. I have boycotted several mouthy libs and I consider the actor/director's politics when determining whether to spend my money on their product.

Vote with your dollars.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Jim Beaux wrote:If you have ever bought a Willie Nelson album or paid to watch a Tom Hanks movie, you have just contributed to obama & davis.

. . .

Vote with your dollars.
I've never bought any of Willie's music, but I've gone to a lot of Tom Hanks movies. That will never happen again! I do appreciate the Chronicle giving me a personal boycott list; that's mighty neighborly for a Hearst rag. I already knew about many, but it was a good remedial course on political dirt bags.

Chas.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

Jim Beaux wrote:If you have ever bought a Willie Nelson album or paid to watch a Tom Hanks movie, you have just contributed to obama & davis.

A major issue for me is giving Hollywood the money to use against me. I have boycotted several mouthy libs and I consider the actor/director's politics when determining whether to spend my money on their product.

Vote with your dollars.

I understand and appreciate your position. However, that is a very tough standard to maintain consistently. Hope you aren't insured by any of the main private insurance carriers. Most all of them have executives and employees that have donated significant amounts of money to anti-gun liberal progressive politicians that are using that money against us. They also used that money to push Obamacare on us. Also, check out the politics of the the chairman of Progressive insurance, Peter Lewis. Do you use Gmail, Google, Yahoo mail or Microsoft? If so, you may want to consider where your dollars are going and how you may be helping them raise money to use against you. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... l-account/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The list goes on and on and it makes it very challenging to navigate through the political minefields that exist. I applaud your resolve and also make similar choices.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

mojo84 wrote:

Vote with your dollars.

I understand and appreciate your position. However, that is a very tough standard to maintain consistently. Hope you aren't insured by any of the main private insurance carriers. Most all of them have executives and employees that have donated significant amounts of money to anti-gun liberal progressive politicians that are using that money against us. They also used that money to push Obamacare on us. Also, check out the politics of the the chairman of Progressive insurance, Peter Lewis. Do you use Gmail, Google, Yahoo mail or Microsoft? If so, you may want to consider where your dollars are going and how you may be helping them raise money to use against you. http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/ ... l-account/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The list goes on and on and it makes it very challenging to navigate through the political minefields that exist. I applaud your resolve and also make similar choices.
I try to stay informed of the political activism of companies I do business with - and it is more than a tough standard to maintain, it is virtually impossible to keep the few coins I have out of their pockets - but what's the alternative? I can only do the right thing.

Each of us has to do our part and though I cant stand against the world, I can make others aware and teach my children - and yeah we are ensnared by the insurance companies, but we can go to Chick-fil-A instead of Burger King. Yep, I know petty, but it's all I got. :thumbs2:
~Unknown

gljjt
Posts in topic: 1

Post by gljjt »

Wendy who???

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

BTW I got distracted during my earlier post and forgot to mention charities. If you dont know the organization dont give.

Church groups? There are100's Ive never heard of before. Better find out more before you contribute. I have been surprised when I inquired about the church and what the fund raising was for.

I gave up Girl Scout Cookies when I learned of the organization's association/contributions to Planned Parenthood, LGBT and WAGGGS (World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts). Hard to imagine the depth of progressive cancer in our world.

The only charities I donate to are VFW, American Legion and Salvation Army.
~Unknown

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

My son is the youngest Neighborhood Team Leader for Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas in the state.

Though I disagree with my son and his view of politics, I am quite proud of him taking part in the Democratic process.

As a note, I would not write-off Wendy Davis as a viable candidate. Seeing my son and his colleagues and the amount of work that they have been putting in towards getting Davis elected, I worry that the Republican party may be resting a little too much on its laurels.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

On the contrary, I've been talking to some that are working on Abbott's campaign. I can assure you no one involved is resting on laurels nor are they taking the election for granted. If that were the case, Abbott's war chest wouldn't be what it is.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

mojo84 wrote:On the contrary, I've been talking to some that are working on Abbott's campaign. I can assure you no one involved is resting on laurels nor are they taking the election for granted. If that were the case, Abbott's war chest wouldn't be what it is.
I hope you are correct, sir. I haven't heard diddly from any Republican campaign.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Interesting. I get several emails a day. Plus, I think timing has a lot to do with it. https://www.texastribune.org/2014/07/15 ... -warchest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Outside of your close connection through your son, are you hearing or seeing much from Davis' camp?

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

mojo84 wrote:Interesting. I get several emails a day. Plus, I think timing has a lot to do with it. https://www.texastribune.org/2014/07/15 ... -warchest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Outside of your close connection through your son, are you hearing or seeing much from Davis' camp?
They are very organized and are targeting voting Democrats. I do not fill that particular demographic.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

Purplehood wrote:My son is the youngest Neighborhood Team Leader for Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas in the state.

Though I disagree with my son and his view of politics, I am quite proud of him taking part in the Democratic process.

As a note, I would not write-off Wendy Davis as a viable candidate. Seeing my son and his colleagues and the amount of work that they have been putting in towards getting Davis elected, I worry that the Republican party may be resting a little too much on its laurels.

Good for him. A hallmark of a functioning democracy is involvement. You may disagree with the politics, but you can't disagree with the involvement.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
Purplehood wrote:My son is the youngest Neighborhood Team Leader for Wendy Davis and Battleground Texas in the state.

Good for him. A hallmark of a functioning democracy is involvement. You may disagree with the politics, but you can't disagree with the involvement.
Thank you very much.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Return to “Off-Topic”