Liberty Safe Question

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 1

Liberty Safe Question

Post by GlockDude26 »

Just wanted to see if anyone has any experience with the Liberty Safes. Specifically the Fatboy Jr or the Franklin 25, or 35. I'm looking at these three and wondering if it's really worth to spend the extra money to get the Franklin series? From what I gather in the Franklin the fire rating is 15 mins longer, it has .25 bigger bolts with an extra 1 on top and bottom, the mechanism is supposedly better, it comes with lights and electrical outlet and the interior is "better". My first thought is well duh but the price tag goes up significantly too! The fatboy doesn't seem too shabby though. The steel is the same gauge, it will come with battery operated lights and it holds 48 guns instead of 25 or 35. (i do realize they all won't hold as many as they say, but based on size alone it will hold more). Whichever i get it will be bolted into the floor and there wouldn't be room in the closet for them to get the safe on it's back. Any thoughts or experience with either of these two will be greatly appreciated!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

Selina Kyle

Re: Liberty Safe Question

Post by Selina Kyle »

Hi! We recently purchased a Liberty safe and LOVE it. I cannot remember the model, but I believe it is supposed to hold 42 guns. I'll be sure my husband reads this - he will know the details. We never buy anything like this without extensive research and shopping around. All in all, we found Liberty to be the best.

Check this video out. For some reason the YouTube post will not work for me, so here is the link.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"His fist is big, but my gun's bigger. He'll find out when I pull the trigger!"
Ruger LCP
NRA Member

Redneck_Buddha

Re: Liberty Safe Question

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I've had some very good dealings with these guys. They quoted me $2,000 for a floor safe built into our foundation and hidden. Even though we did not go forward, they were very accommodating and helpful and I would use them in a heartbeat.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”