Rethinking EDC

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Rethinking EDC

Post by C-dub »

carlson1 wrote:
tyree wrote:Do any of you keep a rifle in your vehicle on an ongoing basis in addition to your daily loadout?
I do not unless I am traveling.
Same here. And even then, sometimes it's not feasible or there isn't enough room.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I've been thinking quite a bit lately about buying an AR. I've also been thinking about keeping it in the trunk of my car. I have to park in the driveway so there's the issue of it being outside all the time. One plus is the street light is at the end of the driveway so it's always very bright on the driveway.

I could bring it in and out but that would be numerous times of displaying the case and the fact I've got something I consider valuable enough to take in and out. I've been thinking if I could find a long enough bag, duffel or tent or folding chair or whatever, it wouldn't draw much attention.

I don't need it in the house. My G34 and G26 and XDM are more than adequate. I'm really aggravated our "leaders" have let it get to the point where we potentially need a rifle available to us at all times.
Last edited by LDB415 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

My son has an sks and he is off at school. I may throw his gun under the back seat just to it nearby until I get something. Concerning times we are in.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 3

Post by suthdj »

21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

VMI77
Posts in topic: 8

Post by VMI77 »

LDB415 wrote:I've been thinking quite a bit lately about buying an AR. I've also been thinking about keeping it in the trunk of my car. I have to park in the driveway so there's the issue of it being outside all the time. One plus is the street light is at the end of the driveway so it's always very bright on the driveway.

I could bring it in and out but that would be numerous times of displaying the case and the fact I've got something I consider valuable enough to take in and out. I've been thinking if I could find a long enough bag, duffel or tent or folding chair or whatever, it wouldn't draw much attention.

I don't need it in the house. My G34 and G26 and XDM are more than adequate. I'm really aggravated our "leaders" have let it get to the point where we potentially need a rifle available to us at all times.
I got an AK for this purpose because it was cheaper and less of a loss if stolen.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

LDB415,

Stop thinking about buying an AR and do it.

The cost is much lower than when I bought mine.

You can get a Colt LE6920 for about $800/900 depending on where you buy it.

Then buys lots of ammo.

Oh, as soon as you get it- zero it.

Just keep in mind, AR's are like Barbie Dolls...

McKnife
Posts in topic: 1

Post by McKnife »

You'd be crazy NOT to have an AR these days! I always have one in my vehicle with 2 - 4 extra magazines of mixed M193/M855/TAP T2, and a "go-bag."

One of the best deals I've ever seen on a Colt AR:
http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... arrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

... and if you decide you don't like it, you can sell it to me! :biggrinjester:
:coolgleamA:

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I'm actually looking at a long stroke gas piston action by PWS, debating between 16" and 18". I'll probably go with the 16". My eyes probably aren't good enough to benefit from a longer barrel.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I've been thinking if I could find a long enough bag, duffel or tent or folding chair or whatever, it wouldn't draw much attention.
you might consider a soft guitar case, or possibly some kind of gym bag - even better if it has a gym logo on it:

http://www.goldsgear.com/cgi-php/store. ... 5021319RDB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by carlson1 »

ghostrider wrote:
I've been thinking if I could find a long enough bag, duffel or tent or folding chair or whatever, it wouldn't draw much attention.
you might consider a soft guitar case, or possibly some kind of gym bag - even better if it has a gym logo on it:

http://www.goldsgear.com/cgi-php/store. ... 5021319RDB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I bought one of the 5.11 covert carry bags off of EBAY for $39.00 plus the shipping. I love how easy it is to pack and carry with my suitcases when traveling.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Yeah, I wish I remotely looked like a gym bag guy. That would probably be the most obvious of any possibility, sad to say.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

paisley duffel bag ?
:-)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:-0
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Longhorn-breeder

Post by Longhorn-breeder »

ghostrider wrote:paisley duffel bag ?
:-)

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:-0

I love you would never draw a second look! Lol
Longhorn-breeder
Central TX

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Yeah, no, I'm not that kind of not a gym guy, just old and overweight. I was thinking something like this is one possibility.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Keyboard-Ca ... ags.gc?o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

tyree wrote:Do any of you keep a rifle in your vehicle on an ongoing basis in addition to your daily loadout?
I have for a long time but it's more for four-legged critters than two-legged ones.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”