New Weapon Against School Intruders

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

rotor
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New Weapon Against School Intruders

Post by rotor »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:The first thought that comes to my mind is that there may be availability and selection problems with store bought cans. I want to get a canning machine so I can fine tune can weights to match the capabilities of my particular arm and save lots of money. The only problem is that I have lots of empty cans, but can't seem to find any of the components to go inside.
Won't be long before there will be a shortage of canning supplies. The big companies just won't be able to keep up with demand. Hoarding will occur. May take years to work it out. Who knows where this will end up.

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RogueUSMC »

sjfcontrol wrote:
Abraham wrote:Rocks are a whole lot cheaper.
That was my thought, too. Also, they don't spoil.
Who cares if they spoil? if it bursts on impact (which it prolly won't) it would add a whole 'nother dimension to the effectiveness. It would mark him if he ran after getting hit too, just follow the stench...
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

RogueUSMC wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:
Abraham wrote:Rocks are a whole lot cheaper.
That was my thought, too. Also, they don't spoil.
Who cares if they spoil? if it bursts on impact (which it prolly won't) it would add a whole 'nother dimension to the effectiveness. It would mark him if he ran after getting hit too, just follow the stench...
Properly canned food doesn't spoil unless it gets a hole in the tin. In the late 60's early 70's we were eating C rats packaged in the mid 40's.

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Wow! I never thought there would be so much activity on this topic.

After reading some of the responses I thought of another advantage of this unique method of self defense.

In the event that students were taken hostage, there would be plenty of food for them to eat. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

rotor wrote:
AlaskanInTexas wrote:The first thought that comes to my mind is that there may be availability and selection problems with store bought cans. I want to get a canning machine so I can fine tune can weights to match the capabilities of my particular arm and save lots of money. The only problem is that I have lots of empty cans, but can't seem to find any of the components to go inside.
Won't be long before there will be a shortage of canning supplies. The big companies just won't be able to keep up with demand. Hoarding will occur. May take years to work it out. Who knows where this will end up.
If the current trends keep up a can of tuna will cost less than a round of 22LR ammo.
NRA Endowment Member

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

MeMelYup wrote: Properly canned food doesn't spoil unless it gets a hole in the tin. In the late 60's early 70's we were eating C rats packaged in the mid 40's.
They never go away. I ate them in Korea in the early '60's, RVN in '70, and at U.S. Forest Service/BLM firefighting base camps in AK in the '80's and '90's. Hey maybe they should just issue them to schools? There's probably plenty left. And the students could use the accessory packs that come with them. Ah, no, the P-38 would be called a "bladed weapon," and then there's those pesky mini packs of smokes too. Never mind. :shock:

netomh

Post by netomh »

mtnthundr2 wrote:Better not leave those cans unattended....they may hurt some of the children!
Would the larger 20oz can's be considered 'assault cans'?
If things get really bad, they could head to the cafeteria for the "Hand CANnons" (#10 cans)

...now that's a heck of a first post. But I just couldn't resist...

jmra

Post by jmra »

Have you guys seen how big the new smart phones are getting? Every kid in school is already carrying a deadly projectile. We don't need no stinking cans!
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

belcrane

Post by belcrane »

Maybe next time they will just install an application and make the 2d knives into 3d and vice versa. :lol:

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:Should they aim for the head or center body mass.
Just don't throw it at their can.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

We need to stand against this if we allow this to go forward the halls will be soaked with pea's. "rlol"
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

I've been considering carefully what this college-educated bastion of higher learning has decided the kids should do if a fire breaks out in a classroom. :smilelol5:

Sorry there is no appropriate smiley to illustrate this. :???:

Praise the Lord for a little levity.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

Return to “Off-Topic”