Page 1 of 1

San Antonio Gun Recovery Fee

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:04 pm
by jmorris
San Antonio's 2027 budget included around 100 fee increases and 40 new fees. One of the new fees is the Gun Recovery Fee. It's included on many news sites but I cannot find any detail on the SA city government page. All I've been able to find is if you are arrested, your firearm is confiscated, and then you are released you will have to pay $75 to get your firearm back.

Completely reading into the very limited information I could dig up this seems to include if no charges are filed. You still have to pay to get your firearm back from the property room.

I'm considering a FOIA request to get the details. Would be nice though if someone that's allow to ask the attorney
general questions could do so.

Re: San Antonio Gun Recovery Fee

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:49 pm
by The Annoyed Man
Maybe a reporter could start asking questions. Out loud. On TV.