The KR Training facility and range are about 50 miles east of Austin, Texas.
This link goes to the description of the KR Training facilities and A-Zone range: https://www.krtraining.com/AZoneRange/AZoneRange.html
This is a Google picture of the range:
I have only good things to say about KR Training facilities, staff, and classes. Of course, I am influenced by the fact that the A-Zone range is 35 minutes from my house, but this is just icing on the cake. I've been training with KR for the past 18 months. I've been on the A-Zone range for two springs, summers, and falls. I've seen heavy rain there on occasion, but never had difficulty on the firing line or in the parking area. The classroom facility is simple and functional: classroom, office, storage, bunkroom, kitchen, gunsmith room, 3/4 bath. AC works very well even in the hottest Texas summer. Several acres of land to the north of the range are available for training classes involving outdoors action and shooting.
The firing line on the main range is carpeted. This all but eliminates mud and magazine damage. Karl has installed a carport to cover the tables and gun handling area on the main range. During Tom Givens' class (6-7 OCT 18), on two occasions, we removed the cardboard targets from the range and took shelter. The firing line remained safe to use.
Weather in central Texas is much like weather in north Texas: hard to predict. Generally, you can reduce the rain forecast by 10 to 15 percent to get a more likely number. Oct 6-7, we had no rain on Sat (40%) and only scattered rain that interrupted training on Sun (60%).
I took my 21 year old son to KR for his pre-LTC training and to take Karl Rehn's LTC class. I have taken my 86 year old father, youngest brother (recovering from bone cancer), and three youngest sons to KR for training. I've completed KR's Defensive Pistol Skills program. I trust Karl, the KR instructors, and the A-Zone facilities with the training and welfare, on and off of the range, of my loved ones and myself.
I am a professional corporate developer and an Army trainer; certified by civilian and US Army authorities. I enjoy watching Karl and his instructors work, as well as guest instructors. Karl travels to present training in other states and hosts trainers from Texas and other states. Karl also appears in web and pod casts and guests hosts pod casts.
I live in Elgin, just 35 minutes from the A-Zone. I can recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Elgin. I've had family members stay there and have meet forum members who stayed at HIE while attending KR classes. Sunset Lodge is also available, but is not on a par with HIE. Karl's web site lists lodging in Giddings.
Search found 1 match
Search found 1 match • Page 1 of 1
- ↳ Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions
- ↳ Test Area
- ↳ Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)
- Resources & Links
- ↳ CHL Checklist
- ↳ Government resources & CHL-related links
- ↳ DPS Updates
- National Rifle Association, Texas Firearms Coalition & Good Guys United
- ↳ National Rifle Association
- ↳ Texas Firearms Coalition
- ↳ Good Guys United
- ↳ General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion
- ↳ General Texas CHL Discussion
- ↳ Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
- ↳ Rifles & Shotguns
- ↳ New to CHL?
- ↳ The "Waiting Room"
- ↳ Other States
- ↳ Shooting Ranges
- ↳ Reloading Forum
- ↳ Never Again!!
- ↳ Competitive Shooting
- ↳ Hunting Photos
- ↳ Books & Videos
- ↳ Off-Topic
- ↳ Ladies
- ↳ Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!
- ↳ Holsters & Accessories
- ↳ LEO Contacts & Bloopers
- ↳ "How To" Tips
- ↳ Job Board
- ↳ Camp's Corner
- ↳ Prayer Requests & Updates
- ↳ The Crime Blotter
- ↳ Self-Defense Reports
- ↳ Training & Practice
- Instructors , Classes and Training
- ↳ LTC Class Schedules & Locations
- ↳ Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)
- ↳ Past Classes
- ↳ Instructors' Corner
- ↳ General
- Market: Buy, Sell, Trade - Please check the minimum posting requirements in Forum Rule 13
- ↳ Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies
- ↳ Firearms
- ↳ FFL Holders
- ↳ Closed Items
- ↳ Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal
- ↳ Non-Firearm related items
- Community Service Announcements
- ↳ General Announcements
- ↳ Animal Rescue
- ↳ Prior Year TexasCHLforum Days
- ↳ 2012 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008
- ↳ Feedback - 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2007 TexasCHLforum Day
- ↳ General Legislative Discussions
- ↳ 2019 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Governor's Abbott's "School and Firearm Safety Action Plan"
- ↳ Crimes on Campus
- ↳ Prior Session: 2005 - 2017
- ↳ 2015 Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Calls-To-Action
- ↳ 2011 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2009 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2007 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2005 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Goals for 2007
- ↳ Concealed Carry on College Campuses
- ↳ 2017 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2017 Legislative Wish List
- ↳ Federal
- ↳ Prior Year Elections
- ↳ 2012 Texas & Federal Elections
- ↳ Texas - 2008
- ↳ Federal - 2008
- ↳ 2014 Elections