Christmas, Chicago Style

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 1

Christmas, Chicago Style

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Ha! is about the only response I have on this one. I'm usually against all thugs mugging innocent Law Abiding Citizens. Mostly, or apparently sometimes now...

"Two Chicago men mugged Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s teenage son right across the street from the Emanuel family home on Friday night — and gave the high school senior a bloody lip and a chipped tooth to boot. The strong-arm robbery occurred at about 10 p.m., reports the Chicago Sun-Times. Emanuel’s son, Zach, had stepped outside and across the street from the residence to make a mobile phone call. The two men approached the teen, forcibly examined the contents of his pockets and stole his phone."

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/20/chris ... ilys-home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

LDB415

Re: Christmas, Chicago Style

Post by LDB415 »

Outside and across the street to make a phone call? Wonder what sort of pizza he was ordering? That's the only reason I ever go outside to make a phone call. :roll:
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

According to the cop shows my wife always watches, this was obviously a drug deal gone bad, nobody ever steps outside and across the street to make a phone call.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Charlies.Contingency

Post by Charlies.Contingency »

jimlongley wrote:According to the cop shows my wife always watches, this was obviously a drug deal gone bad, nobody ever steps outside and across the street to make a phone call.
I don't know, maybe talking dirty on the phone and didn't want mama to hear it? My best guess, trying to hide something, but a drug deal is a possibility too.
Sent from Iphone: Please IGNORE any grammatical or spelling errors.
ALL of my statements are to be considered opinionated and not factual.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

I was originally leaning toward the sins of the father explanation, but now I think the son had his own chickens come home to roost.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Rrash

Post by Rrash »

If you go to any of the Chicago news outlets (Sun Times) and read the comments, they are generally one of three things:
1. Sympathy for the son, wishing him a well recovery.
2. Complaining that Chicagoans aren't allowed to defend themselves with handguns.
3. Complaining that Emmanuel gets special treatment, while the millions of Chicagoans live in a war zone (kind of a "welcome to reality for the rest of us" complaint).
Kind of sad that city is so messed up.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Rrash wrote:If you go to any of the Chicago news outlets (Sun Times) and read the comments, they are generally one of three things:
1. Sympathy for the son, wishing him a well recovery.
2. Complaining that Chicagoans aren't allowed to defend themselves with handguns.
3. Complaining that Emmanuel gets special treatment, while the millions of Chicagoans live in a war zone (kind of a "welcome to reality for the rest of us" complaint).
Kind of sad that city is so messed up.
No sympathy here. They did it to themselves.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”