Target suing man who saved girls life

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

User avatar

Topic author
Javier730
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Target suing man who saved girls life

#1

Post by Javier730 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:14 am

Just another reason I wont go to Target. :mad5
http://thefederalist.com/2016/05/19/thi ... im-for-it/
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

User avatar

Pariah3j
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 865
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:03 pm
Location: Webster

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#2

Post by Pariah3j » Fri May 20, 2016 10:22 am

I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson


JoCannonIV
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#3

Post by JoCannonIV » Fri May 20, 2016 10:35 am

What is wrong with these people? Are they trying to bankrupt the company? I will not be going to a Target store in the future, there is no way I could support a business that has these type of policies.


Mike S
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#4

Post by Mike S » Fri May 20, 2016 10:39 am

As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

This "hero" & a couple of his friends had an altercation with a homeless, mentally ill guy and then jumped in their car to try & find him. The "hero" ran into the Target store WITH a baseball bat, ran up the escalator to find the guy, and had more 'words' with the mental homeless guy. Homeless guy grabs teenage girl & pulls out a knife to show 'he means business' (... remember, he's a mental homeless guy; this must have made sense to him on some alternative wavelength...), to wit our "hero" springs into action & tackles/chases homeless nut out of the store with the baseball bat that he brought with him.

If Target wants to sue him & his homeboys for bringing street justice into their stores, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/07/ ... g-lawsuit/


FastCarry
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#5

Post by FastCarry » Fri May 20, 2016 10:58 am

It felt like there was a lot missing from the article, this really shouldnt be news.

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 13079
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#6

Post by C-dub » Fri May 20, 2016 1:05 pm

Mike S wrote:As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

This "hero" & a couple of his friends had an altercation with a homeless, mentally ill guy and then jumped in their car to try & find him. The "hero" ran into the Target store WITH a baseball bat, ran up the escalator to find the guy, and had more 'words' with the mental homeless guy. Homeless guy grabs teenage girl & pulls out a knife to show 'he means business' (... remember, he's a mental homeless guy; this must have made sense to him on some alternative wavelength...), to wit our "hero" springs into action & tackles/chases homeless nut out of the store with the baseball bat that he brought with him.

If Target wants to sue him & his homeboys for bringing street justice into their stores, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/07/ ... g-lawsuit/
If I'm following this correctly, I'm curious to what street justice you're referring to? It sounds to me like the "hero" caused the mentally ill person to irrationally attack the girl and that wouldn't have happened if the "hero" hadn't come after him first.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider


MechAg94
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1584
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 pm

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#7

Post by MechAg94 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:24 pm

The other part is I think the girl's family is suing Target for failing to provide security or something. Target is countersuing the 3 men claiming they are liable. The girl's family is the one forcing Target to sue the men since they do have some responsibility in this mess. At least that is what I got from reading links earlier.

User avatar

Topic author
Javier730
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#8

Post by Javier730 » Fri May 20, 2016 1:36 pm

C-dub wrote:
Mike S wrote:As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

This "hero" & a couple of his friends had an altercation with a homeless, mentally ill guy and then jumped in their car to try & find him. The "hero" ran into the Target store WITH a baseball bat, ran up the escalator to find the guy, and had more 'words' with the mental homeless guy. Homeless guy grabs teenage girl & pulls out a knife to show 'he means business' (... remember, he's a mental homeless guy; this must have made sense to him on some alternative wavelength...), to wit our "hero" springs into action & tackles/chases homeless nut out of the store with the baseball bat that he brought with him.

If Target wants to sue him & his homeboys for bringing street justice into their stores, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/07/ ... g-lawsuit/
If I'm following this correctly, I'm curious to what street justice you're referring to? It sounds to me like the "hero" caused the mentally ill person to irrationally attack the girl and that wouldn't have happened if the "hero" hadn't come after him first.
Im just glad the guy was there to stop it even if he might have escalated it. I hate to think of the outcome if this ill man had got into an altercation with someone else and no one was there to stop it if he chose to attack a child.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 13079
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#9

Post by C-dub » Fri May 20, 2016 2:08 pm

The thing appears to be that it wouldn't have happened at all if the "hero" weren't there. It seems that he stopped something that he caused.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider


Mike S
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:08 pm
Contact:

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#10

Post by Mike S » Fri May 20, 2016 3:01 pm

C-dub wrote:
Mike S wrote:As Paul Harvey woulda said, here's the part of the story left out by The Federalist article.

This "hero" & a couple of his friends had an altercation with a homeless, mentally ill guy and then jumped in their car to try & find him. The "hero" ran into the Target store WITH a baseball bat, ran up the escalator to find the guy, and had more 'words' with the mental homeless guy. Homeless guy grabs teenage girl & pulls out a knife to show 'he means business' (... remember, he's a mental homeless guy; this must have made sense to him on some alternative wavelength...), to wit our "hero" springs into action & tackles/chases homeless nut out of the store with the baseball bat that he brought with him.

If Target wants to sue him & his homeboys for bringing street justice into their stores, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/07/ ... g-lawsuit/
If I'm following this correctly, I'm curious to what street justice you're referring to? It sounds to me like the "hero" caused the mentally ill person to irrationally attack the girl and that wouldn't have happened if the "hero" hadn't come after him first.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I have the same take on this (...I think...) as you; the (so called) "hero" & his three friends (one in car with him; the other two chased the homeless guy towards the Target store) were no longer in jeopardy (assuming that the mentally ill homeless guy randomly attacked them originally, without provocation). This is the street justice i was implying. It's convenient that The Federalist article left out these details, but had the column space to relate this with Target's employee restroom policy.
Last edited by Mike S on Fri May 20, 2016 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

Topic author
Javier730
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1265
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#11

Post by Javier730 » Fri May 20, 2016 3:02 pm

C-dub wrote:The thing appears to be that it wouldn't have happened at all if the "hero" weren't there. It seems that he stopped something that he caused.
:iagree: but that guy was a ticking time bomb. I believe we would of heard something about him in the future had this incident not occurred.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann


Solaris
Banned
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#12

Post by Solaris » Fri May 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Pariah3j wrote:I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
From 84 to 68 in last 30 days. DJI is down slightly over same period. So they are underperforming significantly.

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 13079
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#13

Post by C-dub » Fri May 20, 2016 4:12 pm

Javier730 wrote:
C-dub wrote:The thing appears to be that it wouldn't have happened at all if the "hero" weren't there. It seems that he stopped something that he caused.
:iagree: but that guy was a ticking time bomb. I believe we would of heard something about him in the future had this incident not occurred.
Of that, there's a high probability.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

User avatar

sbrawley
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 pm
Location: Idalou

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#14

Post by sbrawley » Sat May 21, 2016 6:57 am

Solaris wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
From 84 to 68 in last 30 days. DJI is down slightly over same period. So they are underperforming significantly.
Oddly, the S.O. and I were watching a television show on Hulu and at every commercial break, 2 out of the 3 commercials were for Target. Coincidence? :headscratch I think not!
You've never met America, and you ought to pray you never do -Charlie Daniels
NRA Life Member


Solaris
Banned
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 364
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Re: Target suing man who saved girls life

#15

Post by Solaris » Sat May 21, 2016 8:00 am

sbrawley wrote:
Solaris wrote:
Pariah3j wrote:I heard their stock is tanking in a market report yesterday... funny how they were trying to make it sounds like it was due to poor market conditions, not policies that are driving their customers away.
From 84 to 68 in last 30 days. DJI is down slightly over same period. So they are underperforming significantly.
Oddly, the S.O. and I were watching a television show on Hulu and at every commercial break, 2 out of the 3 commercials were for Target. Coincidence? :headscratch I think not!
Yeah, not all advertising has its desired effect. They ran a non-English commercial several times during "Nashville" last week which was the final nail in their coffin for wife. She cut up her target card at that moment and swore she would never set foot in that store again.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”