Shaking my head

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Shaking my head

Post by baldeagle »

The House is currently discussing HB 148, a bill to increase penalties for people who "harvest" votes illegally. It never ceases to amaze me that legislators can argue against these laws. It's like they are opposed to anything that makes it harder to cheat during elections.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

styxx

Re: Shaking my head

Post by styxx »

I guess that far too many politicians believe that if all the dead people quit voting and all the other voting fraud got significantly curtailed, many of them cuold not get reelected. Bummer.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

If you don't care enough to cheat, you don't care enough to win!

The national pastime is not baseball, never was. It is cheating. I'm convinced we could have tax code simplification in a month but making it simple would eliminate many opportunities to cheat, and all real Americans LOVE to cheat. They'll endure most anything as long as they feel like they can cheat on it somehow.

I live, for awhile longer, in a marina enclave on the bay here. As a resident, I am entitled to a card from the nearby Loews Resort entitling us to small discounts on meals, merchandise in the gift shop, rooms when we have guests etc. We have to prove that we live here by taking utility bills, current ones, to obtain the card, or renew it. Every year parents of school kids must prove they live where they claim they do by furnishing rent agreements, utility bills etc to the school district. Every year some athlete gets pinched because he actually lives in one part of town but is claiming to live somewhere else to stay on a favored high school team. I know things like this happen in Texas too. Every time I drive on the freeways, I see cars cheating on the diamond lanes, two or more passengers only, especially at metered onramps, where those whose time is too valuable to wait like the rest of us cruise blithely by, all by themselves. Diamond lane use by violators is so common place the CHP can't hope to pull over even a significant fraction of the violators and have given up, essentially.

Cheating is pervasive, in almost every activity of life.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

HK_USP_45

Post by HK_USP_45 »

My Granddad vote Republican all his life then voted democrat three times after he died.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Bet I can guess which group is arguing against that bill.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

Jack Valenti, long time LBJ aide, and later President of the Motion Picture Association, said that when he died, he wished to be buried in Texas, as he wanted to remain politically active.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

JKTex

Post by JKTex »

HK_USP_45 wrote:My Granddad vote Republican all his life then voted democrat three times after he died.
:coolgleamA: Getting someone's voting record is easy. Finding and who they voted for is another. I don't for a minute not believe voter fraud is a problem, but how did your family find out he voted after death, and how he voted?

tornado

Post by tornado »

JKTex wrote:
HK_USP_45 wrote:My Granddad vote Republican all his life then voted democrat three times after he died.
:coolgleamA: Getting someone's voting record is easy. Finding and who they voted for is another. I don't for a minute not believe voter fraud is a problem, but how did your family find out he voted after death, and how he voted?
By which primaries they voted in? Is that public?

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”