Shiloh Range: Tactical One Class

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
karl
Posts in topic: 1

Shiloh Range: Tactical One Class

Post by karl »

I had a really great time tonight at Shiloh's Tactical One class, now moved to Wednesday nights at 7. Got some live practice with drawing from the holster and engaging at 5 yards. At $25 per session it's very affordable for entry level training. The guys teaching the class were volunteers and, while not the best instructors I've ever had for something, they certainly knew what they were doing and I learned a few things. If not for the training, stop by for the chance to run some live drills. I'll be heading back on my next open Wednesday night and eventually move towards the Tac 2 class on Tuesdays.

If you're interested in the class you'll need:
-Handgun
-Holster (IWB, OWB, leg holster, or whatever you want to practice with)
-Mag holder (IWB, OWB, or whatever you want to practice with)
-2 or more mags
-100 rounds of ammunition (I fired about 60 but it's better to be on the safe side)
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere. -Thomas Jefferson

big 54r

Re: Shiloh Range: Tactical One Class

Post by big 54r »

I wish this range wasn't so far away...
I will be trying out the class at best shot on Sunday's hopefully.

esxmarkc

Re: Shiloh Range: Tactical One Class

Post by esxmarkc »

I have done this class at Shiloh a couple times and enjoyed it immensely. And you would be awfully surprised at how untrained and clumsy most of us (your truly included) are at the simple act of draw, fire, re-holster safely.

I took away what was taught to me and have practiced, practiced, and practiced until it is now automatic. I plan on doing the Tac 2 class one day also.

I believe that the Tac One training like you get there should be required all CHLs that have no prior military or LEO training. You get just enough pressure on the line there that you see people fumbling with presentation, disengaging safety, and clip swaps. It's an eye-opener for most who have never done it under even a little stress. And I'm sure that most go away and practice, practice and practice like I have.

I will also mention the that they really focus on safety and usually have a couple of trainers backing up the line and watching everyone like a hawk.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Return to “General”