HB 2373 Introduced. New task force to study 'Gun Violence'

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 2

HB 2373 Introduced. New task force to study 'Gun Violence'

Post by K5GU »

Relating to the creation of a task force to conduct a study and develop recommendations to alleviate the incidence of gun violence in this state. http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLook ... ill=HB2373
Life is good.

jamminbutter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB 2373 Introduced. New task force to study 'Gun Violenc

Post by jamminbutter »

Send them up to the CDC to research all of the studies already performed on this subject. What a waste.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Just need to send them links to the studies that have already been done. This is just another attempt to waste money and delay action by an inefficient wasteful government.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K5GU »

It looks to me like that, if passed and enacted, the task force would 'expire' before they could even define terms and get organized! ..."(g) The task force is abolished and this Act expires on January 1, 2017."...
It may actually just be a "do SOMETHING!" bill for Dutton in light of the several shooting accidents near Houston lately? Eh?
Life is good.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

This could be a very interesting study. I was just looking at the membership and can see how the deck could be stacked in either direction. I am guessing the Governor and Lt. Governor would tend towards pro-gun appointees (with the noted exception required) while the Speaker would tend towards anti-gun choices.

But the specifics of the law require the study to be towards Texas gun violence causes and effects. It also required legislation proposals at the end. It will be hard to fight against the laws this proposes, so we need to watch the committee and appointments. I would love to be on that committee myself, if I had the connections.
Steve Rothstein

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

How do I apply for the job?

:reddevil
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”