HB2823 Introduced. Prohibit physician questions re firearms.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 3

Re: HB2823 Introduced. Prohibit physician questions re firea

Post by ScooterSissy »

TVGuy wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
rbwhatever1 wrote:Good Legislation. We also need to do something about teachers asking kids about guns as well since we are on the subject of intrusion into the Family by outside sources. The red herring here is that we need any firearms Legislation at all. But we do and we all know why.

Has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. If one wishes to voluntarily talk about guns with his doctor one is free to do so. Hello Doctor Jones how are you? I have 47 guns in my house. Did you write that down? 47 right? Good...
My daughter and granddaughter lived with us until recently, The granddaughter is 11. My daughter told me a few days ago (this happened after they moved to their own place) that her daughter's teacher asked if there was a gun in the house. She answered no, since my daughter doesn't have one. 6 months ago, she would have answered yes.

My daughter didn't know the question was going to be asked until after the fact. Even though she didn't have a gun, she's mad, and still deciding what to do about it.
That would infuriate me as well. Public or private school? Urban or rural?
Suburban school. I don't think it was part of a questionnaire, but more as part of a class discussion about guns. It may have even been totally innocent. For instance, I can see a teacher saying "Guns aren't a problem, as long as they are being handled safely and appropriately. I bet some of you in this class even have guns in your homes"; but, my daughter is kind of sensitive about that one. Last year, same school district but an elementary school instead of the middle school, another teacher stated that guns are too dangerous to be kept around children. My granddaughter (who lived with us at the time, with her mother) spoke right up and said "my grandfather keeps his locked up, and says that the danger is not understanding them".

Yeah, she got ice cream that night.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TVGuy »

ScooterSissy wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
ScooterSissy wrote:
rbwhatever1 wrote:Good Legislation. We also need to do something about teachers asking kids about guns as well since we are on the subject of intrusion into the Family by outside sources. The red herring here is that we need any firearms Legislation at all. But we do and we all know why.

Has nothing to do with the 1st Amendment. If one wishes to voluntarily talk about guns with his doctor one is free to do so. Hello Doctor Jones how are you? I have 47 guns in my house. Did you write that down? 47 right? Good...
My daughter and granddaughter lived with us until recently, The granddaughter is 11. My daughter told me a few days ago (this happened after they moved to their own place) that her daughter's teacher asked if there was a gun in the house. She answered no, since my daughter doesn't have one. 6 months ago, she would have answered yes.

My daughter didn't know the question was going to be asked until after the fact. Even though she didn't have a gun, she's mad, and still deciding what to do about it.
That would infuriate me as well. Public or private school? Urban or rural?
Suburban school. I don't think it was part of a questionnaire, but more as part of a class discussion about guns. It may have even been totally innocent. For instance, I can see a teacher saying "Guns aren't a problem, as long as they are being handled safely and appropriately. I bet some of you in this class even have guns in your homes"; but, my daughter is kind of sensitive about that one. Last year, same school district but an elementary school instead of the middle school, another teacher stated that guns are too dangerous to be kept around children. My granddaughter (who lived with us at the time, with her mother) spoke right up and said "my grandfather keeps his locked up, and says that the danger is not understanding them".

Yeah, she got ice cream that night.
Sounds like you've taught her well!

Roger Howard
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Roger Howard »

She definitely deserved the ice cream.. Well done. My daughter was taught young as well.

:thumbs2:
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Topic author
K5GU
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K5GU »

FYI. The electronic exchange of health information is in the regulations contained (somewhere) in Obama's health care act (ObamaCare), and I think went into effect as a requirement this year. So I guess to control what gets reported requires legislation of some kind.
In regards to reporting the fact you do or don't have firearms at home and putting that information out on the ether could be risky if bad guys looking for easy victims got that info. Hackers have little trouble hacking into those files and databases..

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10 ... -concerns/
Life is good.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”