FL: Apartment dweller rousts three home invaders

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 1

FL: Apartment dweller rousts three home invaders

Post by ELB »

Neptune Beach FL, back on 14 April.

Three guys break through apartment door intending to rob occupant(s). Occupant fires five shots, hits one of them in the chest. All three flee, apparently joining a fourth person in a couple getaway vehicles. They drop off Mr Chest Wound at a local hospital. Occupant uninjured and uncharged. Warrants out for the robbers.

This is the Neptune Police twitter feed that shows a Ring camera video of the robbers entering (note the sophisticated door entry technique). I can't help it, I laugh every time I watch it. Be sure to turn on the sound, that's a key element.

News story also with vid, and some talking heads: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... olice-say/
USAF 1982-2005

Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: FL: Apartment dweller rousts three home invaders

Post by Paladin »

Looks like about 7 seconds to break in that door. When seconds count police are only minutes away.

Its a good rule of thumb to be ready to make your defense in just a few seconds, as that may be all you have to defend your home.

Glad this ended well. Was hilarious to see the one home invader jump over the rail! :cheers2:
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”