Springfield 1911 TRP Stainless

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
paulbrodt
Posts in topic: 2

Springfield 1911 TRP Stainless

Post by paulbrodt »

So I am ready to buy my first 1911. I will probably stick with my Glock19 9mm for carry. So the 1911 will be more for the pure satisfaction of owning a 1911. After looking for a while now the Springfield TRP Stainless is really making my mouth water. Anyone own this gun or know much about? Or maybe you have a better suggestion.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=27
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
- General George Patton Jr

KinnyLee
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KinnyLee »

The TRPs are excellent 1911s. Only problem once you started collecting them, you can't stop. :lol:

KRM45

Re: Springfield 1911 TRP Stainless

Post by KRM45 »

paulbrodt wrote:So I am ready to buy my first 1911. I will probably stick with my Glock19 9mm for carry. So the 1911 will be more for the pure satisfaction of owning a 1911. After looking for a while now the Springfield TRP Stainless is really making my mouth water. Anyone own this gun or know much about? Or maybe you have a better suggestion.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=27
That looks like a fine choice for your first one!

Diode

Post by Diode »

Can't go wrong with a Springfield Stainless. As Kenny said you can't buy just one. When you decide to carry one look at the Kimber Untra II series. I have one and it's a real good carry gun.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Nice choice for your first. I agree that once you start you can't stop.

Shhhhh! Don't tell LT you are still going to carry a Glock after you get a 1911.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by longtooth »

He shoots that Springer he will set the G in the drawer. Gets a Kimber CDP in any size & he will forget where he laid the Gaa gal glaaa

Below is a private message to paulbrodt.
Sir I am the elected & not self appointed 1911 advocate. :fire Since you are pretty new on the board you do not know the the runnin fun battle some of the G shooters have w/ me because I have a speech impedament (difficulty) & cant say the G word. :banghead:
Between me & you, You have a quality arm in the G. They just dont fit my hand & I cant hit a 3yd trash can lid. :lol:
Laugh along w/ us & cary a 1911.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

135boomer

Post by 135boomer »

You will love that pistol! Two of my four 1911s are Springers. I have an old model Champion which is my primary carry gun and a Trophy Match. They are great.

For what its worth, I agree with LT. It won't be long and you will carry a 1911. Wait and see!

Topic author
paulbrodt

Post by paulbrodt »

I guess the reason I want to stick with the Glock is the higher magazine capacity. I just figured if I ran into a den of MS13 gang members who don't like the way I wear my pants, I might need all 15 rounds.
But I will definately keep an open mind.

Try this LT;
Say Glass, now say Clock, now just put the two together and you got

GLOCK!!!
"Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."
- General George Patton Jr

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Wildscar »

paulbrodt wrote:Try this LT;

GLOCK!!!
Or you get CLASS!!! cause that is what LT is going to tell you to take so you can learn to use a 1911. :lol:

Disclaimer: This was meant to be funny. No malice was intended with this post.
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

moodyamber

Post by moodyamber »

You cant go wrong with a Springfield.I'm actually looking into buying the Springfield 1911A1 GI .45 Champion.You can check out more 1911 advice in the "1911 as a CCW" thread that I started several days ago.

heres the Springfield I want:
http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=16
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans" ~John Lennon

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Wildscar wrote:

GLOCK!!!
Or you get CLASS!!! cause that is what LT is going to tell you to take so you can learn to use a 1911. :lol:

Non received. Man I am outnumbered though. Just tooo old to carry a plastic gun.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

longtooth wrote:
Wildscar wrote:

GLOCK!!!

Non received. Man I am outnumbered though. Just tooo old to carry a plastic gun.
Well Im not exactlly in your corner either since I prefer the Beretta. I just saw an opening and took it. :thumbsup:

Something that might make ya feel better though. If I absolutly had to choose betweeen a Glock or a 1911, I'd choose the 1911. :grumble One of those lesser of two evils kind of thing. ;-)
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Which Baretta do you carry. My wife & Mom have a PX4 Storm & they love em. Mom is about to renew & we went to the range Monday. She kept them all in the 8 ring. Talkin bout son bustin the buttons off his shirt. Let Mom shoot a 250 at 76yrs Baskins wont make a shirt big enough. She is my shootin buddy. :fire :fire

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

longtooth wrote:Mom is about to renew & we went to the range Monday. She kept them all in the 8 ring.
LT, I have a couple of XXL shirts I'll send you after your mom shoots that 250 in tight groups and astounds the other folks in the class. :grin:
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Wildscar

Post by Wildscar »

longtooth wrote:Which Baretta do you carry. My wife & Mom have a PX4 Storm & they love em. Mom is about to renew & we went to the range Monday. She kept them all in the 8 ring. Talkin bout son bustin the buttons off his shirt. Let Mom shoot a 250 at 76yrs Baskins wont make a shirt big enough. She is my shootin buddy. :fire :fire
This one remember. No CHL yet but it won't be long. The hard part will be finding a good holster for it. I might have to look into one of those storms for my Wife. She been showing some curiosity since I brought my 92FS home.

And to keep things on topic that 1911 is a good lookin gun. :roll: however your not going to sell me on one yet. :lol:
Wildscar
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”