Houston home invastion posing as cops

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 1

Houston home invastion posing as cops

Post by rtschl »

Home intruder posing as cop killed in west Houston home invasion, another escaped, deputies say

At least one suspect began firing and may have shot his companion, the second suspect. The second suspect was confirmed dead at the scene," said Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez in a tweet.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/h ... 576892.php
Ron
NRA Member

philip964

Re: Houston home invastion posing as cops

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -run-hcso/

No pay wall.

Geez.

Quite a story.

Two BG’s Kicked in door saying they were police officers wearing body armor.

11:30 pm

Unarmed Son got up to see what the noise was, comes under fire.

BG shoots other BG. He drops his gun and flees. Son picks up gun and kills the BG bad shot.

I think?

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

This type of thing increases the danger of "no knock" warrants tremendously.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:24 pm This type of thing increases the danger of "no knock" warrants tremendously.
No knock warrants increase the danger of no-knock warrants tremendously. Outside of kidnapping, there is no reason for no knock warrants. If there is so little "drug material" that it could quickly be flushed, then its not enough to warrant that type of violence of action. If its a real drug house, then there will be plenty of evidence.

They could also turn off the water at the street before knocking if that really was a concern.

If we are talking FBI HRT in a hostage rescue then sure, because those guys actually train appropriately. But when we're talking about John, Gregg and Joe down at the County Sherriff Office, who think that shooting a 76% on the FBI qual and 82% on the department qual makes them world class, then I'll pass on letting them kick down front doors in my area.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Outside of kidnapping,
AND Weapons of Mass Distruction
there is no reason for no knock warrants.
:biggrinjester:
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

bad guys posing as police is more scary than no knock warrants

imo
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:24 pm This type of thing increases the danger of "no knock" warrants tremendously.
No-knock warrants shouldn’t happen anyway…but yeah, I agree.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:13 pm
:iagree: :iagree: I haven't committed any crimes and if someone kicks in my door and comes rushing in screaming police, I am not going to believe them and will open fire. If it is one of these infamous "no knock" warrants, I am going to likely be killed by the cops. No knock warrants should be declared illegal. I don't give a damn if it does give some drug dealer time to flush his dope. Turn off the darned water before knocking on the door. Problem solved. Cops are armed like Nazi Militia these days so I don't buy the officer safety excuse. Blowing through the door of a drug den is far more likely to create a firearms battle than knocking and saying, "police, we have a warrant". Drug dens are constantly robbed by other bad guys doing home invasion. That alone can inspire them to open fire when the door comes crashing down.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:25 pm
:iagree: :iagree: I haven't committed any crimes and if someone kicks in my door and comes rushing in screaming police, I am not going to believe them and will open fire. If it is one of these infamous "no knock" warrants, I am going to likely be killed by the cops. No knock warrants should be declared illegal. I don't give a damn if it does give some drug dealer time to flush his dope. Turn off the darned water before knocking on the door. Problem solved. Cops are armed like Nazi Militia these days so I don't buy the officer safety excuse. Blowing through the door of a drug den is far more likely to create a firearms battle than knocking and saying, "police, we have a warrant". Drug dens are constantly robbed by other bad guys doing home invasion. That alone can inspire them to open fire when the door comes crashing down.
How about just waiting until the subject heads down to the local Stop 'N Rob for a pack of ciggy-butts, and arresting him in the parking lot, getting his keys, and then just walking right in?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:29 pm
How about just waiting until the subject heads down to the local Stop 'N Rob for a pack of ciggy-butts, and arresting him in the parking lot, getting his keys, and then just walking right in?
Absolutely!!!! Waco turned into a mass murder by the ATF/FBI over this exact failure. They had a warrant for David K's arrest and saw him jogging outside the compound. They didn't arrest him because they wanted to get into the compound using that warrant.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I am curious if the BGs posed as cops because they knew the residents were engaged in some criminal activity.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:36 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:29 pm
Absolutely!!!! Waco turned into a mass murder by the ATF/FBI over this exact failure. They had a warrant for David K's arrest and saw him jogging outside the compound. They didn't arrest him because they wanted to get into the compound using that warrant.
:iagree: :iagree:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”