Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#16

Post by LAYGO » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:08 pm

So they sent some pictures (makes my pictures look like crap). They said this was a new gun & are willing to exchange it. I guess that means I'm out 2 more FFL transfers?

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#17

Post by LAYGO » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:10 pm

SQLGeek wrote:I will strip my Shield that is still NIB down and inspect it tonight to be sure but that amount of wear is not right for a gun straight from the factory.
Could you post photos too? Thanks!
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

OldCannon
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 3047
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am
Location: Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#18

Post by OldCannon » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 pm

LAYGO wrote:So they sent some pictures (makes my pictures look like crap). They said this was a new gun & are willing to exchange it. I guess that means I'm out 2 more FFL transfers?
Is "they" the FFL? If so, they should make arrangements for a no-charge transfer, if they were nice about it.
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#19

Post by LAYGO » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:55 pm

OldCannon wrote:
LAYGO wrote:So they sent some pictures (makes my pictures look like crap). They said this was a new gun & are willing to exchange it. I guess that means I'm out 2 more FFL transfers?
Is "they" the FFL? If so, they should make arrangements for a no-charge transfer, if they were nice about it.
The dealer said they would exchange it. It means I have to have an ffl send it, right? Regardless, I'm still out shipping & 1 more ffl receipt.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

xb12s
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 275
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 am
Location: Clear Lake City, Houston, TX

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#20

Post by xb12s » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:19 pm

My M&P9 FS and M&P40c both looked like that pretty quickly. I can't guess how many rounds it took though -- 100? 250? I'll look at my Shield tonight. It's only been to the range twice yet so far.

How many rounds did you shoot in your range session? If you shot somewhere between 100 and 250 rounds, this could be totally normal wear IMO.

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#21

Post by LAYGO » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:30 pm

xb12s wrote:My M&P9 FS and M&P40c both looked like that pretty quickly. I can't guess how many rounds it took though -- 100? 250? I'll look at my Shield tonight. It's only been to the range twice yet so far.

How many rounds did you shoot in your range session? If you shot somewhere between 100 and 250 rounds, this could be totally normal wear IMO.
I shot about 115 between me & my girl. The pictures I posted were BEFORE we went to the range.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#22

Post by LAYGO » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Update: The dealer is going to send me a shipping label so I'm not out any money on shipping nor do I have to have an FFL send it. I'm going to try to get Tom Hart to handle the FFL this time. Not only is it closer (ended up driving 90 mins! Denton to Burleson), it's $10 for CHL holders (hey! my 1st fringe benefit). I can live with $10 to think I'm getting an ACTUAL new pistol.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25506
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#23

Post by The Annoyed Man » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:52 pm

The XDS comes in 9mm......just sayin' :mrgreen:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#24

Post by LAYGO » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:55 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:The XDS comes in 9mm......just sayin' :mrgreen:
It wouldn't go with my M&P45c/M&P40m/M&P knives (3)!
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#25

Post by LAYGO » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:32 am

Shield is boxed up & on my desk. I hope no one at work figures out an evil gun is at work! :shock: :evil2:

I'm going to find a UPS store & get it on it's merry way at lunch.

Tom Hart has contacted me/seller for the FFL transfer. I'm all ready . . .

Now she has to carry her Bersa again when out.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25506
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#26

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:40 am

LAYGO wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The XDS comes in 9mm......just sayin' :mrgreen:
It wouldn't go with my M&P45c/M&P40m/M&P knives (3)!
Well that's just racism. :lol:

My XDS-45 goes just fine with my XDM-45 Compact 3.8 AND my Full-Sized M&P45 and my CRKT and Kershaw Tanto Blur knives. WE celebrate diversity in our gunsafe. :mrgreen:

"rlol"
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Topic author
LAYGO
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 632
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:18 pm
Location: Cross Roads, TX (Denton Co)

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#27

Post by LAYGO » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:44 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
LAYGO wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The XDS comes in 9mm......just sayin' :mrgreen:
It wouldn't go with my M&P45c/M&P40m/M&P knives (3)!
Well that's just racism. :lol:

My XDS-45 goes just fine with my XDM-45 Compact 3.8 AND my Full-Sized M&P45 and my CRKT and Kershaw Tanto Blur knives. WE celebrate diversity in our gunsafe. :mrgreen:

"rlol"
:) I prefer US Made. Patriotism.
S&W M&P 40 Mid (EDC) - S&W Shields (his/hers) - S&W M&P .45C - S&W 4513TSW .45 (1st Gen, retired to nightstand)
CMMG AR15 w/ACOG
Anderson AR15 pistol w/Aimpoint H1

08/04/2013 CHL class taken - plastic rec'd 08/26! Renewed 2018

User avatar

DoubleJ
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2367
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:29 am
Location: Seattle, Washington

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#28

Post by DoubleJ » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:02 pm

I think it's kinda funny that you took it to the range after having this "issue" with it being "used." I mean, it really *is* used now! :rolll
Enjoy your new gun.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

User avatar

SQLGeek
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:48 am
Location: Richmond, TX

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#29

Post by SQLGeek » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:39 am

LAYGO wrote:
SQLGeek wrote:I will strip my Shield that is still NIB down and inspect it tonight to be sure but that amount of wear is not right for a gun straight from the factory.
Could you post photos too? Thanks!
Sorry I did not get a chance to get photos but I looked at mine and it has less wear than yours but mine has been hand cycled only probably at least a 100-150 times.

I wonder if the dealer sent you a floor model that has been in a display case for a while.
Psalm 91:2

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25506
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Range Report, new (?) M&P Shield 9mm

#30

Post by The Annoyed Man » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:56 pm

LAYGO wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
LAYGO wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The XDS comes in 9mm......just sayin' :mrgreen:
It wouldn't go with my M&P45c/M&P40m/M&P knives (3)!
Well that's just racism. :lol:

My XDS-45 goes just fine with my XDM-45 Compact 3.8 AND my Full-Sized M&P45 and my CRKT and Kershaw Tanto Blur knives. WE celebrate diversity in our gunsafe. :mrgreen:

"rlol"
:) I prefer US Made. Patriotism.
Where was your cellphone, car stereo, tablet, watch made? Ever fire any foreign made ammo (Prvi Partisan, Mondarch [made by Prvi Partisan], Sellier & Bellot, Winchester White Box [some of which is manufactured by Sellier & Bellot], Tula, Wolf, Israeli or Australian made 5.56 NATO, etc., etc., etc.)? Even if you drive an American car, is the engine management system, the sparkplug brand, the tires even American made?

I applaud the patriotism, but the reality is just that we all buy foreign goods sometimes without even thinking about it.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Post Reply

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”