flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flintknapper »

frankie_the_yankee wrote:
longtooth wrote:
flintknapper wrote:
flintknapper wrote: I know this goes against popular opinion, but I think much to much is made of NEVER letting the muzzle cover anything. It just isn't doable even with loaded guns and concealed carry.
Not only that, but what about shoulder rigs?
What would you like to know about them?

I'll be happy to share.
& he is the authority on shoulder rigs on this board. ;-)
Depending on the style, the muzzle of a gun in a shoulder rig is liable to be pointed almost anywhere.

True!
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

KRM45
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KRM45 »

dave_in_austin wrote:Is not knowingly pointing a firearm (loaded or unloaded) at another person a Class A misdemeanor under penal code 22.05(c) (deadly conduct)?
IMO this would be Disorderly Conduct (42.01) at best which would be a class B. You would still have to prove that it was done in a manner calculated to alarm...

dave_in_austin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dave_in_austin »

22.05 explicitly covers pointing a firearm at a person.

22.05(a) says

"(a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly engages in conduct that places another in imminent danger of serious bodily injury."

and 22.05(c) says

"(c) Recklessness and danger are presumed if the actor knowingly pointed a firearm at or in the direction of another whether or not the actor believed the firearm to be loaded."

It would seem to follow from the way I read it then that pointing a firearm (loaded or unloaded) at or in the direction of another would be a deadly conduct violation. Of course a lawyer could twist any meaning he wanted out of it.

1lowlife
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 1lowlife »

Wildscar wrote: If the clerk blew me off as you said he did you I would have to ask to speak with his manager. He would be lucky to have a job after that. But that’s just me. There’s more I want to say but the more I think about it the more I want to drive to this store and let them have it myself. Some might think I am over reacting but when it comes to firearm safety I don’t think that’s possible.
+1 :iagree:

I would never sit still for that kind of nonsense. I would definitely get the store manager involved.
+1 and then some !

I'm sorry, but if anyone pointed a gun at me or my family, unloaded or not, I would have said something.
At least " Hey Ace, don't point that at me or anyone else in here" and would have taken it from there.

Several years ago I got into an argument with a friend. We were at his house and his son was running around with a BB pistol pointing it at anyone and everyone. I told the kid not to play with it or point it at people.
His dad, my friend, said 'it's just a BB gun'. I said 'gun is the key word here'. We ended up leaving. Our friendship has never been the same.
Some people don't get it.
I guess I sound like my dad, "you could put an eye out with that thing".
But he was right, as usual.

I wouldn't buy a gun from Academy anyway, their mark up is way too high.
Although it is a good place to look I guess.
I did look at Benelli shotgun there. The older gentleman that helped me asked me to point the gun towards the rear wall before he ever handed it to me.
I ended up buying a Beretta at my GS for a better price.

Enough of me...................

Return to “Never Again!!”