Witnessed the worst customer service ever in Plano gun shop

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
killerquad
Posts in topic: 4

Witnessed the worst customer service ever in Plano gun shop

Post by killerquad »

OK so I went looking for toys today and as I am looking I noticed a guy thinking about putting a gun on layaway from what I saw. He mentions that he wants it and they fill out the paperwork (all of about 5 lines I guess) and as the guy is looking over the gun he begins to think about it and he tells the salesperson that he really wants to think it over and that he wants to look up more information on the gun and the he would be back and he asks them to set the gun and paperwork aside at least until the close of business. He is told that they can hold the paperwork but that the gun would go back out on the counter. No big deal so far.....as soon as the customer steps out the salesperson goes OFFF!!! He starts dropping "f" bombs left and right, he calls the customer a complete ********* idot who doesnt know ****** about what he wants and that he should go ***** and *** ***** ********* ** ********* ** and continues his rant for what seemed like several minutes all in front of about 10 other customers standing there!!! The other sales people just sat there and were agreeing with him telling him to tear the paperwork up and that they think he was an ********* too. My jaw dropped. I could not believe what I saw and heard. This is a store that has never been strong on customer service skills but WOW! Needless to say that from what I saw today I will not be going back to them again.
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Typical..............

Post by AEA »

Well, there's only 2 in Plano that I know of and either one of them could match what you described!

Frankly, I am not impressed with any salespeople at Gun Shops and even less at Gun Shows!

I do not know what it is that attract the same type of people to become Gun Salesmen.

That is why I do most of my business online. I don't have to put up with bull that way.
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

badkarma56
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Typical..............

Post by badkarma56 »

AEA wrote:That is why I do most of my business online. I don't have to put up with bull that way.
I concur with AEA, my go-to website for firearms is Bud's Gun Shop. I've bought two H&K's and a Sig from them. Nice folks, great prices/inventory, good financing terms, what else could you want? My observation has been that online gun prices are much better than brick and mortar shops 99.9999% of the time. :thumbsup: Same goes for ammo by the way. Heck, I only visit gun shows and real-world shops when I want to physically handle/inspect a weapon, then after handling I order it smooth off the web.

Additionally, buying a gun over the web is mucho easy, the shop just has to ship the firearm to an FFL in order to comply with federal law. I've got a go-to FFL here in Houston that charges $20 for a transfer...works for me.

If you contact Bud's, talk to Gurney, and tell him that I sent you by!

*Lil' Linky: http://www.budsgunshop.com
Online CHL App Completed: 25JUN07
CHL App Packet Received from DPS: 29JUN07
CHL Class: 7JUL07
CHL App Sent to DPS: 9JUL07
DPS Received CHL App: 12JUL07
DPS "Processing App": 25JUL07
DPS "App Completed": 15AUG07
CHL In-Hand: 17AUG07

fadlan12

Post by fadlan12 »

I concur with AEA, my go-to website for firearms is Bud's Gun Shop.

Same here and I use Mooneys Firearms for FFL xfers here in Round Rock.

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

If you're going to nail it down by saying "Plano", please finish it off by telling us which store it was. Either BT or GM, I assume
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

ScubaSigGuy

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

So the saleperson couldn't give the prospective buyer enough information about the firearm for him to comfortably say yes, and he blamed the buyer? Nice.

:banghead:

Maybe some product knowledge and customer service training are in order.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

Had to have been GM. BT waits til the store is empty to trash talk... They put on a big smile while thinking you're an idiot...
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

badkarma56

Post by badkarma56 »

Thank goodness for the inker-net! I really don't see how standard gun shops remain in business with their ridiculous prices.

Case in point, I recently bought a Sig P226 Navy from Bud's for $730. Carter's Country was selling the same pistol for over $1000 :shock:, and they didn't even have the gun in-stock at any of their 4 Houston-area shops. Heck, SigArms' own MSRP for the gun is only $907!

Unless the bureaucrats change the rules to outlaw online gun purchases, I'll probably NEVER buy another gun at a standard gun shop.
Online CHL App Completed: 25JUN07
CHL App Packet Received from DPS: 29JUN07
CHL Class: 7JUL07
CHL App Sent to DPS: 9JUL07
DPS Received CHL App: 12JUL07
DPS "Processing App": 25JUL07
DPS "App Completed": 15AUG07
CHL In-Hand: 17AUG07

mcub

If it will make you feel better

Post by mcub »

I went to Lowe's this morning and picked up 3 1x10x8 and 1 1x8x6. The cashier did her thing, I swiped my card, got my receipt and it said 4 1x10x8's. I complained and was told they where all the same!!!!! .If you've ever purchased lumber youhow stupid that is, they dont even look the close to the same. I had to go to customer service and complain, and that lady told me, well "I don’t know why the computer charged me for four 10x8, but she'd give me credit for the one, but I still had to pay for the 1x8x6 before I could leave with it"

And the retailers wonder why we go to the net to shop.

I know this sounds like gun control, but I wish there was a federal “buy gun by mail license�, I’d get one , just to avoid the lousy retail clerks!!.

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

gmckinl wrote:If you're going to nail it down by saying "Plano", please finish it off by telling us which store it was. Either BT or GM, I assume
Yes it was one of those, and it was already mentioned by someone else on this post.

Scuba I couldn't agree with you more.
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

BrassMonkey

Post by BrassMonkey »

See, it it's not just me, I am not totally unreasonable :-D

killerquad wrote:
gmckinl wrote:If you're going to nail it down by saying "Plano", please finish it off by telling us which store it was. Either BT or GM, I assume
Yes it was one of those, and it was already mentioned by someone else on this post.

Scuba I couldn't agree with you more.
BrassMonkey, that funky monkey....
===========================
Springfield TRP
Glock 22
Glock 21
Walther P22

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

BrassMonkey wrote:See, it it's not just me, I am not totally unreasonable :-D
Sure you are...... but it's not just you :lol: J-K

KBCraig
Banned

Re: If it will make you feel better

Post by KBCraig »

mcub wrote:I know this sounds like gun control, but I wish there was a federal “buy gun by mail license�, I’d get one , just to avoid the lousy retail clerks!!.
Just roll things back to 1968, when there was no such thing as a license for buying or selling guns. Interstate, mail-order, and now the internet... it would be such a strange feeling to experience Liberty and respect for our Constitution again.

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

I think a lot of people are put off from buying online since they just dont know whats involved. I was one of them who had no clue (still dont about most things but that's another story) but thanks to this forum I now know how easy it is. They usually have better prices, same if not better selection, most will ship for 15-20 bucks and you can find an FFL in the FFL section of this forum and most will have special pricing for CHL holders. Even with the credit card fees, shipping fees, and FFL fees you still get a better deal online. The only reason to go to the "brick and mortar" stores over the "click and order" ones is to be able to handle the guns. So from now on I will be doing my purchasing online and if I need to handle the gun I can go check it out at one of the gunshops or simply ask someone here if they have one that you can see or maybe even put a couple of rounds through it, I have seen so many people offer to do this to help others. One of the many great things about this bunch we have here.

stormbringerr

Post by stormbringerr »

i dont know what store you were in killerquad ,it sounds like they hire complete idiots,but its getting like that in a lot of stores ,you get the employees you pay for.or else to get so upset over something like that maybe a little too much of some type of illegal substance using. :evil:
Last edited by stormbringerr on Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
later, Stormbringerr

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
Carl Jung

Return to “Never Again!!”