Automatic Bullet Feed

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
T.O.M.
Posts in topic: 1

Automatic Bullet Feed

Post by T.O.M. » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:52 pm

any one have any experience with a Dillon 1050/650 and a automatic bullet feed any feed back would be appreciated

george

Re: Automatic Bullet Feed

Post by george » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:39 pm

Never tried the bullet feeder, as I mostly use lead (lube jams up the feeder).

My 650 with case feeder and the automatic primer loader is way faster than I need, anyway. Maybe 750-1000 per hour (pistol) by myself. If someone is helping keep primers, powder, and bullets handy, then I get over a thousand per hour.

The guys at Brian Enos forum can tell you anything you want to know regarding all of the bullet feeders available. They shoot lots.
... holding His hand.
NRA endowment member
TSRA life member

txflyer

Re: Automatic Bullet Feed

Post by txflyer » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:46 am

I've got one of the KISS ones on my 1050. Works great. It does speed up the reloading quite a bit.

I've run lead bullets through it without issue. I clean it out every 5000 rounds or so. Most of the time theres not much to clean out. I load in an air conditioned space so the wax stays pretty hard. Also, I use lead bullets that don't have much extra wax on parts of the bullet outside lube groove. I suspect those two conditions help Keep the feeder clean.

Occasionally a bullet will get stuck (jacketed or lead) and I just have to shake the spring tube leading from the collator to the feed die. Happens once every thousand or so feeds.

The most important adjustment I found is making sure there is enough bell on the case mouth. Too little and the bullet doesn't always land in the case correctly. Too much and your stretching the brass too far and it'll wear out faster.

Return to “Reloading Forum”