I PHONE 4 - 16GB verses IPHONE 4 - 32GB

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

jmra
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I PHONE 4 - 16GB verses IPHONE 4 - 32GB

Post by jmra »

AEA wrote:If you are on AT&T, you have the 200mb (VERY LITTLE) data plan.
I do not know what the minimum data plan is for Verizon.

Data is anything that you do via the internet on the iPhone, ANYTHING!

It is a VERY DANGEROUS plan!
200mb is practically no more than using LIMITED email with no attachments.
The iPhone actually uses some data on it's own without your knowledge! It uses some data every night for some unknown reason that AT&T will not explain.

Anything over 200mb at the end of your Monthly Billing Cycle you will be charged additional money, and it's not cheap!

I kinda think you are on Verizon because you said you had the 16gb model phone with 4G. You should get their account usage application and keep up with your data used DAILY! DO NOT go over your plan limit or you will pay thru the nose!

If I were you, limited in knowledge about internet, data consumption, etc., I would be running back to turn in the phone and drop the contract. You are exactly they type of person they like to get their hooks into.

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this Carl.
I was under the impression that none of the iPhones were 4g. If I remember correctly apple said that 4g would have been a complete redesign that was too expensive at the time they released the Verizon model. They suggested a future model might be 4g.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-11/tech ... _s=PM:TECH
Last edited by jmra on Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

They will not have to honor the two year contract?

AEA
Posts in topic: 13

Post by AEA »

If your contract says unlimited (in writing - check it) then I would guess they should honor it and the removal of the unlimited sometime this summer would affect only new customers after that time.

But the problem with Cell Phone Providers is they can do just about anything they want to you at anytime.

I put it akin to Organized Crime (Mafia) and Insurance Companies!
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

AEA

Post by AEA »

jmra wrote: I was under the impression that none of the iPhones were 4g. If I remember correctly apple said that 4g would have been a complete redesign that was too expensive at the time they released the Verizon model. They suggested a future model might be 4g.
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-01-11/tech ... _s=PM:TECH
I believe you are correct.
"4G" is a marketing acronym they like to throw around pretty loosely. It is a valid signal change, but it is only available in select large Urban areas. I assume it is available in DFW, but as you say, the iPhone4 does not have this capability.
1911's RULE!

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 5

Post by RottenApple »

To date there is not a 4G iPhone. I'm hoping that the next iPhone (whenever that gets announced) will be LTE compatible.

FYI, despite what carrier marketers have labeled their networks as, there's no such thing as a 4G network at this time. Some carriers are installing LTE (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc) and/or WiMAX over Cellular (Sprint, Clear, etc), but these are not 4G networks in and or themselves. At best you could call them "3.5G". Heck, the companies that make up the standards committee are still arguing over what 4G standards will be! Sorry to disappoint anyone out there with a "4G" phone.

wagnerm
Posts in topic: 1

Post by wagnerm »

Get the 16GB one if you're willing to pay $149.00 on AT&T's iPhone 4. It actually contains more space than I though it would be. One song should be about 5 Megabytes. So that's about 200 songs in 1GB.
But if you need a lot of space, which I don't think you will need, go ahead. It will leave room for many apps. I recommend this if you are a complete power gamer or if you just need to squeeze every app out onto the phone. It'll cost you about $100.00 to get this though.
Apps? Yes you just pay for it and you're over with it. You can delete it, and get the app again for free, so you just have to pay once.
Moisture measurement solutions and hand-held moisture meter lines for your wood or concrete moisture problems.

AEA

Post by AEA »

Your a bit late....by about two Months!
He already has his phone!
1911's RULE!

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”