Photos

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
ANG201
Posts in topic: 1

Photos

Post by ANG201 »

How do you post a photo? I wish it were as easy as uploading on fb. I went to "upload attachment", then, "add image", but the site tells me something like, " to many kb". There are similar photos all over this forum so I know there isn't anything wrong with my photo.
GEORGE WASHINGTON-"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains EVIL interference."

gigag04

Re: Photos

Post by gigag04 »

You have to host the photo offsite somewhere if it is one of your own personal photos. Imageshack is a popular hosting site, but there are many to choose from. Upload your photo there, and it will give you a direct link (don't use the BB code link in my opinion). Copy the direct link, or URL, of the newly uploaded photo and past it between the image tags. It should look like this:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.imageshack.us/uploaded_photo_url.jpg[/img]
Where "http://www.imageshack.us/uploaded_photo_url.jpg" is actually the link to your file. This way the image is hosted "off site" and does not take up server space of forum servers.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Wes

Post by Wes »

That error means the photo size is too big, if you are using windows use mspaint to resize it slightly and try again.
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

The Dude

Post by The Dude »

The instructions said "Maximum dimensions; width: 80 pixels, height: 80 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB." I followed those rules and it uploaded easy.

Abide.
ABIDE

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

The Dude wrote:The instructions said "Maximum dimensions; width: 80 pixels, height: 80 pixels, file size: 6.00 KiB." I followed those rules and it uploaded easy.

Abide.
That's the maximum size for Avatars only. I believe the OP wants to add a photo to his post.

Fire1141

Post by Fire1141 »

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... 182949.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Think that will work. Let me know

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”