Wgoforth

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Wgoforth

Post by carlson1 »

Good news. I have 10 stents and a by-pass, but he is a trooper and will recover quickly and healthy.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

Continued prayers
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

continued prayers, any update?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

He is home breathing better.
About all I know.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

sounds better
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

SewTexas wrote:sounds better
:iagree: Continued prayers for Wayne.
NRA Endowment Member

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RPB »

WildBill wrote:
SewTexas wrote:sounds better
:iagree: Continued prayers for Wayne.
ditto :iagree:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

Good to know. Glad that they took him somewhere besides Brownwood Regional. With the heart, you need the best you can get to.

I'm wishing for his continued progress.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 6

Post by wgoforth »

Hey guys! Sorry, I had not been seeing this on here or I would have followed up. I was diagnosed with high blood pressure in July. Started having breathing problems in August and the Drs thought it was the blood pressure medicine. Sept, I started having some chest pain and Drs did an EKG and said it was some heart issues, not bad but need to watch it. A week and a half ago I went to the Dr with a chest episode and he ran an EKG and bloodwork and said it was worse, I needed to see a cardiologist. Then last Fri I had an episode and went to the ER in Brownwood. They deemed I was beyond what they could do and sent me via ambulance to Abilene Regional. I was there Fri-Tues. On Mon they did a heart cath/angioplasty and 2 stents. the LAD was 100% blocked and the RCA was 50% by genetics (born with it small). Am feeling better, at least I can breath now. The 100% blocking of the LAD is what causes the "widow maker" so don't wait when you have symptoms! I am now on half a dozen meds I guess I'll be on for life.
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

it's great to see you on here! and feeling well enough be on here!

I know enough from working with my father-in-law and all of his medical issues, that you probably won't need to be on all of those meds forever, they've got you on those for now to help you stabilize. I don't know your issues and I don't play a doc on TV, but you may be able to come out of this with just a couple/three meds, for the heart/bp issues. Just relax for now, heal up, and let the current meds and our prayers do their job.

Blessings,
~Tracy

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

SewTexas wrote:it's great to see you on here! and feeling well enough be on here!

I know enough from working with my father-in-law and all of his medical issues, that you probably won't need to be on all of those meds forever, they've got you on those for now to help you stabilize. I don't know your issues and I don't play a doc on TV, but you may be able to come out of this with just a couple/three meds, for the heart/bp issues. Just relax for now, heal up, and let the current meds and our prayers do their job.

Blessings,
:iagree: :thumbs2:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

SewTexas wrote:it's great to see you on here! and feeling well enough be on here!

Blessings,
Thanks, that sounds better!
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

wgoforth wrote:... I am now on half a dozen meds I guess I'll be on for life....
I had that same procedure and stent done seven years ago the morning after I died in a St. Lukes Comunity Emergency Center. Afterwards, the same number of medicines. Now I take one. Be good to yourself and have patience. With time you will be much better, feel stronger, and have better test numbers. Eventually I bet your doctor will be able to drop some of those medicines.

Congratulations on being a survivor!
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

sugar land dave wrote:
wgoforth wrote:... I am now on half a dozen meds I guess I'll be on for life....
I had that same procedure and stent done seven years ago the morning after I died in a St. Lukes Comunity Emergency Center. Afterwards, the same number of medicines. Now I take one. Be good to yourself and have patience. With time you will be much better, feel stronger, and have better test numbers. Eventually I bet your doctor will be able to drop some of those medicines.

Congratulations on being a survivor!
How long till your leg quit hurting? If I am up on it for any length of time, it gets painful. Did you continue to have angina after the stents or did it stop immediately afterwards? They weren't able to clear the RCA that was 50% blocked, so I am wondering if that is going to have to be addressed before I feel normal again.
NRA Life Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I had an 80-90% blockage of my LAD about 8 years ago and about 40-50% blockage in a secondary artery. They put a stent in the LAD. Didn't do anything with the secondary. I felt much better immediately afterward. However, I continue to have angina occassionally. My cardiologist believes it is from the secondary.

I don't recall my leg hurting for an extended period beyond a couple of days. I too have been able to reduce the medications down to prescribed meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. I also take a baby aspirin daily.

Realize you are a blessed man as many do not survive a 100% blockage of the LAD. I had a friend drop dead from a heart attack from an LAD blockage. He was 47 and appeared to be in good health. I too feel very blessed and thankful.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”