Wgoforth

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

mojo84 wrote:I had an 80-90% blockage of my LAD about 8 years ago and about 40-50% blockage in a secondary artery. They put a stent in the LAD. Didn't do anything with the secondary. I felt much better immediately afterward. However, I continue to have angina occassionally. My cardiologist believes it is from the secondary.

I don't recall my leg hurting for an extended period beyond a couple of days. I too have been able to reduce the medications down to prescribed meds for blood pressure and cholesterol. I also take a baby aspirin daily.

Realize you are a blessed man as many do not survive a 100% blockage of the LAD. I had a friend drop dead from a heart attack from an LAD blockage. He was 47 and appeared to be in good health. I too feel very blessed and thankful.
I do feel blessed for sure! Just a tad concerned that I am continuing to experience symptoms and wondering if they should address the other.
Thanks!
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

I would encourage you to get a second opinion as it could never hurt and the conclusion may be they need to go ahead and do something. If they don't need to address it at this time, it may at least give you peace of mind.

My sister has had just about as rough a time with recurring Coronary Artery Disease as anyone I know. I bet she has had 25 or so angiograms, around 18 angioplasties and I think 13 or 14 stents (it's getting hard to keep count). Even when the doctors tell her her arteries are open and all should be well for a time, she still has significant angina. It makes it difficult to determine when she is having just angina or if it is related to a blockage. The poor girl has learned if the nitro doesn't resolve or reduce the pain when she takes it, it's time to head in to the ER. Makes for a tough situation. Hopefully, you will not have to deal with this type of issue.

Hang in there and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

As it trned out I had to be flown to Abilene last Wed and have another stent placed in the RCA. Interestingly that even though they had already put in 2 stents in the LAD prior, it was this RCA that was giving the symptoms though it had relatively minor blocking (50%). Which that was a good thing as without it, we would not have known I had 100% blockage of the LAD until perhaps too late!
Thankful for providencial care.
Wayne
NRA Life Member
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

heavens! I was wondering what had happened to you! I sure hope you're on your way to a full recovery now!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

wgoforth

Post by wgoforth »

SewTexas wrote:heavens! I was wondering what had happened to you! I sure hope you're on your way to a full recovery now!
Seem to be now! Thanks a bunch.
NRA Life Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Good to hear you are doing better. Hope this takes care of things for a long time to come.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Keith B »

mojo84 wrote:Good to hear you are doing better. Hope this takes care of things for a long time to come.
:iagree: My father-in-law had to have a quadruple bypass. After the initial recovery he said he felt better than he had in years!! :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”