Businesses Who Support CHL and Open Carry

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
sass2924
Posts in topic: 1

Businesses Who Support CHL and Open Carry

Post by sass2924 »

Is there any place that lists friendly businesses? I know if they're not posted its ok but how about business that openly support carrying? Since being here I have seen one restaurant that has a sign welcoming concealed carry. I would like to be able to support them also.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: Businesses Who Support CHL and Open Carry

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I haven't seen such a list, but one may exist. I actually hope a list is not created as it will be used by Bloomberg's gaggle of liars to target those businesses for harassment.

Chas.

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

If they aren't posted and you're concealed carrying properly you'll never know if they are friendly or not. :lol:

Taypo
Banned

Post by Taypo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I haven't seen such a list, but one may exist. I actually hope a list is not created as it will be used by Bloomberg's gaggle of liars to target those businesses for harassment.

Chas.
Exactly. Don't do their homework for them.

Glockster
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Glockster »

If you have an iPhone you can use an app called 2A Friendly which does just that -- lists businesses that are 2A friendly. It works like the 30.06 site except we get to report those businesses who are the ones that range from not posted to open actively support. I don't know if there is an Android version or not.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RetNavy »

i use an app called Posted. can show both anti gun and gun friendly places around your location... rellies on user input to keep it current, plus has a link to another site called CCW laws... for me using that... any place that as a BLUE TABC sign I add as a pro gun friendly sight

ETA: another thing i add is a business that has a GunBuster sign as anti gun friendly..... but then in the comments i add that CHL can carry because it is not a valid sign
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Glockster wrote:If you have an iPhone you can use an app called 2A Friendly which does just that -- lists businesses that are 2A friendly. It works like the 30.06 site except we get to report those businesses who are the ones that range from not posted to open actively support. I don't know if there is an Android version or not.
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but just in the Texas section there are several huge mistakes. It says a "no gun" sign is enforceable and it says "open carry" is legal with license. OC is not legal until January and the "no gun" sign of course you no is not valid.

That alone makes me nervous to use this especially out of State. It cost me a $1.99 to figure that out too. :nono:

RetNavy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RetNavy »

carlson1 wrote:
Glockster wrote:If you have an iPhone you can use an app called 2A Friendly which does just that -- lists businesses that are 2A friendly. It works like the 30.06 site except we get to report those businesses who are the ones that range from not posted to open actively support. I don't know if there is an Android version or not.
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but just in the Texas section there are several huge mistakes. It says a "no gun" sign is enforceable and it says "open carry" is legal with license. OC is not legal until January and the "no gun" sign of course you no is not valid.

That alone makes me nervous to use this especially out of State. It cost me a $1.99 to figure that out too. :nono:

just d/l the free version of it and it says i'm in Kansas.... cant change states at all
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

carlson1 wrote:

No worries as that is not bad news for me.

I myself use the app to see if someone is listed as friendly or not, and that is of course as accurate as the user input. I wouldn't use any app to learn the law as I'd instead go to the actual laws or at least a site that specializes in tracking the laws (and there are plenty of those). I did just now check on a dozen or so places close to me and each one was accurately listed. So this meets my need of knowing before the door, just fine. YMMV.

FYI - I've always used the app, but apparently they also have a website and I was able to look up locations for free:
2afriendly.com

But as for the laws, I see that TX OC is NOT yet green on the site so am guessing that perhaps that's the reason. But on the Texas page they have two buttons- State Laws (which takes you to the DPS page) and External Reference (which takes you to the NRA-ILA page). It also has a link to click to submit anything that is incorrect or out of date, AND it has a direct phone number to call for a Texas state rep for the same purpose.

I see that they do have an Android version as well.

ADDED: I just rechecked the Apple Store and they do still have the free version if you don't want to pay the $1.99 to remove ads and such.
Last edited by Glockster on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

RetNavy wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

just d/l the free version of it and it says i'm in Kansas.... cant change states at all
Not sure what trouble you're having as it doesn't ask me to input where I am but instead asks to use my location through that feature of my phone. I okay'd that and it located me exactly with no trouble at all. Are you on Android?
NRA Life Member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”