CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Church group dynamic training range?

Post by C-dub »

Good morning all.

A friend of mine is a member of his church's "security" team. They have a LEO of some sort (local, state, or federal) that helps them out or is in charge of their training. They do various scenarios at their church with those involved. I'm not quite sure just how involved it is yet. I've been asked to help portray a bad guy to get someone else, a stranger to them, involved, but I haven't been available when they were going to do that yet.

It seems they are looking for a range that will allow them to do more than most ranges will allow. They are over in Tarrant County and would like to be able to draw and shoot and shoot while moving and have more than one target. I'm not sure why the LEO involved can't search out and arrange for this, but I told my friend I would ask here. They are fully insured and unless required, would not need any assistance from any range personnel.

My club could host such an event, but is 1.5+ hours away from them east of Dallas. And that's if I could get board approval for such an event.

Are any of ya'll aware of a location in the western half of the DFW area?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Church group dynamic training range?

Post by AJSully421 »

ETTS down near Maypearl. You rent a 50x50y bay and can shoot 180 and can pretty much do whatever you want in there, within reason.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

suthdj

Post by suthdj »

21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

Those are two great suggestions!

Thank you.

Keep them coming if anyone else knows of other places.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

flowrie

Post by flowrie »

Former NRA Life Member
1911 fan

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”