Ninja gathering at Red Lobster...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Would 5 - 15 college kids dressed like ninjas at Red Lobster in New Braunfels be a bad idea?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 44

WarHawk-AVG
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Ninja gathering at Red Lobster...

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

It would be a bad idea ONLY if Red Lobster was having its pirate convention at the same time!

Ninjas are Pirates arch nemisis...things would go from bad to worse real quick!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_versus_Ninjas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

atxgun
Posts in topic: 4

Post by atxgun »

WarHawk-AVG wrote:It would be a bad idea ONLY if Red Lobster was having its pirate convention at the same time!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_versus_Ninjas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well we are dealing with CHL ninja's here. Are pirate encounters a defense to prosecution?

agbullet2k1
Posts in topic: 4

Post by agbullet2k1 »

atxgun wrote:
WarHawk-AVG wrote:It would be a bad idea ONLY if Red Lobster was having its pirate convention at the same time!

Well we are dealing with CHL ninja's here. Are pirate encounters a defense to prosecution?
CHL does not authorize use of katanas, throwing stars, bos, bows, juttes, nunchakus, or knives with blades exceeding 5.5". It does however allow use of the handgun to prevent looting, pillaging, arson, and other pirate-like swashbuckling behavior which may result in serious bodily injury or death.

/not a lawyer, etc.....
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

Going to any restaurant is a bad idea on Valentine Day.
"hic sunt dracones"

Topic author
Fangs
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Fangs »

Hehe, I think I'll go with a video camera and a call ahead to the management.

And now that we're on the topic:

-WARNING - There's some bad language at the end, but the rest is pretty 10 year old friendly ->

http://videos.streakr.com/ninjapirates.htm
"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

If I saw a table full of ninjas I might be in fear for my life :shock: ... We all know what that means :fire

:evil2:

Bunkins

Post by Bunkins »

"rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol" "rlol"

Funny stuff :lol:

pedalman

Post by pedalman »

agbullet2k1 wrote: CHL does not authorize use of katanas, throwing stars, bos, bows, juttes, nunchakus, or knives with blades exceeding 5.5". It does however allow use of the handgun to prevent looting, pillaging, arson, and other pirate-like swashbuckling behavior which may result in serious bodily injury or death.
Note to pirates:

First, you pillage. THEN you burn!

kd5zex

Post by kd5zex »

I didn't know we had a Red Lobster in New Braunfels...

ETA: Quick story

A few (7) of my buddies and I all had typical "grunge" hairdos in high school (about a shoulder length square on the top of the head and shaved everywhere else). One day we decided to fix our hair in mohawks and go to cicis pizza. We used about 30 cans of hairspray and somehow an iron was involved. It turned out rather disappointing, all we got were a few giggles from kiddies, some strange looks and a couple head shakes.

Have fun at the Lobster!
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

Bart

Post by Bart »

How did it go? I hope you didn't start a surf and turf war with the pirates!
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Bart wrote:How did it go? I hope you didn't start a surf and turf war with the pirates!
What happened? I went there, but I didn't see anybody. :???:
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
Fangs
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Fangs »

Uneventful... here are some pics though:

"When I was a kid, people who did wrong were punished, restricted, and forbidden. Now, when someone does wrong, all of the rest of us are punished, restricted, and forbidden. The one who did the wrong is counselled and "understood" and fed ice cream." - speedsix

longhorn_92

Post by longhorn_92 »

Fangs wrote:Uneventful... here are some pics though:

Ok..

I must admit, that looks funny! Good Job. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:

No wierd looks? No comments from the staff?.....

I wish I had been there to watch.... :cheers2:
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

G.C.Montgomery

Post by G.C.Montgomery »

Fangs wrote:One of my friends wants to plan a ninja gathering at Red Lobster on Valentine's day. Basically, everyone dresses up like a ninja and then goes to eat.

Now my first thought was: Hehe, that sounds kinda fun.

My second thought was: But it's a bad idea... a bunch of people in ninja suits. Public disturbance, CHLers...

My third thought was to ask you guys. Good / bad idea?
If you are all covering your faces, I'd be inclined to leave the restaurant and advise the management of suspicious behavior. Even if you aren't covering your faces, I would still assume you are a bunch of stupid people, doing stupid things in a stupid place...Violating all three rules simultaneously usually gets you arrested, hurt or both. Either way, I'd consider it a bad idea and would leave the restaurant so that I am not around when Barney Fife and/or Joe Sixpack w/CHL suddenly gets twitchy at the site of 5-15 guys in "Ninja" gear.
When you take the time out of your day to beat someone, it has a much longer lasting effect on their demeanor than simply shooting or tazing them.

G. C. Montgomery, Jr.

Morgan

Post by Morgan »

I must have been in theatre too long, I'd look at it and say, "Wow, a bunch of kids being silly, dressed up like ninjas at a restaurant." Seriously.

Of course, I do medieval re-creation activities and I've gone to plenty of restaurants dressed in clothing from anywhere from 1100 to 1600 as well... not because I thought it would be fun or silly, but because I didn't have time to change, and needed to eat.

Return to “Off-Topic”