New conveyance to get to the range

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 6

New conveyance to get to the range

Post by powerboatr »

Saturday we traded the 2021 F250 in on a 2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
not bore the details, but with crazy trade ins like they are, i got paid to drive the 250 for the last year enough to cover all insurance, fuel and maintenance the last 12 months. had 7300 miles on her. but she was more truck than we needed right now .
our dealer honored X plan, which is rare these days and PCO from ford made the deal sweet

plus the new cow smell inside makes the cake
Attachments
shrink 2.jpg
20220424_103030 shrink.jpg
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New conveyance to get to the range

Post by Teamless »

I did just about the same thing 6 weeks ago
2021 Silverado LTZ Z71 with 13,000 miles
For a 2022 GMC Sierra Denali

The trade in value was almost exactly what I paid for it
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Teamless wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:58 pm I did just about the same thing 6 weeks ago
2021 Silverado LTZ Z71 with 13,000 miles
For a 2022 GMC Sierra Denali

The trade in value was almost exactly what I paid for it
aint it great, got nearly 5k more for old truck than the cost of new one. i told my wife i got paid seat time :anamatedbanana
the free cash from ford put us way over . i laughed a the taxes as they were less than 100 dollars
plus its easier for us old knees to get in.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Y’all done made me curious. I got a text from my dealer a few days ago wanting to offer to buy my Jeep Wrangler. For giggles I got a quote and it’s worth about 4k more than I owe. I’ve only been paying on it for 16 months. Unfortunately selling a car right now is like selling a house. Great prices but newer ones are too.

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:29 pm Y’all done made me curious. I got a text from my dealer a few days ago wanting to offer to buy my Jeep Wrangler. For giggles I got a quote and it’s worth about 4k more than I owe. I’ve only been paying on it for 16 months. Unfortunately selling a car right now is like selling a house. Great prices but newer ones are too.
yep 100%
i had a few reasons to jump now
i have been watching this truck for a few months and it has been sitting since feb on this dealers lot and was on another s in nov to feb. they did a dealer trade for something
I use X plan so it saves me a good bit of dollars off msrp
the 2021 f250 i didn't get to use x plan because that dealer was not doing it because of inventory and prices. but i was a long time customer so they worked a cool deal to beat x plan by giving me a considerable uptick on the 2016 KR expedition i traded in on it.
so it took a 77k truck down to 69k
left me just over 30k to finance, got a great 2.4 with bb&T.
so i was watching this new one , wife never drove the 250, it was considerably higher, even with running boards and it was getting worse for her to get in or out of.
fuel cost will be about same as the 6.7 was getting 19 in town and 23 on highway at texas speeds.
but it was also not a King Ranch and i am King Ranch truck guy, i have had many.
so i started eyeballing trucks with options i wanted and made calls to find X plan participating dealers, of which around here are only a few.
friday i get an email from the dealer with the king ranch and i asked if he had changed to honoring x plan? BOOM he said heck yeah.
i also had private cash offer form ford for 2500 to use on or how ever i liked and 500 for being a farm buruea guy and another 500 if i used ford credit
so he looked at the 250 and we met in the middle of what i wanted for it and got the new truck for much less than they gave me in trade.
so it ran down to again just under 30 to finance.
insurance went up 4 dollars per 6 months, fuel usage will be a wash and i get much more comfort massaging seats, adaptive cruise, lane centering, prep for hands free blue cruise, 4x4 and tons more safety stuff than the 250. ride is a bit better but not that much as the 250 really rode great for 8k lb 4x4 crew cab, i made several 12 hr drives and felt great.

now wife is happier :tiphat: truck sits few inches lower and running boards drop lower upon entry. COW smell of leather, and a more sensible truck for our needs, and i have never been known as conservative or sensible in regards to vehicles.
funny thing is i had kept the 250, it was getting some a cap and better tires and a winch next winch. so i saved money :anamatedbanana

the way the market is, if you can find a replacement at a great price and get good return on the trade...its a good decision.
i feel next year this time, recession will have set in and housing will come down.
around here we all got our 2023 tax bills, folks freaked out and had conniptions, ours tripled over last year as did many around here . so these weekenders will be selling off next year and prices will have settled , it will be time to buy . at real worth vice this inflated rate presently at the lake. we are set for the worst, no mortgage and now just a truck for debt. it is time to buy another 1911

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

Two years ago I traded in my 280,000 mile, 20-year old F150 for a ‘17 Nissan Titan XD diesel. It was a good buy, and I liked it, but I didn’t think it would have the longevity of my previous truck, given that I regularly towed 3/4 of its capacity.

A month ago I traded for a ‘22 F350 diesel long bed, and I couldn’t be happier. With the high cost of used trucks vs the good rates I get at USAA, I did better buying new this time around, and I’m now towing about 1/3 of its capacity.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Vol Texan wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:51 pm Two years ago I traded in my 280,000 mile, 20-year old F150 for a ‘17 Nissan Titan XD diesel. It was a good buy, and I liked it, but I didn’t think it would have the longevity of my previous truck, given that I regularly towed 3/4 of its capacity.

A month ago I traded for a ‘22 F350 diesel long bed, and I couldn’t be happier. With the high cost of used trucks vs the good rates I get at USAA, I did better buying new this time around, and I’m now towing about 1/3 of its capacity.
thats really great. used prices are very strange.
and it seems like banks are looking for those with over 800 credit because rates are very very low
its the time to swap if you find a vehicle that suits your needs and budgets. my folks got a super deal on their 14 edge and got a new maverick at x plan from when they ordered it last year. they really like it ALOT
i really liked the 250, but it was way more truck than we needed, especially so since we dont tow the STUFF to the pig lease anymore.
a side plus is both the 150 and edge are four down towable so we can take either one with us when we travel in the bus, so was the 250 but at 8k lbs its a big TOAD :biggrinjester:

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vol Texan »

powerboatr wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm
Vol Texan wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:51 pm Two years ago I traded in my 280,000 mile, 20-year old F150 for a ‘17 Nissan Titan XD diesel. It was a good buy, and I liked it, but I didn’t think it would have the longevity of my previous truck, given that I regularly towed 3/4 of its capacity.

and it seems like banks are looking for those with over 800 credit because rates are very very low
its the time to swap if you find a vehicle that suits your needs and budgets. my folks got a super deal on their 14 edge and got a new maverick at x plan from when they ordered it last year. they really like it ALOT
i really liked the 250, but it was way more truck than we needed, especially so since we dont tow the STUFF to the pig lease anymore.
a side plus is both the 150 and edge are four down towable so we can take either one with us when we travel in the bus, so was the 250 but at 8k lbs its a big TOAD :biggrinjester:
Yeah, you are right about the rates. I was rocking’ an 825 for the first time in a long time, and the rate came down proportionally. I was looking at 250s, but the price differential was so small, I couldn’t justify it. I did NOT want all the bells and whistles of the ‘up-package’ trim, but I did want a few of the nice features. I got very lucky and found a truck that had been pre-ordered with the down package trim plus just the features I was looking for added in. Someone had ordered it and backed out, so it was available and ticked all the boxes I was looking for. It was the grace of God that I found this one, and my family is happy with it.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

Vol Texan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:28 pm
powerboatr wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:38 pm

Yeah, you are right about the rates. I was rocking’ an 825 for the first time in a long time, and the rate came down proportionally. I was looking at 250s, but the price differential was so small, I couldn’t justify it. I did NOT want all the bells and whistles of the ‘up-package’ trim, but I did want a few of the nice features. I got very lucky and found a truck that had been pre-ordered with the down package trim plus just the features I was looking for added in. Someone had ordered it and backed out, so it was available and ticked all the boxes I was looking for. It was the grace of God that I found this one, and my family is happy with it.
we went to the small rodeo (barrels and agility) in winnsboro last night
i passed my 250 sitting in the dealer lot, had bird poop all over it. it made me sort of weird feeling. she never sat dirty
lots of super duties and horse trailers at rodeo.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail that I bought new in March of 2015. Paid cash. Out the door, it was a touch over $39k. Today, I wish I had paid the extra for the TRD Pro version (another $6k-$7k out the door). I don’t think a diesel option was even offered back then, although I believe there’s one now. Had there been one back then, I might well have bought a diesel.

I console myself knowing that this vehicle, like most Toyotas, is going to be good for 350K+ miles as long as I change the oil regularly. But the towing capacity is only 4700 lbs, so that limits the size of the trailer we can tow. My Jayco Hummingbird 17RK has an all up weight of 3750 lbs, and I haven’t towed it very much; but it’s a small trailer and if I’d been able to tow something a lot bigger, I’d have used it more.

So at this point, I want a diesel, but can’t afford one right now. KBB says my dealer trade in value is $31.5K (with about 41k miles on the clock), and private party value is a little higher than that. The one I’d like to replace it with starts at $52k…and that’s with a gas motor. So if I ever do replace my 4Runner, I’ll likely buy an American truck. Modern trucks with full sized rear seating are about as nice inside as any car. I once delivered a 2020 F250 Powerstroke Tremor from Ft Worth to OKC, and it was delicious. 475 HP and 1050 ft lbs of torque will tow almost anything you want, and the tremor package will tow it almost anywhere you want to. But the one I drove was priced at about $75K…way more than I can afford.

One can dream.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:19 am I have a 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail that I bought new in March of 2015. Paid cash. Out the door, it was a touch over $39k. Today, I wish I had paid the extra for the TRD Pro version (another $6k-$7k out the door). I don’t think a diesel option was even offered back then, although I believe there’s one now. Had there been one back then, I might well have bought a diesel.

I console myself knowing that this vehicle, like most Toyotas, is going to be good for 350K+ miles as long as I change the oil regularly. But the towing capacity is only 4700 lbs, so that limits the size of the trailer we can tow. My Jayco Hummingbird 17RK has an all up weight of 3750 lbs, and I haven’t towed it very much; but it’s a small trailer and if I’d been able to tow something a lot bigger, I’d have used it more.

So at this point, I want a diesel, but can’t afford one right now. KBB says my dealer trade in value is $31.5K (with about 41k miles on the clock), and private party value is a little higher than that. The one I’d like to replace it with starts at $52k…and that’s with a gas motor. So if I ever do replace my 4Runner, I’ll likely buy an American truck. Modern trucks with full sized rear seating are about as nice inside as any car. I once delivered a 2020 F250 Powerstroke Tremor from Ft Worth to OKC, and it was delicious. 475 HP and 1050 ft lbs of torque will tow almost anything you want, and the tremor package will tow it almost anywhere you want to. But the one I drove was priced at about $75K…way more than I can afford.

One can dream.
agree the 450 hp and 1k ft lbs of tq it really was a great ride, it was just to much more of a truck than we needed, i love the crew cab roominess.
150 and super duty share the same cab except for rear wall, have no idea what is different. but it seems more roomier than the super duty..
our rear seat stays up almost all the time so dog has a nice place to hang out, in fact the 250 i cant remember ever having rear seat down but one time
my 2002 f350 had a rear bench seat, real comfy but it sat in the garage just about all the time as well
the 150 has only 9k of towing, but my hauler trailer is gvwr of 12k ..it only gets wood and lowes stuff now days

but wife mentioned a boat last night. :woohoo
i see lots of co signed nice ones on the web. low hrs..i guess gas has shut em down.

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Three years ago, I bought a 2018 Ram 1500. It was listed for $37,000 and with rebates and discounts I paid $31,000 before subtracting my trade in. This past February I traded it for a 2022 Ram 1500 and was allowed $30,000 after driving 24,000 miles. I paid a difference of $13,000 on the new truck.
Charlie

Return to “Off-Topic”