Cornyn is at it Again

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Cornyn is at it Again

Post by anygunanywhere »

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

LDB415

Re: Cornyn is at it Again

Post by LDB415 »

He's more and more just a RINO. I'll be voting for someone else at the next opportunity. I've just called and told them so. I hope so many more people do the same he rethinks his foolishness.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

GOP's new motto.... "Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory".

By what Calculus do these morons think that stirring the Amnesty pot will improve their already stellar chances for the mid-terms?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I sent him my note of disapproval. I hope y’all will do the same.

https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/node/5853
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Here is the message I sent to Senator Cornyn:
Dear Senator Cornyn:

It has come to my attention that you are reported to be in talks with the Democrats to give amnesty to illegal aliens, in some as-yet unknown quantity. In this time of crisis at our southern border, there should be ZERO give on the subject of immigration. President Ronald Reagan, may he rest in peace, made a serious mistake believing that the Democrats would honor their pledge to secure the border if President Reagan assisted a "one-time amnesty". Obviously, that did not happen. At a time when so many Americans are without work, and our economy is reeling from the terrible policy decisions of the Biden administration, in conjunction with Nancy Pelosi's House Democrats and Charles Schumer's Senate Democrats, giving citizenship to more folks who broke the laws would be like salt in an open wound. As a decades-long Republican voter, and one that has voted for you as well, I urge you to reconsider any ideas of brokering or engaging in any deal with the Democrats that would lead to any sort of amnesty, under any terminology. Thank you and have a good Texas day.

Sincerely,

Kirk Mooneyham
Vernon, Texas

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

Haven’t y’all got it yet? Crony Cornyn don’t care what you think. He’s part of the UniParty and proud of it.

FrogFan

Post by FrogFan »

I've voted against Cornyn in both of the last two primaries and I've sent him at least two messages expressing my displeasure at his actions. He doesn't respond and he always wins the primary elections.

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:11 am Haven’t y’all got it yet? Crony Cornyn don’t care what you think. He’s part of the UniParty and proud of it.
Maybe the system is flat-out broken, and maybe Senator Cornyn personally doesn't care one bit what I say or think. However, I bet his team would care if his office were to receive a massive amount of negative calls and messages on a specific topic. The problem is that not enough people take the time out of their day to send that message or make that call. Indifference doesn't help anything one bit.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

I sent him a message as well. I just don’t believe that he is interested in anything except retaining power for himself and his fellow cronies. During his last re-election was he talking about negotiating with Democrats on allowing illegal immigrants amnesty?

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Anyone beside me think that any amnesty before the border is controlled is an encouragement to break the law and will make illegal immigration worse for Texas?

Or am I the only one?

One mistake Regan made as President.

I remember all kinds of citizenship documents were required to hire someone and a valid SS#. Has that all gone away?

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:19 pm Anyone beside me think that any amnesty before the border is controlled is an encouragement to break the law and will make illegal immigration worse for Texas?

Or am I the only one?

I remember all kinds of citizenship documents were required to hire someone and a valid SS#. Has that all gone away?
That's exactly what I posted in my message to Senator Cornyn.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:19 pm Anyone beside me think that any amnesty before the border is controlled is an encouragement to break the law and will make illegal immigration worse for Texas?

Or am I the only one?

Showing a social security number is no issue for any of them. It won't be valid, but the government will never come back on you as an employer so I guess they aren't checking SS numbers for validity. A fraudulent SS card is one of the easiest pieces of paperwork illegals can get their hands on.
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Sun May 01, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Or am I the only one?

It absolutely increases illegal immigration. They are all coming in knowing that they will receive hundreds in Government provided assistance and they are all doing it thinking that amnesty is coming. They are all coming from countries with Zero government assistance. The promise of food stamps, housing assistance, free medical care and free schooling for their kids is a lot to resist. To be honest, if I were living where most of these people are coming from, I would come in illegally, especially under the current administration. I have no doubt that amnesty is coming and I have no doubt many so called conservative politicians will vote for it. I have no real issue with the ones who come here and work. Most of them are taking jobs that American born citizens won't even consider. Working in the building trades industry for 40 years, my experience has been that more people working in construction trades are illegally here than those who are legally from here. Good luck finding a spoiled American willing to spend the entire day putting shingles on a hot roof, mowing yards all day for 5 bucks a yard in pay, laying bricks, building fences or doing any number of other labor intensive jobs like picking fruits and vegetables in the heat all day. And these guys will get the job done faster than twice the same number of American born people. My issue is that criminals who commit violent crimes and possibly terrorists are coming across right along with them. We need them for our economy. Go into any kitchen at any restaurant in the country and you will see nothing but illegals working their buts off. I am not sure our economy can absorb the numbers crossing over the past 18 months but then again, look at all the help wanted signs at every fast food place in your area. We are starting to see more and more illegals working in the HVAC business as installers and such. That is some real hard work. Spending the whole day in a 130 degree attic. Yeah, white guys willing to do this work are far and few between over the last 10 years and I have never seen a black guy willing to do this work.

As for showing legal paperwork to get a job, it has been so long since we had to do that, I can't remember when it stopped. At least 15 years anyway. There was a time when we had to verify legal citizenship to hire someone but it abruptly ended. Someone decided it was racist or something. When I was 18-21 I worked in landscaping. I can't count how many times immigration enforcement would show up on a job and start chasing Mexicans all over the place. Heck we use to stand there and laugh at it. I had heard a story about a landscape contractor who got behind on his guys payroll and actually called immigration on his own crew. He figured out he wouldn't have to pay them if they got shipped back over the border. Part of the story was that some of the Mexicans who got away from immigration caught the guy after hours and beat the snot out of him.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Or am I the only one?
I agree 100%
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

SNIP:
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 11:37 pm
Good luck finding a spoiled American willing to spend the entire day putting shingles on a hot roof, mowing yards all day for 5 bucks a yard in pay, laying bricks, building fences or doing any number of other labor intensive jobs like picking fruits and vegetables in the heat all day.
And therein lies the problem. That "five bucks a day". A non-stop flow of illegal alien labor causes non-stop wage depression. These companies won't hire actual Americans to do that work because they'd have to pay those workers more. And, only desperate people will work that hard for so little money...but those are also people who are getting money from the taxpayers via NOT paying taxes AND by claiming Child Tax Credits. The illegals win, the companies paying them dirt wages instead of real wages win, and the regular American citizen loses. That's NOT the free market at work, that's a rigged market at work, rigged against blue-collar Americans. The elites don't like the "old peasants", who complain too much. The elites want new peasants who work for lower wages, live in squalor, and never complain.

Return to “Off-Topic”