Been a good day

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
74novaman
Posts in topic: 1

Been a good day

Post by 74novaman »

Found out today I got a full time job down here after graduation so I don't have to move back home and mooch. :hurry:

And I might be trading my Pontiac Fiero for a 6.0 iron block motor to throw into the Nova....

And I'm making Sushi for dinner.

I'd say this qualifies as a good day. :woohoo
TANSTAAFL

Trinitite

Re: Been a good day

Post by Trinitite »

whoop!

Rex B

Post by Rex B »

Congratulations!

:cheers2:
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

74novaman wrote:I'd say this qualifies as a good day. :woohoo
I'd say an excellent day. Congratulations on your new degree and your new job. :anamatedbanana
NRA Endowment Member

StewNTexas

Post by StewNTexas »

Let me tell you about a very good day.

I was at Academy with my wife and grandson. He got TWO baseballs night before last at Corpus Christi Hooks game, and we wanted to get plastic boxes for them.

While they shopped, I stopped at the firearms area. As usual. Was looking for a relatively long barrel .22 for target/plinking use. Again, as usual, I was looking at other firearms when they did not have what I was looking for.

My wife and grandson came buy with their shopping cart. She took one look into a case and said "This looks very good, why don't you buy one". It was a new Ruger LCP, the only one in the store. They had just placed it on display off a truck. Thirty minutes later we left the store, me with a new LCP, and the grandson got his plastic boxes. My wife bought a cheap charcoal grill to supplement the big gas grill for smaller items.

What a woman!!
If the 2nd admendment only applies to muskets and muzzle-loaders, then the 1st admentment must apply only to the spoken or printed word. Printing must be done on hand presses, news stories must be written in longhand, no keyboards or electric processes may be used.

mikeintexas

Post by mikeintexas »

StewNTexas wrote:Let me tell you about a very good day.

I was at Academy with my wife and grandson. He got TWO baseballs night before last at Corpus Christi Hooks game, and we wanted to get plastic boxes for them.

While they shopped, I stopped at the firearms area. As usual. Was looking for a relatively long barrel .22 for target/plinking use. Again, as usual, I was looking at other firearms when they did not have what I was looking for.

My wife and grandson came buy with their shopping cart. She took one look into a case and said "This looks very good, why don't you buy one". It was a new Ruger LCP, the only one in the store. They had just placed it on display off a truck. Thirty minutes later we left the store, me with a new LCP, and the grandson got his plastic boxes. My wife bought a cheap charcoal grill to supplement the big gas grill for smaller items.

What a woman!!
I'd marry that woman if I was you! :txflag:

CDH

Post by CDH »

Twofer! Were they the soft ones they throw between innings or game balls? I've been to a couple dozen games and caught none (game and practice balls) except for the foam things (2 one for each kid)...though a friendly old man gave my (then 5) daughter a practice ball last year.

To the OP, congrats! I recall with none too fond of memories the wait that last semester at A&M as I checked the mail and phone for rejection notices during the great job hunt. It was such a relief when I had one offer, and almost as much when I got the second so I didn't have to move to Kalifornia to work!
No damage control is ever as good as prevention.

bryang

Post by bryang »

"74novaman" I'd say this qualifies as a good day. :woohoo
Congratulations! It certainly sounds like a VERY good day!! :clapping:

-geo
"I am crucified with Christ: Nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me" -Gal 2:20

NRA-TSRA-Life Member
American Legion USN-GM
"Μολών λαβέ!"

Project One Million:Texas - Get Involved - Join The NRA & TSRA -TODAY!

roman3667

Post by roman3667 »

Novaman. Can you talk to my oldest son??? :banghead:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Congrats on the job. Not many floatin around these days.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Off-Topic”