Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
JJVP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#1

Post by JJVP » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:44 pm

http://www.schnittshow.com/cc-common/ne ... e=11586843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

User avatar

Maxwell
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#2

Post by Maxwell » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:49 pm

In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 11076
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#3

Post by Oldgringo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:25 pm

Sitting on the bench by the front door in any Walmart is like going to :eek6 the circus. Some clown strolling in with an AR-15 is no more cause for freaking out than the toothless Walmartians before or after him. Besides that, I've got him covered. :fire

Uh, doesn't Walmart sell AR-15's?


CoffeeNut
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#4

Post by CoffeeNut » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:34 pm

Oldgringo wrote:...Uh, doesn't Walmart sell AR-15's?
They do indeed. Mine even sells Colt's with Magpul furniture.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 11076
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#5

Post by Oldgringo » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:03 pm

CoffeeNut wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:...Uh, doesn't Walmart sell AR-15's?
They do indeed. Mine even sells Colt's with Magpul furniture.
They ain't got no bullets, but dey do has da' guns. :roll:


Texsquatch
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 576
Joined: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:55 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#6

Post by Texsquatch » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:42 pm

Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
:iagree:

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 10251
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#7

Post by carlson1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:45 am

I am (becoming was) for open carry. The more of these type of activities I see the less I support open carry.
Image


CoffeeNut
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 799
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:52 am
Location: San Antonio

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#8

Post by CoffeeNut » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:48 am

Frankly if I were Walmart and I saw someone wandering around with a firearm and a buddy in tow with a camera I'd ask them to leave the property as well. It's pretty clear that people like this want nothing more than attention and YouTube views. If they wanted to encourage a different store policy they'd arrange a sit down with the manager and discuss the law and even bring handouts for him like most people do when pushing a cause or they'd get permission to stand out front of the store like the Salvation Army, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and veterans groups do.

On a positive note I OC'd in New Mexico and no one cared or asked me to leave. The people at IHOP were just as friendly as ever, then again I didn't strap an AR-15 to my back nor was I being videotaped the entire time I had my coffee and pancakes.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 7414
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#9

Post by anygunanywhere » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:41 am

Maxwell wrote:In my opinion self aggrandizing idiots like this make us all look bad.

:banghead:
I disagree. This does not make us all look bad. Divorced dads who fail to make child support payments do not make all divirced dads look bad.

Drugged out teenagers do not make all teenagers look bad.

Looney leftists in congress do not make all looney leftists....wait. That one does not count.

Anyway, I disagree.

Many in the colonies thought our founding fathers made them look bad.

Sometime you just have to do what you have to do.

Anygunanywhere
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood


GlockDude26
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 am

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#10

Post by GlockDude26 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:39 am

my problem is with society as a whole and the endoctrination that has been instilled on everyday citizens "that guns ecspecially those evil black ones are in fact evil". i also don't understand how everyone here believes in the 2nd amendment rights set forth in the constitution and carry a firearm/s to protect themselves. but at the same time believe that someone with a long gun strapped to their back (is making us look bad) how is that any different from than the pistol on your hip/ankle etc. i know someone will say it's the different between handguns and long guns or open vs cc. Now i do understand the advantages/disadvantages of cc vs open, but the 2nd says ARMS..... not just pistols underneath your shirt. i believe it's because we think it will ultimately bring more restrictions or the outright ban of guns BECAUSE OF THE EFFECT IT HAS ON SOCIETY AND THAT'S WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE. (people freaking out and calling the cops, making the news, etc.) as i said if open carry passed i would most likely still carry concealed for it's surprise advantages but if the majority of the public had firearms openly there would be a whole lot less temptation for crime. Prime EX. HOW MANY SKEET SHOOTING TOURNAMENTS OR ANY OTHER SHOOTING COMPETITON EVENTS HAVE EVER HAD A MASS SHOOTING???? not accident, but mass shooting like Aurora, Columbine, etc....

NONE.......

and thats because most everybody there have guns and no how to shoot them..... now take that and multiply it by the population of the Texas, or the whole country. imagine how nice it would be. Now there will be crazies and people who mentally shouldn't have guns, but they will be expended quickly by the majority who should. you'd be surprised how fast all these excuses and mental issues/illnesses that cause "good ol american young men/women" to commit murder and other horrendous crimes disappear. I believe that everyone is afraid to change the stigma slowly because of resistance (as we have already seen) but this place has sunk to a point where no gradual change will really make a difference and it's become desperate times call for desperate measures.I'm sure some of you will disagree and that's fine nor will i respond to any comments made on mine, this is just my rant/opinion....thanks for watching! :txflag:
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."


bdickens
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2807
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 am
Location: Houston

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#11

Post by bdickens » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:57 am

Much of their regular clientele scares me a whole lot more.
Byron Dickens

User avatar

SC1903A3
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:21 pm
Location: DFW
Contact:

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#12

Post by SC1903A3 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:07 am

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. This is just another case of the "all about me" syndrome.

User avatar

Topic author
JJVP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 2093
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:34 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#13

Post by JJVP » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:30 am

There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.


bdickens
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 2807
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:36 am
Location: Houston

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#14

Post by bdickens » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:41 am

The only weapon you can even get a license for in the state of Texas is a handgun. No license at all is needed - or even available - for anything else and if it isn't illegal to own it in the first place then you can carry it anywhere.
Byron Dickens

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 18220
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: Man brings AR-15 into Walmart; People freak out

#15

Post by Keith B » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:06 am

JJVP wrote:There was something on the video that made me think. I believe that he actually committed a felony. Let me explain. The first guy that came in told him it was illegal to carry because they sell alcohol. The TABC "blue" sign says, " The Unlicensed Possession of a WEAPON" . It does not say, the "Unlicensed possession of a HANDGUN". There is no license for long guns in TX and therefore he was in possession of a WEAPON on a TABC "blue" business. It also occurred to me that even those of us carry with a CHL, are committing a felony when we go into any "Blue" business with a knife in the pocket. The knife is "unlicensed" and it is a "weapon".

Thoughts?
AR-15 on that premise is an unlicensed weapon and IS a felony. A knife in your pocekt is not against the law unless it is an illegal knife as defined under weapons in TPC 46.01.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”