DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 68
Posts: 5283
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#106

Post by Jusme »

I have no issue going almost anywhere in DFW I just thought if we could get a more central location like DFW airport area, more people could make it. I'm just not familiar with breakfast/lunch locations in that area.

South Arlington was great from my perspective, but I wanted to get as many people involved as possible.

We can have an East/ West, North/South plan with two different locations, and a semi annual meetup with everyone. I just don't want it to die out. I know that DFW encompasses a large area, and I don't want some to have to do all of the driving. We had folks from a wide area last time, but distance was a problem for some. My particular experiences with working in the DFW area, has made me immune to distance for the most part, but I realize that is not the case for everyone. I was just hoping someone else would make suggestions, and even if it requires more than one location, with a face time call, to connect, I'm in.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:
User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9308
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#107

Post by joe817 »

Well I can think of 3 right off the top of my head that serves great breakfasts:

1. Old South Pancake House which is on University Drive, just south of I-30 in Ft. Worth - http://www.olsouthpancakehouse.com/
This is where I learned to put sour cream on my waffles, and the only breakfast restaurant that still serves molasses. :drool:

2. Esperanza'a Cafe & Bakery - In the Stockyards District on Main Street in Ft. Worth, just around the corner of my most favorite Mexican food restaurant in the world, Joe T. Garcias. In fact they are owned by the same family. Great Breakfasts, and a large menu. Breakfast enchiladas or menudo anyone?

http://www.esperanzasfw.com/menu

3. Mimi's Cafe(301 E. I-20) located in the Arlington Highlands Shopping Center at Matlock & I-20. Great breakfasts, good atmosphere.

http://www.mimiscafe.com/Breakfast.aspx#

Those are just a few I thought of.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380
User avatar

LucasMcCain
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:00 pm
Location: DFW, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#108

Post by LucasMcCain »

Mimi's is quite large, and they do have really excellent food. They used to have breakfast all day, and the wife and I would go there for breakfast for dinner.
I carry a gun so that I can go home to my family, and if need be, help you go home to yours.

I am not a lawyer.
User avatar

Excaliber
Moderator
Posts in topic: 62
Posts: 5902
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm
Location: DFW Metro

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#109

Post by Excaliber »

I favor something in the Fort Worth area.

Arlington was quite a hike from my place.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.
User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 59
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#110

Post by Flightmare »

Bumping this up again. We've got just one weekend left between now and the 15th. Someone needs to nail down a location. :)
Deplorable lunatic since 2016
User avatar

joe817
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9308
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:13 pm
Location: Arlington

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#111

Post by joe817 »

Flightmare wrote:Bumping this up again. We've got just one weekend left between now and the 15th. Someone needs to nail down a location. :)
:iagree: I wish more people would chime in. :totap:

My vote is for Esperanza's bakery or Old South Pancake House. Both in Ft. Worth. What say you, you all? I'm open to suggestions.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380
User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 59
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#112

Post by Flightmare »

I have been to Ol South many times and enjoyed the food. I know they have room for us. However, they ARE posted 30.07 according to Texas3006.com
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

SA-TX
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:16 pm
Location: Ellis County now; adios Dallas!

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#113

Post by SA-TX »

Any chance of adding some optional range time afterwards? I'm honestly ashamed at how long it has been and would love to end the drought. :fire
User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 59
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#114

Post by Flightmare »

joe817 wrote:Well I can think of 3 right off the top of my head that serves great breakfasts:

1. Old South Pancake House which is on University Drive, just south of I-30 in Ft. Worth - http://www.olsouthpancakehouse.com/
This is where I learned to put sour cream on my waffles, and the only breakfast restaurant that still serves molasses. :drool:

2. Esperanza'a Cafe & Bakery - In the Stockyards District on Main Street in Ft. Worth, just around the corner of my most favorite Mexican food restaurant in the world, Joe T. Garcias. In fact they are owned by the same family. Great Breakfasts, and a large menu. Breakfast enchiladas or menudo anyone?

http://www.esperanzasfw.com/menu

3. Mimi's Cafe(301 E. I-20) located in the Arlington Highlands Shopping Center at Matlock & I-20. Great breakfasts, good atmosphere.

http://www.mimiscafe.com/Breakfast.aspx#

Those are just a few I thought of.
All 3 of these locations are posted 30.07. Many in our group in June were open carrying, so a 30.07 sign would be problematic.

Personally, I am fine going back to Rudy's. The food was good there, and we kinda had a section of the restaurant to ourselves. I don't care that I have to drive from Plano.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016
User avatar

Topic author
bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 65
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#115

Post by bblhd672 »

Although I prefer a place that allows open carry for those who want to do so, a 30.07 posted place is okay with me as long as it doesn't cause anyone from attending.

I liked Rudy's for being open carry friendly, good food and we had plenty of quiet space that we could visit in.

Another consideration about popular "breakfast places" is they are probably all really busy on Saturday morning and won't like us taking up space visiting if customers are waiting to be seated.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 2114
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#116

Post by crazy2medic »

I am going to try and make this breakfast, I prefer to open carry so an open carry venue would be appreciated!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker
User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 68
Posts: 5283
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#117

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:Although I prefer a place that allows open carry for those who want to do so, a 30.07 posted place is okay with me as long as it doesn't cause anyone from attending.

I liked Rudy's for being open carry friendly, good food and we had plenty of quiet space that we could visit in.

Another consideration about popular "breakfast places" is they are probably all really busy on Saturday morning and won't like us taking up space visiting if customers are waiting to be seated.

Ok, I'm going to say let's make it Rudy's again, I hope even more people will make it.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1335
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#118

Post by treadlightly »

Flightmare wrote:Personally, I am fine going back to Rudy's. The food was good there, and we kinda had a section of the restaurant to ourselves. I don't care that I have to drive from Plano.
Plano? I risked life and limb on a motorcycle to get there from the uncharted prairies east of Waco!

Got there too late. No, not because I can't get up to an alarm. I didn't see the thread about the event until 7 or so that day. The physics of displacement equal to velocity times time can be so cruel when there's 100 miles in the way of a gun meetup.

But don't mind me. I may have to work that day, anyway. Not sure yet. If I can I'd like to meet you fine folks, all of whom I sense are friends I haven't met yet. If I can make it, I'll be the shy one with the modest shirt hemline discreetly below the 1911 muzzle.
User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 59
Posts: 2770
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#119

Post by Flightmare »

Jusme wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Although I prefer a place that allows open carry for those who want to do so, a 30.07 posted place is okay with me as long as it doesn't cause anyone from attending.

I liked Rudy's for being open carry friendly, good food and we had plenty of quiet space that we could visit in.

Another consideration about popular "breakfast places" is they are probably all really busy on Saturday morning and won't like us taking up space visiting if customers are waiting to be seated.

Ok, I'm going to say let's make it Rudy's again, I hope even more people will make it.
I will see you there!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016
User avatar

rtschl
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 10
Posts: 1003
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:50 pm
Location: Fort Worth

Re: DFW West/Southwest Quadrant Breakfast

#120

Post by rtschl »

It's on my calendar so I plan to be there.
Ron
NRA Member
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”